• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"You Require Motivation"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
After seeing the DLC trailer and (possibly) confirmation that Xehanort spoke with the Master of Masters... I'm starting to think that this line has more meaning than we're led to believe. Could the Master of Masters have told Xehanort that he needs to do something that will "motivate" Sora to abuse the Power of Waking and hence awaken in the world that hosts the Master of Masters?

This is kind of crazy, but the people that think Sora is the Master of Masters -- could he have convinced Xehanort to do it to ensure that Sora's past self goes down a route that will result in him becoming the Master of Masters?

Obiewantsanipod

I think the first part of your argument works without the second in that Sora could be a part of the MoM's grand scheme without the MoM necessarily being him.

My issue with this is that if the hooded figure talking to YX is the MoM then he's not stuck in Shibuya and is there of his own volition. So why bring Sora there if he's not needed for the MoM's return. Unless he's trying to get him out of the way that is.

Also, we don't know when that scene takes place. For all we know it could be from when Eraqus and Xehanort were still young. Also, it could be Luxu's previous body before he took over Braig. And he could be Eraqus and Xehanort's master, who went on to bestow the No Name upon YX.

There are many possibilities here, although I do agree that MX's remark sounded completely random, especially when you consider that he doesn't really know Sora. Heck, we never even saw him talk to the organization, or Aqua, Ven, Terra, and thinking about this is starting to enrage me so I'll stop here.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I always felt that line was weird because why does Sora need motivation? From what gather and I could be wrong MX stabby stabby Kairi so Sora can attack him to create the 13th X-blade or whatever. But that is made under the assumption that Sora and his friends have the intelligence to not attack MX which given the game's history seems like a stretch.

Plus wouldn't Terra upon seeing MX want to launch an all-out attack on him anyway given their history. I am probably missing something here of course or that line has some deeper meaning Nomura will expound on eventually which makes my point moot.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I always felt that line was weird because why does Sora need motivation? From what gather and I could be wrong MX stabby stabby Kairi so Sora can attack him to create the 13th X-blade or whatever. But that is made under the assumption that Sora and his friends have the intelligence to not attack MX which given the game's history seems like a stretch.

Plus wouldn't Terra upon seeing MX want to launch an all-out attack on him anyway given their history. I am probably missing something here of course or that line has some deeper meaning Nomura will expound on eventually which makes my point moot.
Initially I thought he chose Kairi to make Sora angrier than he would if someone else were chosen and killed in front of him. KH3 kind of showed that Master Xehanort was intentionally putting pressure on Sora to tire him out and cause him to make a mistake. Throughout the Keyblade Graveyard we see Sora panting and actually tired, compared to any other time we've seen Sora fight massive bosses, so it seemed put in there on purpose that Sora was tired and Xehanort was trying to get him to slip up.

But now that Xehanort and (possibly) Master of Masters have spoken, it could tie in to something the MoM wanted Sora to do and the most likely thing is to get Sora to drain himself out with the Power of Waking. Typing that out... it actually will make sense of why Xehanort had a massive heartless/nobody/unversed attack on the guardians (and actually kill them) instead of just straight up fight to summon Kingdom Hearts -- Xehanort wanted Sora to use the Power of Waking to save his friends and then again to save Kairi.
I think the first part of your argument works without the second in that Sora could be a part of the MoM's grand scheme without the MoM necessarily being him.

My issue with this is that if the hooded figure talking to YX is the MoM then he's not stuck in Shibuya and is there of his own volition. So why bring Sora there if he's not needed for the MoM's return. Unless he's trying to get him out of the way that is.

Also, we don't know when that scene takes place. For all we know it could be from when Eraqus and Xehanort were still young. Also, it could be Luxu's previous body before he took over Braig. And he could be Eraqus and Xehanort's master, who went on to bestow the No Name upon YX.

There are many possibilities here, although I do agree that MX's remark sounded completely random, especially when you consider that he doesn't really know Sora. Heck, we never even saw him talk to the organization, or Aqua, Ven, Terra, and thinking about this is starting to enrage me so I'll stop here.
Is the MoM stuck in Shibuya? I thought he could travel wherever he wanted to (and basically do whatever since he is all powerful)? I feel like the Reaper's Game matches the MoM's personality from what we've seen from him.

If it's not the MoM, I would like it to be Luxu before he took over Braig's body. I think revealing Eraqus and Xehanort's master would be a little too reaching and introducing another character when we're already jam packed.

kaseykockroach

Awards
“Sora, you require motivation.”

“I already do! My motivation is to protect my friends!”

“Oh. Huh. Well, nevermind then. Here, you can have your girlfriend back then, I guess.”

“Hey, Sora!”

“Hey, Kairi!”

Back