• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rutger Hauer, voice of Master Xehanort, dies at 75

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Rutger Hauer, the voice of Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts 3, passsed away on July 19th at the age of 75.

Hauer was a versatile actor, known for being able to go from playing a suave romantic lead to a calculating villain with astounding ease. He was best known for his role as Roy Batty in Ridley Scott's 1982 cult classic film "Blade Runner", but has appeared in numerous films throughout the years including "Batman Begins" and "Sin City".

Hauer served in the Royal Netherlands Army as a combat medic. Hauer made his acting debut in the 1969 television series "Floris". Hauer received a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Television Film for his performance in "Escape From Sobibor" (1987) and was nominated for a Golden Globe for "Fatherland" (1994).

Hauer was environmentalist and social activist, having founded the Rutger Hauer Starfish Association, an AIDS awareness organization.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
R.I.P. Even if his performance as Master Xehanort wasn't the same as Leonard's I appreciate that he did his best and gave it his all

Odinfrost

Awards
While not a Leonard Nimoy, I think he did a great job for Xehanort. Something about the less raspy voice and slightly higher pitched voice still worked for the character. Aside from that one awkward line during the final battle, I would say that he did a fantastic job.
Rest in Peace, Rutger Hauer, knowing you did an amazing job with the only reason that people think you not as good is because you had to compete with a Nimoy voice which we had grown accustomed to.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
He Died. I can't believe that we lost another Xehanort.

While he might not top Leonard Nimoy, I really appreciate Hauer's take as Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts III and gave it his all.

RIP Rutger.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Aw man, seriously? That's a bummer. I mean, like everybody's been saying he was no Leonard Nimoy, but you could tell he was having fun with the role and put his best effort into it. Also, I know that the Dark Seeker Saga is over, but now I really hope Nomura has no plans of using Master Xehanort in any future iterations.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
RIP. I didn't mind his Master Xehanort voice. I actually really liked his battle quotes in KHIII. Such sad news. Another Xehanort gone :(

disney233

Awards
This....just hasn't been a good year(s)for Xehanort's voice. May Hauer rest in peace. Though he was lackluster on some parts, I honestly loved his performance. I really did.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely dreadful news. May he rest in peace and I hope his family find comfort in this distressing time.

blank points

Awards
And to think I only just watched Blade Runner this past June, and have it become one of my favorite movies. He was an incredible actor. Won't be another like him.

Soldier

Awards
Rest in Peace Rutger Hauer, you ended the Xehanort saga that we've been waiting for a conclusion to for 13 years after KH2 released. You had big shoes to fill having to take over for Nimoy, but honestly you did a good job.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Wow. What a horrible thing to lose a third voice of Master Xehanort. Still, there’s something poetic to be said that he died months after KH3, in which his character passed the torch of Kingdom Hearts to Sora, and peacefully left for the next life. Just like he took the torch from Leonard.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Rest in Peace Ruger Hauer. I appreciate your contributions to Kingdom Hearts and loved your interpretation of Xehanort.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Extremely sad news. There were many of his lines that have stuck with me since I completed the game around release.

"You thought you could contain me here, knowing all that you do about connections?"

"You forget I plan for every eventuality."

"Just let it end, boy."

An iconic actor and performer. Rest easy.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
For fuck's sake, the role isn't 'cursed'. Xehanort is portrayed as an extremely old man, to the point of having veins popping out of his old ass head. They're not getting young people to voice the character. They're not hiring young actors to do 'old man' impressions. They hired elderly men to appropriately play the character. Illness in elderly people can be more fatal.

This 'cursed role' shit was tired before it even started. It's a human being's life, not fodder for dumb little anecdotes like that

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
RIP. Man, seeing death for the past few days just isn't helping me whatsoever. May he rest in peace.

Back