• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revisiting History: The Keyblade War Part 2 (KHUX scenario event)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The Keyblade War scenario event continues with Episode 2! In these latest quests, Player learns of the text written on the lost page of the Book of Prophecies and has their final confrontation with the Dark Chirithy. 

Watch the scenes now! For Episode 1, view this article.

A few months later--

(Foretellers and the Keyblade wielders gather for war. The wielders raise their Keyblades and charge into battle.)

Player: I couldn't hear anything that was being said. I didn't know what was about to happen, what was about to unfold in front of us. The intensity in the air was overwhelming. Images and sounds were burned in my brain.

There was no time to stop and think about why we were fighting--
why our enemies were no longer monsters, but each other. Our friends.

But no matter how hopeless the situation, people will cling to the last shred of hope, the last piece of their dream, until the very end.

(Player sheds a tear and steels themselves.)

Player: It's not over. Not yet.

(They look up to see Aced approaching.)

A few days ago--

(Ava confronts Luxu.)

Ava: Tell me, what's written on that page?

Luxu, are you responsible for all of this? Are you...are you the traitor?

(Luxu summons his Keyblade, No Name. Meanwhile, Player and friends continue their meeting with Gula.)

Gula: "Imbalance observed, strength misplaced, a future filled with sorrow. Words of truth misunderstood as they explore the secret of tomorrow."

Skuld: What's that from?

Gula: The Lost Page.

Who could this be pointing to?

(Back with Luxu and Ava. Luxu tells Ava something that takes her aback.)

Ava: No...

Luxu: You asked for the truth, so there it is. Now that you know who the traitor is, can you accept it?

Ava: Th-that can't be true...

Luxu: Then follow your fate and fight. If there's another solution, it'll become apparent after the war is over.

Has it occurred to you that maybe the Master wasn't so concerned about the world's future...
...but how we, his disciples, would let our hearts guide us?

Ava: Are you saying his interest was in US all along? That's ridiculous! Luxu, you're interpreting the Master's words in your own way. This can't be what he wanted!

(Ava summons her Keyblade and raises it against Luxu.)

Skuld: Why are you telling us this?

Gula: The traitor is the catalyst for the events that leads to the world's end.

Skuld: What!?

Gula: I thought I knew who it was, but I couldn't stop them. And who knows? I could've been wrong.

Skuld: "Words of truth misunderstood as they explore the secret of tomorrow."

What could it mean?

Gula: There's more.

"With a single strike, toll the bells and herald the end...
...bringing war upon us, as fate did intend."

(Back to Ava and Luxu. Ava leaps at Luxu, who blocks her attack with his own Keyblade. The vibrations from their clash reverberate throughout Daybreak Town, causing the hands on the clock tower to move and the bell to toll, signalling the start of the war.)

(Back to Gula and co.)

Chirithy: Are you allowed to tell us about such a significant passage from the Book?

Gula: No. But does it even matter? Knowing what I told you won't change anything.

(They hear the bell toll.)

Gula: And there it is.

Skuld: The bells...

Gula: you should head back. Your Union leaders will probably call for an assembly.

(Player and Skuld leave the abandoned house.)

Skuld: I'm going to go join the other Dandelions. Won't you come with me?

(Player looks away.)

Skuld: I understand. But please, don't take part in the war. I want you to come with us to the world outside. Ephemer would want that too.

Skuld: Think about it.

(Player nods.)

Skuld: Thanks. I'll see you soon.

(They shake hands, and Skuld leaves.)

Chirithy: Are you sure?

(Player nods.)

Chirithy: Okay. Let's go home.

(Chirithy goes on ahead, but Player calls to him.)

Player: Chirithy.

Chirithy: What is it?

Player: What happens to you if I disappear?

Chirithy: ...

Player: You'd disappear too?

Chirithy: Mhm.

Player: Oh. What do you think I should do?

Chirithy: I don't want you to fight. I know the foretellers didn't intend for us to be friends, and it might be against the rules, but here we are. And as your friend, I don't want you to disappear.

