• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why has Sora's hair changed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Stupid question, but did Sora change his hair with magic or did it himself with scissors?
Is the magic of three good fairies connected with this?

Awards
It's not a stupid question. I think it's actually a good question. Although, I don't really know the answer myself either. If I were to guess, it mostly would have to do with the magic of the three good fairies. Or, it might simply just be a difference in design on the development team's part. Still, it's intriguing to think about.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Do you mean from his KH2 hair to his KH3 hairstyle?

I think he may of just decided to try a different hairstyle along with his new clothes. He probably messed with his hair a bit in Yen Sid's changing room before heading to Twilight Town

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would imagine that he probably just felt it was time for a change since he was also getting a new outfit.

I can’t imagine there was much else behind it besides that if we wanted to give reason to it in the canon.

And to be fair, he got to see Riku and Mickey in their new threads and Riku also had his magical Heartless/Replica Riku/Darkness hairdo and we all know Sora always tries to keep up with his boyfri—best friend.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
He probably cut it cause he saw Riku's was cut, lol.

Though it's never actually explained of course. Several things in this game aren't. Actually come to think of it, Kairi randomly cut her hair too, and she didn't even see Sora or Riku, soo... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does it matter why Sora changed his hair? I don't think everything in KH needs an explanation. But I guess someday there will be an Ultimania interview that explains this instead of where Kairi's keyblade came from lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Does it matter why Sora changed his hair? I don't think everything in KH needs an explanation. But I guess someday there will be an Ultimania interview that explains this instead of where Kairi's keyblade came from lol.
While not important in the grand scheme of things it is fun to think about. Since it will likely never be addressed in the series proper at least we have our head cannons

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if Sora ever wonders why don't Donald and Goofy ever grow.

SomeKHFan

Awards
It would have been funny if the three fairies were using their magic on Sora's hair like they did with his clothes in KH2.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would have been funny if the three fairies were using their magic on Sora's hair like they did with his clothes in KH2.

I would have loved to have a scene like that! Sora with bows, Sora with a mohawk, Sora with Descendants-level crazy purple/blue/green hair, Sora with a little baby ponytail pulling his bangs up, Sora with some iconic Princess hairstyle, Sora with an iconic FF character hairstyle, and then he gets mad because his hair is his hair and he says “just take a little off of the sides and top?” And then bam, KH3 Sora hairdo~

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would have loved to have a scene like that! Sora with bows, Sora with a mohawk, Sora with Descendants-level crazy purple/blue/green hair, Sora with a little baby ponytail pulling his bangs up, Sora with some iconic Princess hairstyle, Sora with an iconic FF character hairstyle, and then he gets mad because his hair is his hair and he says “just take a little off of the sides and top?” And then bam, KH3 Sora hairdo~
Or if after all of that he said he wanted something like Riku :devilish:

Platinum End

There was an article about Nomura talking about Sora's hair along the lines of he didn't he want his hair to get to spiky as like in KH1 and KH2. As for how he changed his hair in-game, that's a toss up as to how that happened.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There was an article about Nomura talking about Sora's hair along the lines of he didn't he want his hair to get to spiky as like in KH1 and KH2. As for how he changed his hair in-game, that's a toss up as to how that happened.

Oh we all know about Nomura’s reasons. This is about the in-universe reason for the fun of thinking about it

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
He probably cut it cause he saw Riku's was cut, lol.

As funny as this is, this is probably the legitimate reason for why he did it. He was kinda being pouty when he saw Mickey and Riku get new clothes (although I get it lmao), so his hair I could see being the same kind of deal.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
As funny as this is, this is probably the legitimate reason for why he did it. He was kinda being pouty when he saw Mickey and Riku get new clothes (although I get it lmao), so his hair I could see being the same kind of deal.
True, true. I forgot about that. Honestly, I'm shocked he hasn't complained yet about having the same Keyblade every game at this point, lol.

Thinking about it again, that scene had me legitimately questioning Sora's humbleness. For real, where did that even come from? Donald and Goofy have had the same outfits for the whole series while Sora's gone through three costume changes, yet he doesn't see them complain. Not to mention how he was the only one to get the magical, power enhancing garbs in KH2 (and KH3), while everyone else got zip. Makes me wonder if failing his Mark of Mastery really did sting more than he let on (especially since, unlike what was said in pre game interviews, Sora didn't even become a Master in KH3).

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
True, true. I forgot about that. Honestly, I'm shocked he hasn't complained yet about having the same Keyblade every game at this point, lol.

Thinking about it again, that scene had me legitimately questioning Sora's humbleness. For real, where did that even come from? Donald and Goofy have had the same outfits for the whole series while Sora's gone through three costume changes, yet he doesn't see them complain. Not to mention how he was the only one to get the magical, power enhancing garbs in KH2 (and KH3), while everyone else got zip. Makes me wonder if failing his Mark of Mastery really did sting more than he let on (especially since, unlike what was said in pre game interviews, Sora didn't even become a Master in KH3).

I think it did sting more than he lets on, because when Yen Sid tells him that he failed, he looks sad and then you see him bring back the old Sora charm. But as we know in KH3, we do see him get annoyed and frustrated at his lack of strength. He probably didn't stay like that outwardly because he didn't want to be a jerk and take away Riku's moment to shine -- One that Riku honestly deserves to have.

Actually, KH3 is a pretty big example of Sora actually being quite a cocky kid. It's not until things really go dark for him is when you see him really questioning his own strength, but 9 times out of 10, you never really see him worrying about anything he has to accomplish. In fact, I'd argue that Sora's current fate right now is directly due to him being cocky.

That's why I can see why Yen Sid didn't just toss him the Master title and called it a day. Sure, Sora has the firepower and battle experience to be a Master, but he really lacks the maturity. If strength was all that mattered, we wouldn't have had BBS -- a story about a young guy who wanted more power because he was led to believe by his own misguided teacher that darkness = weakness... And ends up being manipulated for it. I don't think Sora would make the same mistake, but, he's too brash. That's why I hope with this next saga, we see him be more humble and mature a ton. I think it's time.

Back