• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should characters that got their happy ending be relevant to the new plot or stuck to cameos?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I for some reason get the implication that Nomura was referring to mostly antagonists like Xemnas, Ansem, and Master Xehanort when he was referring to Dark Seeker saga characters who won’t return. The former two in particular seem really dead this time and I don’t see MX returning outside of YMX. That’s just the end of the road for them - they were defeated, they finally realized how much their lives sucked, but it was too late for them. Riku Replica probably won’t return either. Every other character I could see returning, but it’s likely some will indeed take a big backseat for a while and would only return for the final battle against MOM or something.

Nukara

Awards
This! I want RAX or at least Roxas and Xion to stay in Twilight Town and any future storylines with them take place there. Now that they've overcome death and the dreaded "memory loss" issue there's no need to force more drama on them, as there's no way they are going to top what they already went through. Any problems they face now should be small scale at home drama, like finishing homework on time and school life. If Sora goes to visit them in future games their stories should be self-contained and stay in Twilight Town. They can be Sora's party members of TT even. Personally I'd love for Lea to get them a pet to teach them responsibility and it turns out to be Nemo in a fish tank. Or they go to a Power Line concert. Or maybe RAX dress up as masked superheroes whenever Heartless show up to get rid of them, which gets TT buzzing. Think the Great Saiyaman or Darkwing Duck. Small stuff like that.

In short, I don't need to see these guys be involved in the battle against MoM and the Foretellers, but I don't want them to disappear either. Just treat Twilight Town as you would a Disney World, being self-contained where we can see Roxas and friends and get a update on their lives. That's enough for me and RAX is my favorite aspect of KH.
Roxas and Xion may have returned, but they have survived too much to just live in peace. Roxas has two keyblade amazing powers that I don't want Nomura to score on.

Xagzan

Awards
Be careful about wanting a whole new cast of characters nobody cares about, just to feel "fresh," at the expense of established characters the fanbase already knows and loves. It's been the downfall of many a shonen anime.

For me, I mostly just want to see more from our female characters. Xion and Namine have been absent too long and need to catch up with everyone, Aqua is just awesome, and Kairi needs...well, everything 😑

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Be careful about wanting a whole new cast of characters nobody cares about, just to feel "fresh," at the expense of established characters the fanbase already knows and loves. It's been the downfall of many a shonen anime.

As the series moves forward, we need to make peace with the fact that those fan favorite characters may not be as involved anymore, or even retired permanently. If they're not relevant to the future games, they shouldn't be shoehorned in just because people want to keep them around.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

For me, I mostly just want to see more from our female characters. Xion and Namine have been absent too long and need to catch up with everyone, Aqua is just awesome, and Kairi needs...well, everything 😑

Agreed. I always think of Digimon Adventure 02 whenever the idea of having a new cast comes into play for any series, it does not always work. It's a risk and right now the only characters of the union X I'm interested in our MoM, Ava, and Aced (mainly to see him fight Terra) I don't count Luxu, Marluxia and them because they are old characters running around pretending to be new ones. The only thing I like about the other Foretellers is their outfits. They look amazing design wise so I hope I'll grow to love them all the more they appear. But if these new characters don't click like the previous trios I'd be worried. This might sound cold but I was kinda neutral the first time Ephemer appeared in the Keyblade Graveyard during my first KH3 playthrough mainly because this was my first time seeing him outside another users avatar. I was like "Are you Roxas? Are you Xion? Are you Terra? Are you Namine? No? Then shoo!" I appreciate it much better now and feel bad about how neutral I felt to it the first time. I really hope the Union X characters get a story port so I can get attached to these guys for future games.

Xagzan

Awards
As the series moves forward, we need to make peace with the fact that those fan favorite characters may not be as involved anymore, or even retired permanently. If they're not relevant to the future games, they shouldn't be shoehorned in just because people want to keep them around.

