• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Have you tried using an Everstone or not catching them?
They horribly disfigured Weezing! I felt safe when Weezing didn't get a mega/alolan form, but now it got something horrific. If they were ever going to do something with Weezing, it should have gotten another evolution that was Poison/Fire... but even then, with recent designs I feared for that possibility. When I saw the trailer, I thought it was a way to dress-up Pokemon, but it's just my worst fear becoming a reality.

This is almost as bad as Koffing/Weezing not being able to learn Poison Gas!

Soldier

Awards
They horribly disfigured Weezing! I felt safe when Weezing didn't get a mega/alolan form, but now it got something horrific. If they were ever going to do something with Weezing, it should have gotten another evolution that was Poison/Fire... but even then, with recent designs I feared for that possibility. When I saw the trailer, I thought it was a way to dress-up Pokemon, but it's just my worst fear becoming a reality.

This is almost as bad as Koffing/Weezing not being able to learn Poison Gas!
I think you might be overreacting a bit fears, Yes Weezing looks strange, especially with the slime forming a beard on it's face but think of it this way. Weezing's galarian form is the first Poison/fairy type in existence, and while that gives it a weakness to steel types (which it already had to contend with considering it can't poison them) it gains the ability to blow away fighting and dark types with a STAB moonblast. I've personally always wanted the swinub line to get a regional variant because their defenses are so lacking, but if it doesn't happen in galar, then it won't ever happen.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Weezing was already a downgrade from Koffing. From perpetual jolliness to looking like he's in eternal pain from the tumor growing out of his head.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think you might be overreacting a bit fears, Yes Weezing looks strange, especially with the slime forming a beard on it's face but think of it this way. Weezing's galarian form is the first Poison/fairy type in existence, and while that gives it a weakness to steel types (which it already had to contend with considering it can't poison them) it gains the ability to blow away fighting and dark types with a STAB moonblast. I've personally always wanted the swinub line to get a regional variant because their defenses are so lacking, but if it doesn't happen in galar, then it won't ever happen.
I don't care about typing, let alone the Fairy type specifically. It would have been better if it was Poison/Dark so that it could resist Psychic types. Either way, I just do not like the designs of the regional variants and Weezing's own is horrible.

Soldier

Awards
I don't care about typing, let alone the Fairy type specifically. It would have been better if it was Poison/Dark so that it could resist Psychic types. Either way, I just do not like the designs of the regional variants and Weezing's own is horrible.
Eh, to each his own, ironically if it gets poison/dark it gains a weakness to fairy, which it already resisted. We're a long way from having pokemon that resist all types, unless you count burn up.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Eh, to each his own, ironically if it gets poison/dark it gains a weakness to fairy, which it already resisted. We're a long way from having pokemon that resist all types, unless you count burn up.
Actually Fairy would be neautral to Poison/Dark since pure Poison resists that type.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly I don't care about the typing (well once it kept Poison). What I care about is the design being horrendous. Koffing and Weezing's designs are amazing and to see that monstrosity is heart breaking.

Perkilator

Awards

Nee trailer which details Weezing having an ability that neutralizes all other abilities, and Corviknight having a hidden ability that reflects anything that would otherwise lower its stats.

Soldier

Awards
So Weezing gets its own version of mold breaker? I have a feeling it should've just gotten that to begin with.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
-Neutralizing Gas means party pokemon with a negative ability like Slaking or Regigigas become a lot more powerful because their setbacks are negated. Mold Breaker doesn't do that.

-Dynamaxing doesn't require a held item as suspected. Other held items can be used with it.

-Ejector Pack means self-inflicted stat drops like Draco Meteor or Overheat are negated (albeit with a forced switch).

If I can't bring in my old team, at least ideas for a new one are starting to form.

EDIT: main site details online modes

Last edited:

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Honestly I don't care about the typing (well once it kept Poison). What I care about is the design being horrendous. Koffing and Weezing's designs are amazing and to see that monstrosity is heart breaking.

This is a great example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't." While you were reviled by this form, I was incredibly excited about it lol. The fact that they gave Weezing this change (dare I say... upgrade?) made me excited for this game. The design is dope, love the typing, and I'm pumped that Galar has forms like Alola.

On a separate but related note- it's super exciting that they're giving evolutions to old Pokemon. If you mentioned a year ago that I would be excited for a LINOONE evolution, I'd say you're insane.

EBXplZJW4AIgKyc.jpeg

-Neutralizing Gas means party pokemon with a negative ability like Slaking or Regigigas become a lot more powerful because their setbacks are negated. Mold Breaker doesn't do that.

-Dynamaxing doesn't require a held item as suspected. Other held items can be used with it.

-Ejector Pack means self-inflicted stat drops like Draco Meteor or Overheat are negated (albeit with a forced switch).

If I can't bring in my old team, at least ideas for a new one are starting to form.

EDIT: main site details online modes

The new competitive news is promising. There's already a lot of potential just with what they've revealed at World's- and I'm starting to change my tune again. National Dex thing is still a bummer, but they've at least walked me off the metaphorical ledge.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I’m more looking forward to a gacha game than a Pokémon home console game.

Pokémon Masters can’t come soon enough.

Soldier

Awards
Well, at the very least they're giving out new evolutions again, unlike the last time in gen 6 where a whopping 1 pokemon got a new one. And to all those farfetch'd fans, don't hold your breath on it getting a new form or evolution, that ship has sailed the moment it was released in gen 1. The entire point of the wood duck is a reference to a japanese saying "a duck comes bearing green onions" meaning something unexpected, but useful.

Soldier

Awards
Alright, this probably doesn't mean anything to anyone on here anymore, but i'm saying it anyways. Ash is going to lose the Alola league AGAIN. I'm calling it now because look at what he has to work with,
A Rowlett that falls asleep at inappropriate moments
A meltan that barely knows any moves
A Torracat that is nowhere near the levels of what past fire starters were capable of
And a Pikachu that can sling webs now.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My first 5 Star trainer(besides Rosa) was Karen! While it’s not canon, the game gives a lot of extra information about the characters. For example, Whitney’s Miltank was given to her by a ranch owner, probably the same one by Ollivine City.

Back