• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Avengers Project - Crystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal; more info in 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;rq_V6WHSmQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WHSmQs[/video]​

MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT AND SQUARE ENIX TEAM UP FOR MULTI-YEAR, MULTI-GAME CREATIVE PARTNERSHIP
Original Blockbuster Games in Development at Award-Winning Square Enix Studios Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montréal​

GLENDALE, Calif. & TOKYO, JAPAN (January 26, 2017) – Marvel Entertainment and SQUARE ENIX® today announced a new multi-year, multi-game licensing agreement to develop and publish original games based on beloved Marvel Super Heroes, beginning with The Avengers. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment. The first blockbuster game is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics®, developers of the award winning TOMB RAIDER® series, in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, the home of the critically acclaimed and award-winning DEUS EX game series.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018.

“By partnering with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montréal, we are now working with two of the industry’s most talented and respected game development studios to bring Marvel stories to life in ways our fans have never experienced,“ said Jay Ong, Senior Vice President, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “The Avengers project is a perfect example of how Marvel is making games a key part of the landscape for Marvel storytelling, alongside comics, television and film. We can only do this by matching our greatest Super Heroes with the world’s top developers, such as the creative minds at Square Enix.”

“Marvel’s diverse, innovative universe has created millions of longtime fans, including all of us,” said Phil Rogers, CEO, Square Enix Americas and Europe. “It’s exciting to bring together Square Enix’s award-winning development studios with Marvel’s extraordinary storytellers to establish a new entertainment powerhouse. This collaboration of passion and talent will craft epic, imaginative experiences allowing gamers to live out their Super Hero dreams like never before.”

Crystal Dynamics is the studio behind the critically acclaimed and world-famous TOMB RAIDER franchise, which has sold over 48 million copies worldwide. With over 30 video game titles released and hundreds of awards, the heroine Lara Croft has been a cultural icon for 20 years and has made an indelible mark on virtually every facet of entertainment. The most recent release, Rise of the Tomb Raider®, has received over 100 awards and nominations and is one of the highest rated games on next generation systems.

Eidos-Montréal is the award-winning studio behind the relaunch of the DEUS EX series. In 2011, the studio made its mark with the critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution®. Its sequel, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™, was released in 2016 and received more than 100 awards and nominations.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Marvel definitely wants us to know they're serious about their foray into games, with Insominiac's Spidey, Telltale's Guardians, and now this! This is so exciting that they could be potentially setting up their own universe in games. The MVGU (Marvel Video Game Universe) or the MIU (Marvel Interactive Universe)?

But why announce it so early to not get any news for a whole year!? Dx

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is hella cool, I can't wait for more info to drop during e3/comic con.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I wonder how much Marvel is paying Square Enix to form this contract. I wonder who approached who. Anywho, this is good for Crystal Dynamics/Edios Montreal as it's another collaboration project that will probably turn out successful. Rise of the Tomb Raider was well-received, so I'm thinking this Avengers game will be too.

This is hella cool, I can't wait for more info to drop during e3/comic con.

Kinda weird, but as soon as I read the headline I thought of you. I knew you'd be one who'd appreciate this the most.

Awards
Honestly This is another perfect collab. Because Square Enix has been well known for story telling, and marvel for Amazing characters. Hopefully they'll add lesser known characters like beyonder, eternity, infinity, and the living tribunal. Hopefully It has a good story which is why square enix is their for, and phenomenal casting from marvel. Too late to say, but this has tons of potential to have an amazing story.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Disney has been nailing Marvel licensing lately, super stoked for this. They've got the perfect team on this one too, just like how Marvel has Insomniac on Spider-Man. It was announced a bit early for us to have to wait until 2018 for more, but oh well.

What's most exciting about this is the fact that the Square/Marvel deal is a multi-game contract, meaning that this is only the first of what we could see out of Square's studios. Keep them coming!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I find it funny that Square Enix's subsidiary (Square Enix Europe) are teaming up with Disney's subsidiary (Marvel) to provide this. Marvel are already outcompeting DC in theatrical releases, now it's time for them to do the same in the video gaming industry.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I find it funny that Square Enix's subsidiary (Square Enix Europe) are teaming up with Disney's subsidiary (Marvel) to provide this. Marvel are already outcompeting DC in theatrical releases, now it's time for them to do the same in the video gaming industry.

I wouldn't be so sure as to that though. DC had the phenomenal Arkham games, with something more of that currently in the works, Injustice 2, and Telltale's Batman. Marvel has a lot on the horizon, but we it's hard to speak to the quality of games barely announced. I'm excited for this and other Marvel products, but DC isn't going to move over when it comes to the games industry. It'll be a bigger competition critically for the two companies in the game industry than the movies without a doubt.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’ve been waiting for this. I’m excited to finally see what this game is all about.

SomeKHFan

Awards
I'm wondering if they are going to use the MCU to influence the game, given the recent popularity, or go it's own direction with a character that hasn't been used yet in the MCU as an antagonist....like Dr Doom, Galactus or Amatsu Mikoboshi.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Here's more info on the game:

82rbda9myb131.jpg

"Action-adventure that combines cinematic storytelling" oh hells yeah

Also, nice to see it will have single player and co-op.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It’s something alright. I just don’t think it was worth the hype.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Muke

whatever
Awards
Agreed to everyone else. I was pretty disappointed, I guess I just expected more. There's definitely something about the models that's just... off.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe if they showed the actual gameplay would've helped.

Back