• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

would you replace maleficent for Jafar or hades as the main disney villain or just keep her?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, it would have to be outside of the context of Olympus -- make him give up on Herc for a while and set his sights exclusively on the Keyblade wielders.
Maybe even Maleficent/Pete because they brought heartless to Olympus which in turn brought Sora.
It still made this scene feel "forced" regardless of it if you ask me, even after the release of the first KH game. :/
I mean out of the available Disney characters in the worlds in KH1, the only ones who I think wouldn't sound forced discussing past keyblade wielders and/or the myth of the keyblade would be Hercules, King Triton, Genie, Peter Pan, and Merlin.

Imagine how out of place it would be if Clayton talked about keyblade wielders bringing ruin upon the worlds.

disney233

Awards
Maybe even Maleficent/Pete because they brought heartless to Olympus which in turn brought Sora.

I mean out of the available Disney characters in the worlds in KH1, the only ones who I think wouldn't sound forced discussing past keyblade wielders and/or the myth of the keyblade would be Hercules, King Triton, Genie, Peter Pan, and Merlin.

Imagine how out of place it would be if Clayton talked about keyblade wielders bringing ruin upon the worlds.
Exactly my point. I'm not talking about some random Disney characters...like say Cogsworth, or Clayton, or Alice spouting Keyblade nonsense. They're the ones that would have the least idea as to what a Keyblade is. But out of the list you've given dieties and magical figures who KNOW of outside their world and lived long enough to know of the AoFT. Also, I'd honestly put Cheshire Cat on the list. There's...really no pinpoint to what he knows and doesn't know. It adds that mystery to him. I'd also like to point out the idea of rulers like the Sultan (assuming the damn dude would ever make his appearance in KH), Triton, and Jack knowing about the outside world for trade and discoveries to better their Kingdom. I'd honestly wouldn't put it past travel since that's what Jack did in Oogie's Revenge. Traveling to the 6 other holiday worlds in search of new quote "new scares, new ideas, new discoveries" that would better fit both his interests and his town's interest.

Nowwwwwwww....Clayton observing Sora's keyblade, and trying to take it from Sora to try to sell it away, like he tried to sell the gorillas away in the movie wouldn't be sooo out of place.

Awards
I think people are interpreting this thread too subjectively.

Objectively, she is the best villain for the role because she is the only one looking beyond her own story. Granted, her world was destroyed (I think? I've only seen it in khux) so she didn't have anything else to focus on. Hades and Jafar only cared about stuff to advance their own agendas.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Not really for King Triton, besides aren't the VAST majority of the Disney worlds don't know about the existence of other worlds and the Keyblade War.

Which I'm going to say it again, it just made King Triton's knowledge of the Keyblade "forced" regardless of it, even after the release of the first KH game, which baffles why the Development team didn't even bother putting Atlantica in Birth by Sleep and/or X/Union X. :/

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not really for King Triton, besides aren't the VAST majority of the Disney worlds don't know about the existence of other worlds and the Keyblade War.

Which I'm going to say it again, it just made King Triton's knowledge of the Keyblade "forced" regardless of it, even after the release of the first KH game, which baffles why the Development team didn't even bother putting Atlantica in Birth by Sleep and/or X/Union X. :/
The vast majority of the population of the Disney worlds don't know about the existence of other worlds. The same way that Mickey visited Ansem The Wise in Radiant Garden, someone could have done that for King Triton. Someone could have attacked Atlantica in the past with a keyblade. We don't know. Clearly something happened that made him weary of Sora and his keyblade.

Beast, Belle, Jasmine (her own father the Sultan -- if he was ever shown -- probably doesn't know other worlds exists), Aladdin, Genie, Mushu, King Triton, Ariel, Jack Skellington, Sandy Klawz, Simba, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Alice, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Minnie, Daisy, Bambi, Dumbo, Chicken Little, and Stitch know that other worlds exist. Just because they know other worlds exist doesn't mean that they're going to announce it to everyone in their world. Jasmine didn't even bring it up (or the events of KH1 outside of Agrabah) in KH2. Mushu didn't tell Mulan where he fought alongside Sora. Simba doesn't even seem to care to remember in KH2. Neither do Beast or Belle.

The development team don't have to show a world in the past and explain how a certain character knows something, especially something that can be explained away in one line. If they ever go back to Atlantica and want to expand on it, Triton can simply say "a keyblade wielder visited Atlantica once and I had to stop him from destroying the world". Maybe they can even have the keyblade wielder be a land dweller that dove down into Atlantica, which would explain his hatred for land dwellers (maybe even make it the MoM).

Back