• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Love to the Osaka staff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just want to make a completely random and highly unmotivated by anything statement that the Osaka staff are wonderful and talented and deserve more praise than they get. Thank you to Tai Yasue and all of the development staff for putting in so much time and effort and mental energy into working on Kingdom Hearts, and thank goodness the Osaka staff are all the way in Osaka and not in Tokyo. They deserve so much more.

Nomura, tho? No. I’ll respect his talent but I don’t respect him.

Katsagu

Awards
Yeah this is something I've been thinking as well.

For all the criticisms we give to the Osaka Team, they are still completely able to make a great KH game, and in my opinion, KH was and still is king in the Action JRPG department, despite it's flaws.

But, may I ask, why no respect for Nomura?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah this is something I've been thinking as well.

For all the criticisms we give to the Osaka Team, they are still completely able to make a great KH game, and in my opinion, KH was and still is king in the Action JRPG department, despite it's flaws.

But, may I ask, why no respect for Nomura?
It may be due to the questionable decisions Nomura did with KH3's story. I haven't necessarily lost respect for him, but I can understand why some fans might

Nukara

Awards
I just want to make a completely random and highly unmotivated by anything statement that the Osaka staff are wonderful and talented and deserve more praise than they get. Thank you to Tai Yasue and all of the development staff for putting in so much time and effort and mental energy into working on Kingdom Hearts, and thank goodness the Osaka staff are all the way in Osaka and not in Tokyo. They deserve so much more.

Nomura, tho? No. I’ll respect his talent but I don’t respect him.
And why do not you respect Nomura? After all, if it were not for him, KH3 would not have come out at all.
So my opinion deserves praise all. Even if they were wrong, it does not make KH3 bad for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And why do not you respect Nomura? After all, if it were not for him, KH3 would not have come out at all.
So my opinion deserves praise all. Even if they were wrong, it does not make KH3 bad for me.

I said I respect his talent, aka his contributions to the franchise and the story he’s made and his artistic talent. He’s brilliant at that. I’ll always admire that about Nomura.

That doesn’t mean I respect the man himself lol My reason for that is an open secret that isn’t that hard to find online lol

It may be due to the questionable decisions Nomura did with KH3's story. I haven't necessarily lost respect for him, but I can understand why some fans might

The story is about what I think in the end we should have expected from Nomura when he started getting really into UX. I don’t think I respect him less for the story he wrote, only that I’m disappointed in his decision to be so heavy handed with the sequel bait rather than focusing on what was already there.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I said I respect his talent, aka his contributions to the franchise and the story he’s made and his artistic talent. He’s brilliant at that. I’ll always admire that about Nomura.

That doesn’t mean I respect the man himself lol My reason for that is an open secret that isn’t that hard to find online lol

Well, what secret would that be if we don't have the time to find it? I never really heard anything bad about Noruma personality besides the whole debacle with FFv13.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, what secret would that be if we don't have the time to find it? I never really heard anything bad about Noruma personality besides the whole debacle with FFv13.

Just a few things I’ve heard over the years since the AC days. Stuff like “he’s a diva” and he sometimes gets people he doesn’t like fired. Then nervous, tip-toe-y way I’ve seen some devs talk about Nomura in brief interviews during XV’s development had me thinking that there were things people were avoiding to discuss. I think mostly my reason for starting to dislike him as a person is when the leaks started happening and he essentially blamed western fans for the whole ordeal in a way.

Also there is a reason Nomura find himself relating to the villains of his stories more than he used to, or like that time he talked about using his anger to fuel his work for KH3 around 2015. If we can read his salt in his games, like can you imagine that salt in person?

Make no mistake, though. There is nobody as passionate, ambitious, or dedicated to their craft than Nomura and that’s something I think we all can respect. He pushes himself and expects everybody around him to push themselves just as hard, if not more in order to achieve something that is enjoyable and pushes the boundaries of the technology he is working with. I think in that passion and through experiencing so much over the years, people find themselves giving into stress more often than not.

Nukara

Awards
Just a few things I’ve heard over the years since the AC days. Stuff like “he’s a diva” and he sometimes gets people he doesn’t like fired. Then nervous, tip-toe-y way I’ve seen some devs talk about Nomura in brief interviews during XV’s development had me thinking that there were things people were avoiding to discuss. I think mostly my reason for starting to dislike him as a person is when the leaks started happening and he essentially blamed western fans for the whole ordeal in a way.