Again, downfall. Be very careful what you wish for. Better to shoehorn in old favorites that still have untapped potential than try to make us invest in a whole new roster of no ones just for plot's sake.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Again, downfall. Be very careful what you wish for. Better to shoehorn in old favorites that still have untapped potential than try to make us invest in a whole new roster of no ones just for plot's sake.

Except they're not new characters? They've been steadily introduced over the last 6 years. Regardless of how you may feel about them and how much attention you may have paid to their story, they are going to take priority in this upcoming saga. We all have our favorites, but demanding that the older characters be in the spotlight when they have no reason to be is ultimately what's going to be causing problems.

Xagzan

Awards
Except they're not new characters? They've been steadily introduced over the last 6 years. Regardless of how you may feel about them and how much attention you may have paid to their story, they are going to take priority in this upcoming saga. We all have our favorites, but demanding that the older characters be in the spotlight when they have no reason to be is ultimately what's going to be causing problems.

I was actually referring more to whoever the Yozora characters turn out to be, and they have definitely not been introduced before now. But no, having Nomura write things business as usual is going to be what causes problems, but that seems inevitable 😅 "Reason" is irrelevant. He makes the reason. I just think the cast is the best thing KH has going for it right now, and shouldn't be sacrificed to fulfill whatever inscrutable plot maze Nomura thinks up next.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've always wanted to do away with the excess characters because I thought the unnecessary introduction of trio after trio dragged down the series. I never really thought about the idea of all that screentime being directed instead toward the Foretellers, Ephemera, and Yozora, who I so far haven't liked at all. The mystery girl is the only new character I have a slight interest in finding out more about only because of the connection to Lea and Isa.

The problem is that even if they do keep all the old characters on a backburner, many of the ones I would want to see again (like Namine and Aqua) will probably become mannequins at best considering they weren't even utilized well when they were actually a part of the main story.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Rather than shoehorning them in, the plot should've just been naturally built around them to begin with. Which, for a while, is what many fans were expecting. IMO, rather than Nomura trying to complicate the story and add a thousand twist, turns, and eleventh hour reveals that needlessly convolute & clutter the narrative of the series, he should instead be focusing on building characters that are well enough established that they alone can move the story forward because you already know how they'd act and respond to certain situations, to the point where all you'd have to do is present them with a set of circumstances/obstacles and let things flow naturally. In other words, make the stories character driven, rather than a continuous plot maze filled with poorly justified contrivances in order to force things to go a certain way.

But Nomura just can't be satisfied with what he's made and leave the status quo be, or let it organically develop anymore. No, it's clear to me that he isn't as invested in the characters he's already made as much as he is with all those grandiose future ideas he's concocted. That became evident when KH3 was more about setting up the next Saga than it was concluding the original one (hence all the contrivances, inconsistencies, unaddressed plot threads, and sequel fodder littered throughout the game), and because of that, now you have people feeling unsatisfied and either wanting more of what they were led to believe they'd get, or just losing interest entirely. Then, in interviews leading up to the KH3's release, he admitted to having extreme difficulty keeping track of who knows who and what they're relationship was like, and considering it's not even that hard to remember, he probably hasn't been paying super close attention to the things he's written either (though who knows, he could've just been really busy with other stuff back then). Which is likely the real, out-of-universe reason for why Lea suddenly brings Ventus up outta nowhere in his conversation with Kairi, why Roxas and Riku are shown hanging out with no issues, why replicas & data suddenly became pivotal to everything, or why Repliku suddenly appeared so prominently again despite hardly being mentioned in the series after his death (even though I'm actually really glad he wasn't forgotten).

Anyway, the point is that "shoehorning" more of the old cast in at this point is no different than randomly making Ven, Larxene, Marluxia, Luxord, Demyx, and Xigbar all Keyblade Weilders from the Age of Fairytales, or suddenly changing the roster of the PoH for incredibly vague and contrived reasons. Because we can't just let these characters have simple, straightforward backstories or even regular stories anymore, even though that purity is where much of series' initial charm came from in terms of it's original cast. Now there always has to be some sort of twist reveal that makes everything 1000x more convoluted, and the magic's gone. So if a character isn't a "clone" (as certain people like to call them), they're literally just someone else altogether, which isn't a satisfying or interesting way of involving them in future story events to me, and I'd rather the series focus on furthering the journeys and exploring the dynamics of the people who have been better established.

