• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Post-game kinda boring?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
Am I the only one here who didn't 100% the game? I dabbled in it (did some of the Battlegates, more hidden Mickeys, etc), but it's just kinda bleh. I kinda wish I played it on Standard so I didn't have to grind to beat the secret boss (are will still spoiler-tagging?)

disney233

Awards
I watch streamers do it. But the only game I nearly 100% in was Birth by Sleep in 2.8. Something happened, lost my data on all games, now I have no reason to 100% any game. I've lost my motivation, so clearly I didn't 100% 2.8 or 3.

drew0512

Awards
Not really, KH3 actually has the postgame that I find the most fun among the vanilla versions. Synthesis was a slog but this is true for every KH and not only KH3. Some things were less fun than others but the series peaked in the minigames and Gummiship departments with this game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KH3 is the only KH game I ever got all the trophies for... take into consideration that KH1 and KH2 originally didn't have trophies. I did (on more than one occasion) complete Jiminy's Journal in the original PS2 versions of KH1 and KH2 and beat all the secret bosses (which I guess is the old-school version of "100%"), but I never got around to doing everything in the ReMixes (I tried, but life kind of got in the way).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only games I've got all the trophies for are Re:CoM, 3D, and KH3. The only reason I didn't have them all for KH1 and 2 is the Gummi ship.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The only games I've got all the trophies for are Re:CoM, 3D, and KH3. The only reason I didn't have them all for KH1 and 2 is the Gummi ship.
OMG I forgot about the Gummi ship. I would definitely never do over the Gummi missions from those games intentionally. They're fun mini-games when travelling to a new world, but aside from that I never touch them.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To be fair I don't know that most KH games have much in the way of "post-game" content, but maybe that's because my goal is always to get as much done as possible before completing my first run of the game so there isn't usually much left aside from secret bosses and such which are specifically locked behind a completed save file.

The difference is that those games were actually engaging the first time through, so I was motivated to spend that kind of time with them and then go back and play the actual game itself again. With KH3 I did the Hidden Mickeys and whatever was necessary for the Ultima Weapon so I wouldn't have to worry about struggling through the endgame, but there's no way I would go back and actually open it up to play some optional mob fight portals and one tough Heartless, much less take another stab at the game. I guess it's notable that I didn't even bother to get Sora to lvl 100, which is unheard of for me as I always prefer to be at max level before going for the end, but the thought of grinding my way through the headache-inducing matrices of KH3's Disney ghost towns didn't exactly ring with appeal.

NoWay

Awards
(...) KH3's Disney ghost towns didn't exactly ring with appeal.
This is simply not true. KH3’s (Disney) Towns are more alive than any other KH games worlds.
Look at Olympus, Twilight Town, Corona, The Caribbean and San Fransokyo.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is simply not true. KH3’s (Disney) Towns are more alive than any other KH games worlds.
Look at Olympus, Twilight Town, Corona, The Caribbean and San Fransokyo.
The point isn't that they're unpopulated, but that they feel dead anyway. The NPCs add nothing to the worlds, they're background noise with extremely limited interactivity who are just there to prove that Square can throw a couple of prefab models in one or two rooms per world when they feel like it. Meanwhile, the worlds themselves are cumbersome-- trading in the tightness and brevity of Disney visits in previous games, which were designed to advance a story, with aimless, plotless runarounds through empty environments repeating the same tasks and diluting every character interaction into stilted replays of the film formula or really redundantly scripted, Saturday morning cartoon level scenarios. ("Buzz, you are definitely not going to get corrupted by darkness. Stop worrying about that, it could definitely never, ever happen, I am telling you because I am your friend and as your friend I know these things.")

They're not especially fun or engaging to explore-- there's zero reason to ever diverge from the beaten path, the treasure chest and hidden mickey locations are not so much clever as they are buried under a mountain of assets-- and it's distractingly easy to get lost in them without ever becoming immersed. I don't care how pretty your snow plains and tree canopies are, if that's all there is in sight I can get the idea in half the time and maybe we could get one or two original worlds that actually serve a purpose.

NoWay

Awards
The point isn't that they're unpopulated, but that they feel dead anyway. The NPCs add nothing to the worlds, they're background noise with extremely limited interactivity who are just there to prove that Square can throw a couple of prefab models in one or two rooms per world when they feel like it. Meanwhile, the worlds themselves are cumbersome-- trading in the tightness and brevity of Disney visits in previous games, which were designed to advance a story, with aimless, plotless runarounds through empty environments repeating the same tasks and diluting every character interaction into stilted replays of the film formula or really redundantly scripted, Saturday morning cartoon level scenarios. ("Buzz, you are definitely not going to get corrupted by darkness. Stop worrying about that, it could definitely never, ever happen, I am telling you because I am your friend and as your friend I know these things.")

