• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just want to note that the way SE markets KH is not the same as how they marketed FFXV. Comparisons can’t really be drawn between the two.
It'd be a dream if SE treated KH at the same level as FFXV xD

But honestly, FFXV had a lot to prove, and the Lumimous Engine team knew they had a lot to prove (and had the DLC qualifications chosen provided before launch) but Kingdom Hearts has had this known for over a decade now.

Honestly, we need to look at the Final Mixes and be THANKFUL that we aren't stuck in that time period. I feel that new members don't realise that us long term fans had to wait over a decade to get additional material for the game. Three months since E3 is nothing compared since the 12 years since KHII.5 and longer since KH1.5

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
There's also the possibility of Sony releasing a new trailer during their exhibition (if there's one), and Square will just drop it online.

Worst case scenario we will only get a new trailer at Jump Festa (December). Surely we can wait a few more months, right guys?! RIGHT??!

2 quid is good

Awards

But honestly, FFXV had a lot to prove, and the Lumimous Engine team knew they had a lot to prove (and had the DLC qualifications chosen provided before launch) but Kingdom Hearts has had this known for over a decade now.

Honestly, we need to look at the Final Mixes and be THANKFUL that we aren't stuck in that time period. I feel that new members don't realise that us long term fans had to wait over a decade to get additional material for the game. Three months since E3 is nothing compared since the 12 years since KHII.5 and longer since KH1.5
Europe waited til 2013 for Re:Com and it was mediocre at best, I still cri

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

They've been releasing new Foreteller medals during JP's anniversary for the past few years, and while their poses are new, UX often reposes the models for use in their medals. The first Foreteller medals were in the same boat. It's very possible they are in ReMind, but this isn't really an indication of it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They've been releasing new Foreteller medals during JP's anniversary for the past few years, and while their poses are new, UX often reposes the models for use in their medals. The first Foreteller medals were in the same boat. It's very possible they are in ReMind, but this isn't really an indication of it.
Yep. Remember they have the pre-existing models. It's just a matter of what I think is a couple of minutes.

But like Sign said, yeah, they'll be in the DLC. ReMIND will most certainly be a bridge between the Xehanort and Foretellers Sagas.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I just want to note that the way SE markets KH is not the same as how they marketed FFXV. Comparisons can’t really be drawn between the two.

Yeah, even if we don't look at XV's history in itself, Final Fantasy is a legendary brand that's been around for decades. Even though people might've thought FFXIII was poo-poo, there's always going to be a crowd to form just on that alone. Kingdom Hearts is just getting mainstream recognition and isn't the most accessible series to jump into. They're both different beasts and can't be marketed the same. Fanbases overlap, but it's apples and oranges.

All things considered, it's a miracle FFXV even came out the way that it did. It's not the perfect game, and years from now, it's probably going to be the most interesting game in discussions development-wise, but really and truly? That game could've ended up way worse.

That's why when I see fans crying about the wait for Final Mixes, I can tell that more often than not, they're newer fans. And there's nothing wrong with that, not trying to be the OG fan elitist. But, they'll come to that realization very soon because once KH3's DLC drops, it's gonna be a few more years until the next big title drops. And I really wouldn't want them to milk Union X until then, unless they do a console version similar to FFXIV and let fans feast on that for a while.

Back in the day, you had to actually BUY the KH2FM+ game in order to play, as well as a Swap Magic package for PS2 or had your console modded. PS2 Emulation back then wasn't anywhere near as functional as it is today, so it was either that or you buy a Japanese PS2. Same with BBS Final Mix, cause I don't think we ended up getting that one either until the ReMIXes. New fans are lucky. I still remember the drought between DDD (original 3DS release) and 0.2/KH Chi/Unchained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back