Xagzan

Awards
Rather than shoehorning them in, the plot should've just been naturally built around them to begin with.

In other words, make the stories character driven, rather than a continuous plot maze filled with poorly justified contrivances in order to force things to go a certain way.

For sure, and now with this new saga he has another chance to do just that, but like I implied, I don't expect it lol.

and I'd rather the series focus on furthering the journeys and exploring the dynamics of the people who have been better established.

That's what I'm asking for too.

I've always wanted to do away with the excess characters because I thought the unnecessary introduction of trio after trio dragged down the series. I never really thought about the idea of all that screentime being directed instead toward the Foretellers, Ephemera, and Yozora, who I so far haven't liked at all.

Mhmm, like I said, be careful what you think you want 😅

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Rather than shoehorning them in, the plot should've just been naturally built around them to begin with. Which, for a while, is what many fans were expecting. IMO, rather than Nomura trying to complicate the story and add a thousand twist, turns, and eleventh hour reveals that needlessly convolute & clutter the narrative of the series, he should instead be focusing on building characters that are well enough established that they alone can move the story forward because you already know how they'd act and respond to certain situations, to the point where all you'd have to do is present them with a set of circumstances/obstacles and let things flow naturally. In other words, make the stories character driven, rather than a continuous plot maze filled with poorly justified contrivances in order to force things to go a certain way.

But Nomura just can't be satisfied with what he's made and leave the status quo be, or let it organically develop anymore. No, it's clear to me that he isn't as invested in the characters he's already made as much as he is with all those grandiose future ideas he's concocted. That became evident when KH3 was more about setting up the next Saga than it was concluding the original one (hence all the contrivances, inconsistencies, unaddressed plot threads, and sequel fodder littered throughout the game), and because of that, now you have people feeling unsatisfied and either wanting more of what they were led to believe they'd get, or just losing interest entirely. Then, in interviews leading up to the KH3's release, he admitted to having extreme difficulty keeping track of who knows who and what they're relationship was like, and considering it's not even that hard to remember, he probably hasn't been paying super close attention to the things he's written either (though who knows, he could've just been really busy with other stuff back then). Which is likely the real, out-of-universe reason for why Lea suddenly brings Ventus up outta nowhere in his conversation with Kairi, why Roxas and Riku are shown hanging out with no issues, why replicas & data suddenly became pivotal to everything, or why Repliku suddenly appeared so prominently again despite hardly being mentioned in the series after his death (even though I'm actually really glad he wasn't forgotten).

Anyway, the point is that "shoehorning" more of the old cast in at this point is no different than randomly making Ven, Larxene, Marluxia, Luxord, Demyx, and Xigbar all Keyblade Weilders from the Age of Fairytales, or suddenly changing the roster of the PoH for incredibly vague and contrived reasons. Because we can't just let these characters have simple, straightforward backstories or even regular stories anymore, even though that purity is where much of series' initial charm came from in terms of it's original cast. Now there always has to be some sort of twist reveal that makes everything 1000x more convoluted, and the magic's gone. So if a character isn't a "clone" (as certain people like to call them), they're literally just someone else altogether, which isn't a satisfying or interesting way of involving them in future story events to me, and I'd rather the series focus on furthering the journeys and exploring the dynamics of the people who have been better established.

I especially like your point on Marluxia, Luxord, Demyx, and Larxene being Keybladers. I was okay with Xigbar, I figured he'd get one through some underhanded tactic in KH3, but members 9-12 also coming from a Keyblade background? Are you kidding me? Marluxia's plan at CO to control Sora feels like a joke now because his Somebody came from a Keyblade background. And it's made even worse because Roxas was suppose to be the only Nobody to not remember his past life. KH2 and Days really hammer that home but now members 9-12 also don't remember their past because otherwise they would remember they have Keyblade stuff too. I wonder if this will be addressed.

