• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
spoh6yamfgn31.png

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm on the fence on if I want to get these games. I don't have a Nintendo Switch so first I would have to purchase one. And I've taking such a long hiatus from Pokemon it would be nice to get back in at some point. Sad that the National Dex doesn't seem to exist from what I hear. If only Charizard was one of the absent Pokemon...yeah I said it. Sick of the overexposure that thing gets.

I wonder if my favorite Pokemon will make it into Sword and Shield?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm on the fence on if I want to get these games. I don't have a Nintendo Switch so first I would have to purchase one. And I've taking such a long hiatus from Pokemon it would be nice to get back in at some point. Sad that the National Dex doesn't seem to exist from what I hear. If only Charizard was one of the absent Pokemon...yeah I said it. Sick of the overexposure that thing gets.

I guess that depends on what your favorite Pokemon is?

The regional Dex will probably still be fairly large, considering. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had what, 500 Pokemon in theirs? I'd expect right around there. A lot of Pokemon have already been confirmed, especially popular ones like Tyranitar.

The ones I expect to get the axe are dumb ones like Dunsparce or Castform, unless they happen to get an evolution like Farfetch'd did.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I guess that depends on what your favorite Pokemon is?

The regional Dex will probably still be fairly large, considering. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had what, 500 Pokemon in theirs? I'd expect right around there. A lot of Pokemon have already been confirmed, especially popular ones like Tyranitar.

The ones I expect to get the axe are dumb ones like Dunsparce or Castform, unless they happen to get an evolution like Farfetch'd did.
Lol, I'm sure the Dunsparce and Castform fanbases are biting their nails right now in fear. I'm sure the Pokemon I'm looking forward to seeing will be in the game.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
While there's obvious "Popular" choices, the rest is up to GF. There's no science to this, just guesswork.

Shifting into something less controversial, do you guys think the new key art is legit? Most think so, since it ties in all the regions like the previous promo hinted at.

anime2019i-650x576.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While there's obvious "Popular" choices, the rest is up to GF. There's no science to this, just guesswork.

Shifting into something less controversial, do you guys think the new key art is legit? Most think so, since it ties in all the regions like the previous promo hinted at.

anime2019i-650x576.jpg
I feel like if it was fake Ash would be w few years older. Since he finally won I've seen fans speculate over a timeskip

Soldier

Awards

To be honest, i'm kind of beginning to hate Charizard as well, the things been distributed over countless events, got in smash, has TWO mega forms, is owned by a VIP in Sword and Shield, and has been the mascot for various games. WHY?!? I get that it's from gen 1 and that it's been around for quite a while but the thing's not that great in competitive play, Without it's megas it was niche at best and stealth rock easily softened it up. And i have a feeling we'll be seeing more of this thing in the years to come, because even Sun and MOON didn't give us any reprieve from the flaming reptile.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The reason Charizard gets a royal treatment is because he is one of THE most popular Pokemon. If for some reason he stops being popular, which I doubt, then we have Charizard for years and years to come.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It just occurred to me that they still haven't revealed the types of the two wolf mascots. We got Solgaleo and Lunalaa's typings very shortly after they were revealed

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It just occurred to me that they still haven't revealed the types of the two wolf mascots. We got Solgaleo and Lunalaa's typings very shortly after they were revealed
I'm still betting on them sharing either Fighting or Steel type (Steel because of the weaponry, or Fighting because of the apparent heroism aspect) and their other types being Fire (Shield) and Ice (Sword) due to the flame on Zacian's shield mane and the fact they glow red and blue when they go to attack.

Perkilator

Awards
Apparently EXP Share got the axe for good. Now, all your party gets EXP naturally.

Am I the only one who never really minded this? I was never really a fan of grinding each individual Pokémon for hours and hours, so I just kinda...left them on the back burner, and regretted it when I got to the end.

With all my party getting EXP, not only is it evenly leveled, but it saves a lot of time that I could use to actually get through the story. Of course, grinding is still involved, but not so much it just about pads out the game.

Think of it like most RPGs; Kingdom Hearts for example. All the party gets EXP, but the difference between Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon post-XY, is that in the latter's case, the party member who's active in battles gets more than the rest of the party, whose spoils are divided.

TL;DR: I liked all my party getting EXP because it saves me a lot of time and trouble, which makes it more enjoyable for me than simply grinding each individual one for countless hours.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There are 18 gyms, divided into major league & minor league.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This EXP sharing mechanism is really something to cater to the newer generation that has a play style consisting of shorter bursts of gaming sessions.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hated the EXP share because it made the game too easy. If they make the game harder, then I'm all for the EXP share being gone and every Pokemon being levelled up naturally. I just hope the game's difficulty gets increased.

I also hope that regular Weezing is in the game. It's so disappointing that something that was supposed to be a celebration turned into such a tragedy.

Back