• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

drew0512

Awards
Omfg. That was an awesome trailer, I don't even know what to say. I'm just happy that they're keeping the goofiness the original game had.

Nukara

Awards
I think it was a new VA. That definitely wasn't Quinton
I don’t understand the decision of the English localizers to change all the voice actors. Damn, now I’m definitely afraid for the English version of KH, can they really change all the voice actors there? Who will now voice Cloud in new games including KH? (If he appears there)
The "old" VA Kairi was replaced.
Although there seemed to be reasons ...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t understand the decision of the English localizers to change all the voice actors. Damn, now I’m definitely afraid for the English version of KH, can they really change all the voice actors there? Who will now voice Cloud in new games including KH? (If he appears there)

They’re keeping the “original” voice actors for projects like Dissidia, KH, and WoFF. This new cast is only for the remake series to give the characters a fresh sound. Unpopular opinion, but the project will be better off because of it.

Nukara

Awards
They’re keeping the “original” voice actors for projects like Dissidia, KH, and WoFF. This new cast is only for the remake series to give the characters a fresh sound. Unpopular opinion, but the project will be better off because of it.
Is it officially confirmed?
Then it is strange that in the Japanese version the old lineup remains.
Also, I am interested in using the bulletin of FF new projects to use character models from Remake or from the original Final Fantasy 7 as the basis?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
How fresh is it really when the new guy doing Sephiroth just sounds like George Newbern minus the sultriness? Or how Cody Christian sounds like Steve Burton?

This was solely done as a way to make it more mainstream by attracting the fans of these actors. Will it actually work? Hard to tell when this will sell big simply on the fact of what it is.

Nukara

Awards
By the way, due to the fact that the characters have new clothes and voices. It turns out that FF7 remake an alternative reality in relation to the original FF and its compilation ?

U.N. Owen

Awards
How fresh is it really when the new guy doing Sephiroth just sounds like George Newbern minus the sultriness? Or how Cody Christian sounds like Steve Burton?

I personally will never understand why people recast and have them imitate the old VA when the old VA is perfectly viable. It makes sense if you try to get a sound-a-like when the old VA has passed or has aged out of the role in the case of many, many kid voice actors.

Nukara

Awards
Although Reno from the FFR hot version, the version from the original (Advent children) is still to my liking. Reno's face is much prettier there, to me alone does Reno from FFR seem a little strange?1568229783.jpg1568229778.jpg1568229774.jpg

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

This was solely done as a way to make it more mainstream by attracting the fans of these actors. Will it actually work? Hard to tell when this will sell big simply on the fact of what it is.

Are you sure because I’ve never heard of any of these actors before except for Tyler and he’s not really a big name? If that was their reasoning, why not cast actors with actual name recognition? Like you said, they don’t need to worry about name recognition since this game will sell big regardless.

We haven’t really heard many substantial lines from any of these actors, so I don’t think it’s fair to assume they’re just imitating the old actors. Most of these lesser known actors are probably overjoyed that they get to be a a part of such a huge project and they want to do their best whereas the older actors stand a higher chance of phoning it in since they’ve been there/done that already. The torch has to be passed eventually and this seems like the best time to do it.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Made by the same company with the same engine for the same platform... and there's absolutely no way this game isn't having much more care and dedication from them than what KH3 got.

As a fan who wanted KH3 to be the best game it could, I'm left speechless looking to this last trailer. We deserved more.

This game is about to overshadow everything they did in the last years.

drew0512

Awards
Made by the same company with the same engine for the same platform... and there's absolutely no way this game isn't having much more care and dedication from them than what KH3 got.

As a fan who wanted KH3 to be the best game it could, I'm left speechless looking to this last trailer. We deserved more.

This game is about to overshadow everything they did in the last years.
KH3's visuals are top notch, you can't really say it was a sloppy work in comparison.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Would you mind sharing why you think the FF7R project is better off with a newer cast of VA's? I'm honestly curious. In my case, I'm indifferent. It's SE's property, so they can do whatever they want with it.

Nukara

Awards
Yes. Tifa was added to Dissidia relatively recently and had her old voice actor attached.

Well, what if old VA just ended their roles? I'm talking about new projects that will be released by FFR, where is the guarantee that the old VAs will return there?
On twitter, some people have a panic about this.

Back