So I have a question. I know Demyx and Luxord are still unknown on the Somebody front, but Marluxia and Larxene. Do their Somebodies both have Keyblades in the Union X stories? Because if so then they don't remember it as Nobodies making the Nobodies whole "we remember our past life" thing a bust.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I especially like your point on Marluxia, Luxord, Demyx, and Larxene being Keybladers. I was okay with Xigbar, I figured he'd get one through some underhanded tactic in KH3, but members 9-12 also coming from a Keyblade background? Are you kidding me? Marluxia's plan at CO to control Sora feels like a joke now because his Somebody came from a Keyblade background. And it's made even worse because Roxas was suppose to be the only Nobody to not remember his past life. KH2 and Days really hammer that home but now members 9-12 also don't remember their past because otherwise they would remember they have Keyblade stuff too. I wonder if this will be addressed.

So I have a question. I know Demyx and Luxord are still unknown on the Somebody front, but Marluxia and Larxene. Do their Somebodies both have Keyblades in the Union X stories? Because if so then they don't remember it as Nobodies making the Nobodies whole "we remember our past life" thing a bust.
Yeah, I mean, I'm definitely more accepting of Xigbar's twist than the rest (it was honestly executed pretty well), but it's still annoying since we know far less about Luxu as a person than we did "Braig."

As for the rest, yeah, the Union X crap utterly decimated their original characters for me. It would've been so easy, and far simpler to just... Have them be regular guys with exceptionally strong wills. It would've highlighted how even normal people can get caught up in the supernatural side of the KH universe, how such an experience can broaden their horizons, and ultimately change how they viewed the world and their place in it. Perhaps have their time as Nobodies enlighten them and enable them to overcome a personal, everyday crisis they were dealing with prior to their separation (ex. Abuse, neglect, grief, manipulation, etc.). Small arcs for small characters, and that could really resonate with a lot of people if it's depicted well. It also would've beautifully dovetailed with the Days trio if they decided to retire and become normal people; further cementing how, at they're core, the organization really was a group of people trying to find/complete themselves just as much on a spiritual level as on a physical one. Heck, it even could've played into the themes of existence and humanity that defined Organization 13 as a group. In a broader sense, it's poignant simplicity could've helped to balance out all the crazy, overly convoluted bs KH has created over the years as well.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I for some reason get the implication that Nomura was referring to mostly antagonists like Xemnas, Ansem, and Master Xehanort when he was referring to Dark Seeker saga characters who won’t return. The former two in particular seem really dead this time and I don’t see MX returning outside of YMX. That’s just the end of the road for them - they were defeated, they finally realized how much their lives sucked, but it was too late for them. Riku Replica probably won’t return either. Every other character I could see returning, but it’s likely some will indeed take a big backseat for a while and would only return for the final battle against MOM or something.
I'm pretty sure that's who Nomura was referring to, but I still have doubts he'll stick to it. :LOL:

Sora's even at a place where dead people have a chance to come back!

This right here! And I wish Nomura would realize that no matter what he wants to do, it's success depends on how the characters are written.

Nearly everything that happens (and doesn't happen) in KH3 is a result of characters being uncharacteristically stupid, redundant, suddenly weaker than tissue, or just plain bullshitting.

The reason for Sora not being allowed to help rescue Aqua was dumb.
Keyblade breakage is dumb.
Riku and Mickey's mission was dumb.
Waiting 7 hours just for Yen Sid to repeat what Marluxia said about the PoH was dumb.
How Roxas and Xion returned was dumb.
Aqua blocking attacks with her face was dumb.
Sora trying to regain the Power of Waking thoughout the whole game, only for Ventus near the end to say Sora had it all along and he just had to be near someone who needs it for it to activate was dumb.
Making a big deal of Lea losing his Keyblade only for it return a few minutes later was dumb.
All the sequel bait was dumb.
Yeetus Vanitas.
And more!!!