They're not especially fun or engaging to explore-- there's zero reason to ever diverge from the beaten path, the treasure chest and hidden mickey locations are not so much clever as they are buried under a mountain of assets-- and it's distractingly easy to get lost in them without ever becoming immersed. I don't care how pretty your snow plains and tree canopies are, if that's all there is in sight I can get the idea in half the time and maybe we could get one or two original worlds that actually serve a purpose.
I respect you opinion but I don’t think the way you do. I really enjoyed KH3’s world and have never explored any KH world like the KH3 ones. I actually spent approximately 3-4 hours per world to explore them and would like to spent more time in them. The only worlds that feel a bit empty for me are Toy Box, Arendelle and Monstropolis. I think Toy Box can compensate the lack of NPCs with the vast amount of details in Galaxy Toys itself. But Arendelle and Monstropolis only have nice environments. I still think these two are beautiful worlds but they could have been better. However, in comparison with the worlds pre KH3 I’d always prefer the “bad” KH3 worlds.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I easily completed the Platinum for this game, and the only thing that gave me trouble was the synthesis list not having progression checkmarks. Other than that, it wasn't that hard. I have platinumed KHFM and KH2FM twice, ReCom, Birth By Sleep, and KH3. I'm always a compulsive completionist, ever since the old platformer games (Mario 64, Banjo, Jak, Spyro, Crash).

Neo_

Awards
To be fair I don't know that most KH games have much in the way of "post-game" content, but maybe that's because my goal is always to get as much done as possible before completing my first run of the game so there isn't usually much left aside from secret bosses and such which are specifically locked behind a completed save file.

The difference is that those games were actually engaging the first time through, so I was motivated to spend that kind of time with them and then go back and play the actual game itself again. With KH3 I did the Hidden Mickeys and whatever was necessary for the Ultima Weapon so I wouldn't have to worry about struggling through the endgame, but there's no way I would go back and actually open it up to play some optional mob fight portals and one tough Heartless, much less take another stab at the game. I guess it's notable that I didn't even bother to get Sora to lvl 100, which is unheard of for me as I always prefer to be at max level before going for the end, but the thought of grinding my way through the headache-inducing matrices of KH3's Disney ghost towns didn't exactly ring with appeal.
You and Launchpad are battling for my favorite forum posters. He's got humor, but your posts are always just so amazing.

xXFALORXx

Awards
I think the postgame was good but way too short. I loved the battlegates and the flan minigames. Even leveling up the Black Pearl to max was kinda fun.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
I’m not sure I would because I still have yet to “finish” the game. I saw my sister play it and I’d play whenever she’d go to work but since getting to Monstropolis I’ve had zero desire to play the game since the end of January/early February. I’m serious guys. I can’t seem to connect with the characters the way I used to.

Lulcy

Awards
If your definition of post-game is just having many super boss fights then yes, it quite lacking.

Neo_

Awards
The point isn't that they're unpopulated, but that they feel dead anyway. The NPCs add nothing to the worlds, they're background noise with extremely limited interactivity who are just there to prove that Square can throw a couple of prefab models in one or two rooms per world when they feel like it.
I just came back and was rereading this thread, and yes, they always feel behind on this stuff... like the NPCs in KH3 is where KH2 should've been 14 years ago.

If your definition of post-game is just having many super boss fights then yes, it quite lacking.
Nah, I'm talking when the game first came out: Thebes was rebuilt, there was that side-quest to find the dolls for the kid... I thought every world was gonna be like that, but they're not. You have to wonder to what degree the game was rushed, but it did have to come out at some point.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I cleared the story and instantly put the game down. In past KH games I at least had some motivation to at least try to post-game stuff, but this time I didn't. I don't really know why that was. Perhaps it's because I knew that would mean doing the gummi missions, which I really didn't want to have to deal with.

Neo_

Awards
Yeah, half the stuff doesn't really seem that fun tbh. From time to time I'll turn it on, scour for some hidden Mickeys and missing chests and do a couple Battlegates in hopes of being able to beat Dark Inferno eventually.

At this point I feel like they should just get rid of the Gummi Ship or dramatically overhaul it. The way it looked in the new engine and clashed with Radiant Garden was weird.

Back