• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Since xigbar is luxu, Does this change the opening of bbs 0.2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
The part where luxu stares at kingdom hearts being summoned could have taken place during bbs.

Luxu did said he was playing the fool, maybe he wanted to look afar after fighting aqua.

What do you guy's think?

Perkilator

Awards
You know, I was gonna say no, but now that you mention it...

Aaand I just remembered why: what @Sign said below me.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No Name is in Xehanort's possession during BBS though.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well, the scene probably does take place during BBS, since those rock formations beneath Kingdom Hearts were done by Xehanort at the start of his battle with TAV. It taking place during BBS would also shed light on why they had that scene shown during the beginning of 0.2 (a direct continuation of BBS) rather than somewhere more appropriate.

Based on the way the clouds are moving, I'd say it likely takes place immediately after Lingering Will beats Terranort, as No Name is not seen anywhere in that cutscene.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So he wore a black cloak and temporarily reclaimed No Name for that one exact moment? Seems like a bit of a stretch
They make it a point to show the Gazing Eye observing the battlefield during that shot though. It's consistent with his role of making sure the Master's eye sees everything. I.e. when Terranort wasn't holding it anymore, Luxu summoned it and made sure it continued to see the aftermath. You don't think that's enough motivation for him to go out of his way to do that? I mean, this is the guy that body hopped for centuries just to carry out his mission. He also would've logically worn the cloak so no one would see "Braig" with No Name if he was ever spotted.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really like this, but wouldn't it nullify Xigbar's line, "finally, back where it belongs"? That line and the way he looks at the keyblade to me implies he had not held No Name since the first time he passed it on.
That was my interpretation and belief, and why I too believe the 0.2 scene has to be tied to back cover.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I really like this, but wouldn't it nullify Xigbar's line, "finally, back where it belongs"? That line and the way he looks at the keyblade to me implies he had not held No Name since the first time he passed it on.
Yeah, that's the vibe I got from the line too, but how else do you explain the identical rock formations to the ones in BBS? Why show in the beginning of 0.2 of all places? It lacks any connection to that particular game or any of the characters involved. Why not just show it in Back Cover? Or heck, KH3 itself would've been more appropriate.

That's honestly the thing that makes me doubt the scene takes place in time period so far removed from the events of the actual game it's in. Just... From a storytelling perspective, it makes no sense. There HAS to be a reason, and I'm not seeing anyone give any. It makes much more sense narratively for it to be a moment that subtly connects BBS & 0.2 to Back Cover. Like the line "may our hearts be our guiding key", for example, was subtle, flowed well, and felt appropriate to the story and themes of that game.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, that's the vibe I got from the line too, but how else do you explain the identical rock formations to the ones in BBS? Why show in the beginning of 0.2 of all places? It lacks any connection to that particular game or any of the characters involved. Why not just show it in Back Cover? Or heck, KH3 itself would've been more appropriate.

That's honestly the thing that makes me doubt the scene takes place in time period so far removed from the events of the actual game it's in. Just... From a storytelling perspective, it makes no sense. There HAS to be a reason, and I'm not seeing anyone give any.

Well keep in mind that 0.2 was the original opening for KH3. When you watch it with that in mind, it makes absolute perfect sense why that scene was the opening. It was meant to be paired with the Epilogue.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well keep in mind that 0.2 was the original opening for KH3. When you watch it with that in mind, it makes absolute perfect sense why that scene was the opening. It was meant to be paired with the Epilogue.
I suppose. Still, it wouldn't have been hard to cut it out and put it at the start of KH3 proper where it would've had more value. Very strong point though.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The journal entry in 0.2 also describes the scene as the end of the first Keyblade War if I remember correctly
There's a journal in 0.2? Interesting... This is actually the first I'm hearing of it. Could anybody link a source? I'd like to read it for myself ^^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's a journal in 0.2? Interesting... This is actually the first I'm hearing of it. Could anybody link a source? I'd like to read it for myself ^^
It's not so much a journal as it is a story recap (but still accessed from the pause menu). Still, it mentions the world coming to an end with Kingdom Hearts enveloping everything, which really has only happened in KHx.

EEx6uiTVAAE0VVO

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It's not so much a journal as it is a story recap (but still accessed from the pause menu). Still, it mentions the world coming to an end with Kingdom Hearts enveloping everything, which really has only happened in KHx.

EEx6uiTVAAE0VVO
Thanks, much appreciated.

I suppose that settles it then. Still think the placement could've been better (though I'm now inclined to believe Oracle was right on the money), but all in all, I really don't have much to say.

Back