There's....just so much, and I can't take most of what happens seriously or even care because of it. I just can't see how Nomura can think any of these scenes are cool.

And Ienzo claiming he and Sora met at Castle Oblivion. Even though that takes minutes of zipping through the cutscenes to know that never happened.

It's okay for Nomura to have forgotten stuff over the years. He can just research his previous stories (as all writers should do.) Going through everything doesn't actually take that much time, but it's like Nomura is going solely from memory.

With Lea talking about Ven, I think it might be Nomura trying to explain why Lea/Axel never noticed the similarity between Roxas and Ven. Except Nomura could have just went with Lea forgetting about a kid he knew for 5 minutes.

I swear Nomura does all this in some false belief that it makes writing easier.

It doesn't.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
This right here! And I wish Nomura would realize that no matter what he wants to do, it's success depends on how the characters are written.

Nearly everything that happens (and doesn't happen) in KH3 is a result of characters being uncharacteristically stupid, redundant, suddenly weaker than tissue, or just plain bullshitting.

The reason for Sora not being allowed to help rescue Aqua was dumb.
Keyblade breakage is dumb.
Riku and Mickey's mission was dumb.
Waiting 7 hours just for Yen Sid to repeat what Marluxia said about the PoH was dumb.
How Roxas and Xion returned was dumb.
Aqua blocking attacks with her face was dumb.
Sora trying to regain the Power of Waking throughout the whole game, only for Ventus near the end to say Sora had it all along and he just had to be near someone who needs it for it to activate was dumb.
Making a big deal of Lea losing his Keyblade only for it return a few minutes later was dumb.
All the sequel bait was dumb.
Yeetus Vanitas.
And more!!!

There's....just so much, and I can't take most of what happens seriously or even care because of it. I just can't see how Nomura can think how any of these scenes are cool
Exactly! I don't understand why the characters aren't the main priority when they're the surrogate from which we experience the story. If they don't service the narrative properly, aren't respected, or are not consistent, then it becomes harder to engage with the story.

To add to that list:
Mickey, Riku, and Sora not knowing about the three hearts inside him after Re: coded and DDD, in which all three of them saw and interacted with these people while they were in Sora was dumb. Re: coded's secret ending (in which Mickey literally states he knows where Ven's heart is), and just the take away in general is pointless now since no one actually remembered a thing from it. Aside from Maleficent... Maybe??

Oh yeah, Maleficent and Pete doing nothing was just a complete waste, and the fact that they were included despite was dumb.

Mickey and Riku magically not running into any heartless until they got to the dark margin was dumb. All of of their preparations were also dumb seeing as how they amounted to diddly squat, and Aqua still out performed both of them in that Realm during 0.2 despite not having half the preparations they did.

SoD appearing to Aqua and AtW with zero explanation or justification was dumb. Same with Aqua losing her Keyblade.

Kairi and Lea still being useless after training in a realm without time (literally they could of stayed in their years if they wanted to) was frustratingly dumb.

Ven running up to Terra (twice!) despite being told back at the Mysterious Tower what was going on with him, and then being knocked out by him was... laughably dumb.

Could probably go on, but yeah, I really can't take anything in KH3 seriously. Any of it. And when I actually try to reason out some logic from it, I genuinely get a headache. 😫

And Ienzo claiming he and Sora met at Castle Oblivion. Even though that takes minutes of zipping through the cutscenes to know that never happened.

It's okay for Nomura to have forgotten stuff over the years. He can just research his previous stories (as all writers should do.) Going through everything doesn't actually take that much time, but it's like Nomura is going solely from memory.

