• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World transformations/outfits for all the characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nexale

Like many people is asking for this in the "What you want in the next game" topic, I think it would be nice to create a specific topic to discuss what we would like to (and probably won't) see if we could put any character in any Disney world (not necessarily in the next game but something more general).

My list would be:

-Sora as an American Indian in Pocahontas. With a band of feathers and facial paint!
-Riku and Terra with armour in the Chinese Army of Land of Dragons.
-Kairi as a mermaid in Atlantica, with a pink or red fishtail.
-Lea as a pirate in Port Royale (without hat, please, to much hair for that) and, above all, as a fox in Brother Bear. I require his totem to be a fox.
-Xion with a Halloween outfit in Halloween town. Extra points if she resembles somehow a "dark puppet".
-Xigbar as a hyena in Pride Lands.
-Goofy as a truck in Cars. I would hate a Cars world in KH but, if it ever exist, Goofy has to be the truck.

Yours?

Zach2

I’d love to see Kairi as a mermaid in atlantica

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-Sora as an American Indian in Pocahontas. With a band of feathers and facial paint!

That's a big yikes from me.

Also a reminder that we do not allow or condone the propagation of racist stereotypes, regardless of one's intent. Native American culture is not a costume to be worn and certainly not appropriate as a transformation of a character in a video game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Zootopia world is the perfect opportunity to use Sora's original lion form.

A Cars transformation would be interesting as well in terms of how it would affect gameplay and combat. Would be quite the challenge to Nomura, lol

Nexale

That's a big yikes from me.

Also a reminder that we do not allow or condone the propagation of racist stereotypes, regardless of one's intent. Native American culture is not a costume to be worn and certainly not appropriate as a transformation of a character in a video game.

Uh... really? Well, I definitely apologize if that has been seen as a racist, nothing further for my intention, but I really not see the difference between wanting Riku to wear a stereotyped Chinese costum in Land of Dragons as the ones they wear in Mulan films, and wanting Sora to wear a stereotypated Native American culture dress as they wear in Pocahontas film; also there has been people stating to want character to recieve outfits in Agrabah, which are also an stereotype and fantasize representation of Arabian culture, and I don't see nobody taking that comment as racist. Is merely an stetic choice, which I don't think carry any negative or positive view about the culture it represents. I wouldn't feel offended as a Spanish person if someone stated that wanted Kairi to wear a "flamenco" outfit in an Spanish world, even if that is also an stereotype wich doesn't correspond with reality. If it's a costume that can look good, don't see any reason for forbide a to state a wish for a character to dress like that.

My only point was that I think that Sora would look nice with facial painting and feathers, and the world of Pocahontas seems to be the right world for that kind of outfit (without entering in discussions about the plot of the movie, which I agree is not the more faithfull representation of how story went). I can't see where or how that statement can be seen offensive to anyone, so I really don't see that accusation as justified in any sense.

But, of course, I don't intend to break this site rules, so if as administrator you ask me to delete the comment or any other measure of the like I'll do. But, want to let clear that in my opinion is an unnecesary and undeserved censoreship.

okhi12

Awards
I remember when Bravely Second came out in Japan there was a native american based job in the original version of the game but it was censored in the west due to the concerns that it could be considered racist and they changed it to a cowboy based job in the american and european releases.
I'm aware there's a somewhat special sensitivity regarding native americans or their related cultural motifs being depicted in videogames and other media, and that is not the case (at least not to that extent) for other cultures.
Can someone explain why?
I'm spanish too and I don't know much about american history or native americans except for the fact that european people ''conquered'' (invaded) America and the native cultures were annihilated or heavily opressed. I guess many wounds are still open and they are very sensitive towards cultural appropiation. That is understandable, but I don't know if that's it or there's more going on... Probably Nexale and I are in the same boat of ignorance about the matter.

D

Deleted member 246005

Uh... really? Well, I definitely apologize if that has been seen as a racist, nothing further for my intention, but I really not see the difference between wanting Riku to wear a stereotyped Chinese costum in Land of Dragons as the ones they wear in Mulan films, and wanting Sora to wear a stereotypated Native American culture dress as they wear in Pocahontas film; also there has been people stating to want character to recieve outfits in Agrabah, which are also an stereotype and fantasize representation of Arabian culture, and I don't see nobody taking that comment as racist. Is merely an stetic choice, which I don't think carry any negative or positive view about the culture it represents. I wouldn't feel offended as a Spanish person if someone stated that wanted Kairi to wear a "flamenco" outfit in an Spanish world, even if that is also an stereotype wich doesn't correspond with reality. If it's a costume that can look good, don't see any reason for forbide a to state a wish for a character to dress like that.

My only point was that I think that Sora would look nice with facial painting and feathers, and the world of Pocahontas seems to be the right world for that kind of outfit (without entering in discussions about the plot of the movie, which I agree is not the more faithfull representation of how story went). I can't see where or how that statement can be seen offensive to anyone, so I really don't see that accusation as justified in any sense.

But, of course, I don't intend to break this site rules, so if as administrator you ask me to delete the comment or any other measure of the like I'll do. But, want to let clear that in my opinion is an unnecesary and undeserved censoreship.
I remember when Bravely Second came out in Japan there was a native american based job in the original version of the game but it was censored in the west due to the concerns that it could be considered racist and they changed it to a cowboy based job in the american and european releases.
I'm aware there's a somewhat special sensitivity regarding native americans or their related cultural motifs being depicted in videogames and other media, and that is not the case (at least not to that extent) for other cultures.
Can someone explain why?
I'm spanish too and I don't know much about american history or native americans except for the fact that european people ''conquered'' (invaded) America and the native cultures were annihilated or heavily opressed. I guess many wounds are still open and they are very sensitive towards cultural appropiation. That is understandable, but I don't know if that's it or there's more going on... Probably Nexale and I are in the same boat of ignorance about the matter.

This video might help explain it. Its long but i thought it did a good job.

On topic- i like the idea of Riku being a werewolf on Halloweentown.

Back