(Player picks Chirithy up.)

Player: Thank you.

(Suddenly, a voice calls out.)

???: Oh? Not taking part in the fun?

Player and Chirithy: !

(They run in the direction of the voice to find the Nightmare Chirithy.)

Nightmare Chirithy: Are you gonna become a Dandelion and fly away?

Chirithy: Stop it. The Dandelions aren't running away.

Nightmare Chirithy: Right, they're keeping light alive by passing it down to future wielders. It sounds noble, but aren't they really just leaving their friends behind?

Player: Who are you?

Nightmare Chirithy: Before we get to that...

Did you know that with that bangle of yours, you've not only been collecting dark energy, but using it for your own needs?

Player: What?

Nightmare Chirithy: That bangle gave you strength. Didn't you ever wonder where that was coming from?

Chirithy: I don't believe you.

Nightmare Chirithy: Don't look so worried. Our Master wanted this, don't you know?

Chirithy: You're wrong. That bangle was meant to collect dark energy so it could be transformed into light.

Nightmare Chirithy: Then why am I here? Why do I exist? 

The Master knew all along what would happen.

Chirithy: ...

Nightmare Chirithy: Now, to answer your question from before.

I was born from your darkness. I belong to you.

Chirithy: That's not true!

Nightmare Chirithy: Why would I lie about this?

I suppose that unlike CHirithy there, I'm not always by your side, and I act of my own will. 

(Nightmare Chirithy calls Darklings to attack Player.)

Chirithy: What are you doing!?

Nightmare Chirithy: Since you're not participating in the war, I'll show you a dream you'll never forget. 

Chirithy: No!

(Player summons their Keyblade and prepares for battle.)

Chirithy: If you do belong to them, why are you doing this?

Nightmare Chirithy: Unlike you Spirits, we Nightmares exist to plant bad dreams. That's how we sever our bond and gain freedom.

Chirithy: Spirits? And Nightmares...?

(Player defeats the Darklings.)

Nightmare Chirithy: You've gotten stronger. I'm impressed. But that was just a warm-up.

(Nightmare Chirithy fuses with the Darklings and transforms into a ferocious monster. With much effort, Player manages to defeat him, reverting him back to his smaller form.)

Nightmare Chirithy: Our bond's been severed.

Chirithy: Will you disappear?

Nightmare Chirithy: For now. I'll see you in another dream.

Chirithy: Another dream?

(Nightmare Chirithy fades away.)

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nightmare Chirithy is a total pain. Lv 5,000 & can't use a bunch of my stronger medals. Been a while since I've last had to spam continues.

I dread what the actual final boss of UX will be if it has to top this.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
As predicted years ago Nightmare Chirithy's speech doesn't make much sense when referring to "Guilt" as "Special Attack Bonus" and now circumventing the whole deal altogether.

I wonder how many players will make the connection with the bangle they got in quest 35 at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As predicted years ago Nightmare Chirithy's speech doesn't make much sense when referring to "Guilt" as "Special Attack Bonus" and now circumventing the whole deal altogether.

I wonder how many players will make the connection with the bangle they got in quest 35 at all.

It definitely seemed odd how SENA was never too concerned when people brought this to their attention, although replacing everything with the usual generic words about darkness did well to cover up the plothole they created with Special Attack Bonus. Many people don't seem to realize this was established earlier in the game; they just see Nightmare Chirithy talking about how he tricked the Player into using darkness and go "yeah that sounds like something that would happen."

The localized script is really well done, but I can't help but wonder if this whole deal with "guilt" and "sin" will someday become a bigger plot point that they won't be able to get out of.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Disappointed SENA didn't go with this.
SpecialAttackBonus.png

The localized script is really well done, but I can't help but wonder if this whole deal with "guilt" and "sin" will someday become a bigger plot point that they won't be able to get out of.
Probably. I have a really hard time seeing this as a one-time thing.

Back