With Lea talking about Ven, I think it might Nomura trying to explain why Lea/Axel never noticed to similarity between Roxas and Ven. Except Nomura could have just went with Lea forgetting about a kid he knew for 5 minutes
Oh god, I forgot about that crap! And then the fact that neither he nor Riku (or even Lea for that matter) had any bad blood between them is bizarre. Oh, but I guess it's ok since Nomura remembered that one little moment where Lexeaus clocked Roxas in the face (which wasn't even in the cutscene movie version) and decided to have some pay off for that instead.... Ugh.

Precisely! It doesn't take that much time to run back through the series and refresh yourself on these things, yet at so many points it felt like Nomura either forgot key events/dialogue, or just remembered them out of the blue. Or like you said, he could've been going off memory.

Oh I know WHY the moment of Lea talking about Ven exist, but the actual dialogue spoken feels incredibly off and forced. Almost as if Nomura just wanted to throw in a line about how "Hey, Lea does remember Ventus after all!" without actually caring enough to make sure it felt natural (and the randomness of the moment makes it seem HE just remembered their interaction, otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't have been placed in a scene where it's actually appropriate, ya know?). For example, what is it that prompts Lea to bring up the subject in the first place? Kairi talks about how Namine deserves to exist, but there's no segue, transition, or really any kind of prompting between that and Lea talking about Ventus, so it effectively comes out of nowhere. Second of all, why is Lea so concerned (seemingly even genuinely worried) about whether or not Ventus specifically remembers him? If you go back to the scene in which the two actually meet in BBS, it's heavily implied that Lea stops to become friends with random folks all the time (or at the very least all day), so what makes Ventus' acknowledgement so special?

"What is it with and picking up stray puppies?:cautious:"

"I want everyone I meet to remember me!😉"

I swear Nomura does all this in some false belief that it makes writing easier.

It doesn't.
Not one bit..

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
And again, so much negativity on KH3 ...
And if on the topic, then I think that we will see Xehanort and Eragus, perhaps as a flashback, I hope for a separate game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I'm cool with a few characters taking a backseat. Not every character needs to be used.

Granted not every character/story lends itself to be ongoing. Some characters/stories tell you when its good to end.

I guess it depends on who you are interested creatively and more importantly who nomura is interested in.

To me only Roxas and Xion got a happy ending. Everybody else got a carthathic resolution but i could pitch you another story with them. Even characters i rather get rid off like Sora, Kairi and Xehanort i could figure something out.

Right now I rather just split them up on different journeys happening the same time. Its an easier way to balance them all and those become the spinoffs. KH4 happens after they meet up and trade notes.

Reactions: Any

Any

Awards
To me only Roxas and Xion got a happy ending. Everybody else got a carthathic resolution but i could pitch you another story with them

Hm.

That’s what buzz-killed me about the resolutions. There’s always a threat or problem to their resolutions. Like dang, can we have one happy resolution without the character being harmed in the situation.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Exactly! I don't understand why the characters aren't the main priority when they're the surrogate from which we experience the story. If they don't service the narrative properly, aren't respected, or are not consistent, then it becomes harder to engage with the story.

To add to that list:
Mickey, Riku, and Sora not knowing about the three hearts inside him after Re: coded and DDD, in which all three of them saw and interacted with these people while they were in Sora was dumb. Re: coded's secret ending (in which Mickey literally states he knows where Ven's heart is), and just the take away in general is pointless now since no one actually remembered a thing from it. Aside from Maleficent... Maybe??
I'd probably need to rewatch the scenes, but I remember it as not Mickey and Riku forgetting, but that they just never told anyone. Which would be even worse...

Oh yeah, Maleficent and Pete doing nothing was just a complete waste, and the fact that they were included despite was dumb.
Oh, they weren't doing nothing. They talked about sequel bait!

Mickey and Riku magically not running into any heartless until they got to the dark margin was dumb. All of of their preparations were also dumb seeing as how they amounted to diddly squat, and Aqua still out performed both of them in that Realm during 0.2 despite not having half the preparations they did.
I had to stop reading the "Aqua addicted to darkness" thread at some point cuz the sheer amount of RoD's inconsistencies and Mickey's less then stellar 10-year rescue mission hurt my brain.

