• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

Hoping for a longer trailer at Square's E3 conference. I'm keeping my expectations low, since Square's conference last year was atrocious.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It looks like it was just a replay of the trailer on YouTube :'(
It was to be expected honestly. The trailer did just come out after all. Or should I be calling this a "teaser" instead of a proper trailer? Anyway, it's pretty typical practice for them to release trailers early then re-show them at the actual conferences/conventions when it comes to KH3, so there was every chance they'd do it again I guess is what I'm trying to say.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
EDIT: Apparently I never erased my draft from days ago when it was relevant. Oops

I'm of the belief that it didn't actually break, but rather disengages - likely due to fatigue. Ever notice how whenever someone's seemingly beaten or down for the count their weapon disappears?
I could go with that if it didn't come off like Lea straight up lost his Keyblade. I'm curious if Xemnas' lines were different in the Japanese dub.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To be honest, I'd rather ditch playable Roxas, Aqua, Riku (and whoever else) for something else instead. Imo they're a waste, the only place where they would be relevant to play is on the Keyblade Graveyard, even if you fought every boss with every other six Guardian of Light + Roxas & Xion, the total playtime would amount to at most an hour. This of course is assuming they would not add extra playable scenarios to the Keyblade Graveyard where the other eight characters would be present but, even with that in mind, they simply are not as present for majority of your playtime (unlike Donald and Goofy) and hence investing resources on them to be playable is not justified (something that playable Donald and Goofy are x10 more justified to me).
More to this point, these fights should have been in the base game (especially considering Riku and Aqua were already playable) so asking people to hand another fistful of cash over for them when Nomura decided to spend time and energy on missable additions like Classic Kingdom just so they could have another cheap tie-in with the mobile game so it could continue to ride the coat tails of an actually anticipated franchise installment is pretty irritating. It's obvious where the priorities were and are with KH3, and it wasn't on closing out the Xehanort saga properly or giving the existing cast of characters their due, and the DLC is all but guaranteed to exacerbate this problem. I personally can't wait for *additional scenario* Young Xehanort meets the Foretellers at the local furry convention.

Muke

whatever
Awards
KHUX spoilers I guess.

I'm just not a fan of where the story is going. I don't need all of these mysteries in KH3. Nor do I want any more of these "actually, I'm not X, I'm C!!!" moments. It was already a slap in the face when they revealed that even Luxord and Demyx are from the x-era, but now Luxord is not "Luxord", but whoever the hell he actually is. Just like with the Xigbar-is-Luxu reveal. I don't like these.

I woud have been happy if the only ones to come to the present had been Ventus, Lauriam, and Elrena. But nah, now it's:
  1. Aced
  2. Gula
  3. Invi
  4. Ira
  5. Luxu AKA Xigbar
  6. Ventus
  7. Lauriam
  8. Elrena
  9. Luxord
  10. Demyx
  11. MoM, according to the Secret Ending
That's 11 characters.. I did NOT need all of these in the present ffs
The only ones we don't know as of yet are Ephemer, Skuld, Ava, Strelitzia, and Brain. But you can BET they'll come back as well. At least two of these are Girl X and Nameless Star.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
It was to be expected honestly. The trailer did just come out after all. Or should I be calling this a "teaser" instead of a proper trailer? Anyway, it's pretty typical practice for them to release trailers early then re-show them at the actual conferences/conventions when it comes to KH3, so there was every chance they'd do it again I guess is what I'm trying to say.
I think we may get a proper trailer of KH3: ReMind at the D23 Expo in August or the more likely place is in Tokyo Game Show in September which has been the primary event where they announce new KH announcements every year (except TGS 2017).

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I just happy that the trailer shows off there are more playable characters beside Riku and Aqua...
The only additional "playable" character besides those two is Roxas. And he looks like the most limited of them all (the HUD doesn't even function with him, so what we got looks more like a stand in for his actual game play that they'll be working on... Hopefully).

I think we may get a proper trailer of KH3: ReMind at the D23 Expo in August or the more likely place is in Tokyo Game Show in September which has been the primary event where they announce new KH announcements every year (except TGS 2017).
I could see that.. Though honestly, I can't bring myself to care about this whole thing any longer at this point. If the premise set up by this teaser was anything to go by (which is the fundemental point of any advertisment, to set up expectations for the new downloadable content), nothing in this DLC really seems like anything I can get invested in. The Ux stuff is getting on my last nerve, and nothing I've seen so far really helps KH3 feel anymore satisfying as a finale/conclusion to the Xehanort Saga at all. Just a whole bunch of sequel fodder that only robs this entry's feeling of finality and closure even further than the base game already did.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
KHUX spoilers I guess.

I'm just not a fan of where the story is going. I don't need all of these mysteries in KH3. Nor do I want any more of these "actually, I'm not X, I'm C!!!" moments. It was already a slap in the face when they revealed that even Luxord and Demyx are from the x-era, but now Luxord is not "Luxord", but whoever the hell he actually is. Just like with the Xigbar-is-Luxu reveal. I don't like these.

I woud have been happy if the only ones to come to the present had been Ventus, Lauriam, and Elrena. But nah, now it's:
  1. Aced
  2. Gula
  3. Invi
  4. Ira
  5. Luxu AKA Xigbar
  6. Ventus
  7. Lauriam
  8. Elrena
  9. Luxord
  10. Demyx
  11. MoM, according to the Secret Ending
That's 11 characters.. I did NOT need all of these in the present ffs
The only ones we don't know as of yet are Ephemer, Skuld, Ava, Strelitzia, and Brain. But you can BET they'll come back as well. At least two of these are Girl X and Nameless Star.
EEK! I always had a bad feeling about KHUX. I really don't like how much of it is coming into the main KH story. It should have stayed as a silly, meaningless mobile game with references to the main story.

I'm hoping that Aced, Gula, Invi, and Ira get killed off promptly in a spin-off game between KH3 and KH4 (hopefully by Lauriam/Elrena/Durol/Emyd). Also, I hope very few of those other people you named are carried forward. I would prefer if just Ava and Strelitzia stayed, and I guess Ephemer would be included since he got his moment in KH3.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Since this will only come out in Winter, I'll keep my expectations low and only expect the next trailer at TGS.
As for the content, I expect to be worth the wait. Wait almost a year after the game came out for a DLC pack seems ridiculous to me.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Since this will only come out in Winter, I'll keep my expectations low and only expect the next trailer at TGS.
As for the content, I expect to be worth the wait. Wait almost a year after the game came out for a DLC pack seems ridiculous to me.
I'm not up-to-date with what typically goes on with DLC for games nowadays. How much can be achieved in a year for a DLC pack?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Among all the new cutscenes added I hope they include one of the Guardian abandoning Ansem before the fight at the Keyblade Graveyard. I want to see his reaction when his servant gains a mind of his own and actively rejects him

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Can someone more knowledgeable of modern day DLC please tell me how much can possibly be prepared for a year long development time? Like would it be too much to expect as much content as 0.2 to be in the DLC (like 3-5 hours worth of content)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can someone more knowledgeable of modern day DLC please tell me how much can possibly be prepared for a year long development time? Like would it be too much to expect as much content as 0.2 to be in the DLC (like 3-5 hours worth of content)?

It just depends on what they are focusing on and where the DLC takes place. Depending on the locations and stuff, it’ll determine how many assets have to be made from scratch vs how many assets get reused.

I’d say 3-5 hours is a fair amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back