• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts characters will be at California Adventure's Oogie Boogie Bash

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For those who have gotten into the spooky season and booked tickets to the California Adventure Oogie Boogie Bash, you're in for a bone-chilling time as Kingdom Hearts characters will be at the park!

Information from a pamphlet reveals that "Friends from Kingdom Hearts" will be around the Grizzly Falls area inside of Grizzly Peak. Details on when they will be there or which characters exactly is still sparse unfortunately, but it's always exciting with Disneyland showcases anything Kingdom Hearts!

This isn't the first time that Kingdom Hearts characters have been shown off around Disneyland. You can review the history of the character costumes for Sora, Donald, and Goofy in this wonderful video made by our good friend, Disney Dan!

Image from @Mrs.DisNerd

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If they intend to stick closely with the theme, my best guess for which characters will be present is (primarily) SDG, since those three have proper designs based on Holloween Town made for them already.

That said, it'd be awesome if we got some brand new Holloween designs for the rest of the main cast debuted in celebration for the event, though that's obviously next to impossible to happen. Aw, but now I can't get my mind off it! 😣

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Oh you have GOT to be kidding me.

I have literally, not even joking, just gotten back home in Tokyo off my flight from Los Angeles. I went to the parks for my friend's wedding and I WAS JUST THERE.

I...

I think I'm gonna go cry now.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMFG!!!! WHY DO THEY DO THIS WHEN I'M NOT THERE!?

I feel like they may go with the Pirates themed outfits from KH3.

Neo_

Awards
Not surprised they're not dragging the old Sora costume out, but as Raz said, a bit surprised they're not making him a face character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not surprised they're not dragging the old Sora costume out, but as Raz said, a bit surprised they're not making him a face character.

I mean...I wouldn’t be shocked if they have workshopped/were workshopping a face character Sora. It’s difficult because Nomura is a lot more protective of Sora’s use.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Mega bummer it's just the old Donald and Goofy costumes. Was hoping that given the theme it would have been their Halloween Town forms. :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I remember hearing that Nomura actually isn't very fond of cosplayers. I guess that's not too surprising since he's the type of creative who has a very specific idea of how his characters should look (like how Stella's model changed in every Versus trailer until he was finally satisfied). Any attempts to get a face character of one of the originals would probably be met with some difficulty.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I remember hearing that Nomura actually isn't very fond of cosplayers. I guess that's not too surprising since he's the type of creative who has a very specific idea of how his characters should look (like how Stella's model changed in every Versus trailer until he was finally satisfied). Any attempts to get a face character of one of the originals would probably be met with some difficulty.
Funny that Nomura dislikes cosplayers when dressing up as a character from a series is one of the best ways to show love and support towards it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Funny that Nomura dislikes cosplayers when dressing up as a character from a series is one of the best ways to show love and support towards it.

You’d think It would be fine...but I get why he dislikes them. I personally love cosplayers and what they do because they love their craft and are so talented and beautiful and imaginative.

At the same time, I can understand that to some people it is a weird hobby that can look awkward and downright bad in the worst case scenario. People might also think that cosplayers are awkward or childish.

And then we have people who are like Nomura who are very picky about the depiction of characters. For Nomura who designs these characters, he probably feels uncomfortable and awkward at seeing people dressed up and probably criticizes it all as an artist. Oh well. 😔

I think it is enough that the fans enjoy cosplaying and seeing others in cosplay. Nomura’s validation is unnecessary when everybody is only looking to have fun and share in the experience of loving Kingdom Hearts in their own way.

Which leads to this statement:

Disney should make a face character of Sora even if it pisses Nomura off because it would make fans happy and get them excited enough to rush to Disneyland and also expose children and parents to KH and eventually help bring more KH to the theme parks.

Neo_

Awards
I think the best way Disney parks could pay homage to KH is with a small Traverse/Twilight Town district at Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney); imagine the Traverse Town theme playing over the speakers, the bistro to eat at, a couple shops, a postbox, etc. The Gizmo Shop could be a candy store or something. I have a personal bias toward Traverse Town (cause it's better lol), but there is so much unbelievable potential; you can't go wrong with either. Meet and greets with Huey, Dewey, Louie, Merlin, Scrooge (all rare/uncommon characters), Geppetto & Pinocchio (their house could be a meet and greet/workshop thing), SD&G, Riku, Kairi and Jiminy. There could even be a replication of the Dalmatians' house, along with The Mad Hatter clothes shop... all this is the best way to represent KH in the parks and have it still be normal with Disney charm.

Mega bummer it's just the old Donald and Goofy costumes. Was hoping that given the theme it would have been their Halloween Town forms. :(
True, but those are so rare in and of themselves... I heard they only appeared at one Halloween event in the early 2000s and then again recently at a KH event.

That's the tricky thing about Disney face characters: when you see a costumed character you know it's automatically official Disney, but a really good person could just sneak into the bathroom and put on a Cinderella costume. 😆

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's the tricky thing about Disney face characters: when you see a costumed character you know it's automatically official Disney, but a really good person could just sneak into the bathroom and put on a Cinderella costume. 😆

That's why Disney has extremely strict rules about dressing up in their parks. Anyone older than 14 aren't allowed to wear costumes inside the parks unless it's for a special event (like the Halloween party) because they might be mistaken for official cast members, which is both a huge liability and a danger to other guests.

Back