Also, everyone should just stop listening to Yen Sid. I don't know one situation where he made the right call.

SoD appearing to Aqua and AtW with zero explanation or justification was dumb. Same with Aqua losing her Keyblade.
I seriously thought I missed something when this happened.

Kairi and Lea still being useless after training in a realm without time (literally they could of stayed in their years if they wanted to) was frustratingly dumb.
And Lea already knew how to fight with his chakrams, which he still has.

What's even the point of having them in a place they can spend years in if they're gonna be made weak? Ah, yes. Fake drama.

Ven running up to Terra (twice!) despite being told back at the Mysterious Tower what was going on with him, and then being knocked out by him was... laughably dumb.
It's scenes like this where my only reaction is "you deserved this."

How am I supposed to feel bad for these characters when they go out of their way to have bad stuff happen to them?

Could probably go on, but yeah, I really can't take anything in KH3 seriously. Any of it. And when I actually try to reason out some logic from it, I genuinely get a headache. 😫
ahcnBy5.gif

Oh god, I forgot about that crap! And then the fact that neither he nor Riku (or even Lea for that matter) had any bad blood between them is bizarre. Oh, but I guess it's ok since Nomura remembered that one little moment where Lexeaus clocked Roxas in the face (which wasn't even in the cutscene movie version) and decided to have some pay off for that instead.... Ugh.
Sometimes I wonder if that's what Nomura was even thinking about.

Oh I know WHY the moment of Lea talking about Ven exist, but the actual dialogue spoken feels incredibly off and forced. Almost as if Nomura just wanted to throw in a line about how "Hey, Lea does remember Ventus after all!" without actually caring enough to make sure it felt natural (and the randomness of the moment makes it seem HE just remembered their interaction, otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't have been placed in a scene where it's actually appropriate, ya know?). For example, what is it that prompts Lea to bring up the subject in the first place? Kairi talks about how Namine deserves to exist, but there's no segue, transition, or really any kind of prompting between that and Lea talking about Ventus, so it effectively comes out of nowhere. Second of all, why is Lea so concerned (seemingly even genuinely worried) about whether or not Ventus specifically remembers him? If you go back to the scene in which the two actually meet in BBS, it's heavily implied that Lea stops to become friends with random folks all the time (or at the very least all day), so what makes Ventus' acknowledgement so special?

"What is it with and picking up stray puppies?:cautious:"

"I want everyone I meet to remember me!😉"

Not one bit..
The bit was so random I forgot how random it was. Lea bringing up how he always wants everyone to remember him would have been a better way into segueing about Ven instead of...not segueing it at all. Like it turns out despite how much he wants others to remember him, he doesn't remember everyone he meets and this leads to him mentioning a kid he met once, but that he can't remember his name or face, which he feels bad about.

And again, so much negativity on KH3 ...
Hey, it's not like there isn't stuff we don't like about KH3.

It's just....there's a lot to be negative about.

And if on the topic, then I think that we will see Xehanort and Eragus, perhaps as a flashback, I hope for a separate game.
Nomura did want to go more into Xehanort's past, so I hope we get a prequel where he does just that.

Last edited:

Xagzan

Awards
Nomura did want to go more into Xehanort's past, so I hope we get a prequel where he does just that.

Don't we already know as much as we need to about it though? Was a kid on the island, time traveled, left the island, became a keyblade apprentice and friends with Eraqus, traveled the cosmos and became enamored with darkness and balance, time traveled again at some point for some reason but does it really matter why, spent the next 50 years playing some weird ass version of chess where you're just allowed to cheat apparently, then BBS.

What more do we need? Anything extra is time I'd rather be spent on other characters who need the fleshing out.

Terra's the only one I'd be ok with benching, always thought he was pretty dull and now his conflict is completely over.

Which means Nomura will probably give him his own spinoff trilogy

Back