Also there is a reason Nomura find himself relating to the villains of his stories more than he used to, or like that time he talked about using his anger to fuel his work for KH3 around 2015. If we can read his salt in his games, like can you imagine that salt in person?

Make no mistake, though. There is nobody as passionate, ambitious, or dedicated to their craft than Nomura and that’s something I think we all can respect. He pushes himself and expects everybody around him to push themselves just as hard, if not more in order to achieve something that is enjoyable and pushes the boundaries of the technology he is working with. I think in that passion and through experiencing so much over the years, people find themselves giving into stress more often than not.
My biggest hatred for Nomura is that he torments the characters of KH without giving them a happy ending for a long time, and then the fans have to suffer. )))
The fact that he admitted that he does not like Sora, and then eventually killed him, says a lot. ))

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My biggest hatred for Nomura is that he torments the characters of KH without giving them a happy ending for a long time, and then the fans have to suffer. )))
The fact that he admitted that he does not like Sora, and then eventually killed him, says a lot. ))

It’s not that he doesn’t like Sora, but rather Sora is a character that he can’t personally relate to anymore. It’s hard to relate to a character that seems to always be hopeful and happy when life is rarely so positive.

And even when he killed Sora, he isn’t really dead for good. It’s just a set up for a new character arc for him and a way to give him a big return when they get to that point.

drew0512

Awards
The constant hate towards Osaka Team has been getting on my nerves for the longest time. I really hate when someone disrespects other people's work, regardless of the outcome, it's just a terrible thing to do. When I compare their first KH game to the latest one I see huge improvements and that's a sign that they listen to the fans (without letting them dictate how their game should be) and that they learned, they're learning and will keep learning, just like anyone else. Many things that this community does irk me, but this is by far the worst one, especially because most of the time it's not about constructive criticism but rather straight-up hate.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The more you know about a person, the more likely you will find things about him/her you don't like.

I started questioning Tai Yasue involvement when he said it was his idea to finish the 1000 Heartless/Nobody/Unversed battle with attraction flow. I hated that part because it felt out of place and ruined the tension. It's the same thing as being able to use attraction flow against Anti-Aqua, but at least here we aren't forced to do it. Even though it's still stupid.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I love all the work they did and I love Nomura for keeping KH going! Thanks!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm so glad that this topic was made.

Kingdom Hearts III was a fun game. Is it mechanically perfect? Absolutely not. But for what it's worth, I had a memorable time. And for the first attempt at a native HD console game, the Osaka team knocked it out of the park!

And for the people bitter that the Tokyo team that is working on Final Fantasy VII Remake did not work on Kingdom Hearts III, blame Square Enix's upper management for the fracturing of the teams.

The Osaka team can only go upwards from here on out and I am excited and intrigued to see how they further develop Kingdom Hearts.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Personally I love the combat in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm on Critical Mode right now and I'm having a awesome time with the battles as they kill me over and over again. I love the Keyblade Transformation and Keyblade Forging introduced in this game. Making the Kingdom Key my second most used Keyblade in the game. Even the attractions are saving my hide in Critical Mode, lol. I have my issues with KH3 but none of them are gameplay related, I think the gameplay is amazing. So I'll happily thank the Osaka Team. Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
WHAT!? When did he say that he hates Sora!? I thought Sora was always his favourite character!?

Amadeus

Awards
Honestly, Osaka team made my favorite game gameplay-wise, BBS, so I've never hated them. Mechanics aside (like stagger, revenge, etc) the controls for their games have always been fun and fluid for me. I'm glad they worked on KH3; I'm sure Tokyo team would have made a great game, too, but I guess I just really enjoyed that subconscious Osaka charm in the game 😊 They handled the transition from handheld command deck to console command menu really well imo, and gameplay was really fun as always. They work just as hard, if not harder, for a fraction of the respect that Tokyo gets, so I'm really glad this thread was made 😃

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He never said he hates Sora. He said that he relates to Xehanort and can’t really understand Sora as a character anymore xD
I hope this makes him have a new direction for Sora in the next trilogy. He should map out his character change (or what he would like to happen) from KH4-6. I did appreciate Sora's character development in KH3.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I feel like the Osaka team definitely doesn't get enough credit for what they contributed to the series.

They've been working hard and improving more and more with each game. It was nice to see them get the chance to work on a game with more development time and less limited hardware for once.

Back