• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Sora Be The Master of Masters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KSneeK

We know that

-Time Travel is possible
-Master of Masters knows everything that happens in the future
-Sora has an unusual set of powers/affinity with the keyblade so much so that he is recognized by every keyblade wielder in the series.
-The Master of Masters had a fun goofy personality matching Sora's
-The No Name keyblade has a blue eye
-The No Name keyblade looks like a mixture between the Oathkeeper and Oblivion (Roxas, Sora's nobody wields both)

I'm pretty convinced as the evidence is stacking up. It is very possible Sora from the future goes to the past to be the Master of Masters and then when he has completed his mission of setting up the keyblade war, comes to the future to meet his present self.

Obiewantsanipod

I've seen people predict that it's Sora from the original timeline where everyone gets defeated by the heartless shitstorm. But that timeline happened largely because of the events that took place in the fairy tales era (MX recreating the keyblade war, inhereting the No Name Keyblade etc.). So if Sora went maverick after that the keyblade war wouldn't have existed in the first place since Sora would just be Sora at that point and would have no reason to travel back in time. That, and the fact that none of the events that took place would have happened, meaning that if Sora is the MoM, he would need to have a complety different storyline in a timeline that has entirely different events.

I think that would create a paradox seeing as how the MoM traveling back in time to change events would simply result in the current timeline being "updated" with the result of that alteration and that version of him would no longer exist since whatever tragedy he went back in time to correct would no longer have happened. The only way I can see it working is if the MoM is native to the age of fairy tales.

And lastly, your argument stands on wafer thin ice.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd be more willing to believe that Demyx is the MoM over Sora. At least that theory has more plausible credibility

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
-Master of Masters knows everything that happens in the future
Because he can see through his eye across time.

-Sora has an unusual set of powers/affinity with the keyblade so much so that he is recognized by every keyblade wielder in the series.
He's recognized as a Keyblade wielder because he is one. No one ever acknowledges his crazy powers like they're different.

-The Master of Masters had a fun goofy personality matching Sora's
Dude acts nothing like Sora. Xigbar and Demyx are more similar to his personality.

-The No Name keyblade has a blue eye
Half the cast has blue eyes.

-The No Name keyblade looks like a mixture between the Oathkeeper and Oblivion (Roxas, Sora's nobody wields both)
It doesn't really.

KSneeK

I've seen people predict that it's Sora from the original timeline where everyone gets defeated by the heartless shitstorm. But that timeline happened largely because of the events that took place in the fairy tales era (MX recreating the keyblade war, inhereting the No Name Keyblade etc.). So if Sora went maverick after that the keyblade war wouldn't have existed in the first place since Sora would just be Sora at that point and would have no reason to travel back in time. That, and the fact that none of the events that took place would have happened, meaning that if Sora is the MoM, he would need to have a complety different storyline in a timeline that has entirely different events.

I think that would create a paradox seeing as how the MoM traveling back in time to change events would simply result in the current timeline being "updated" with the result of that alteration and that version of him would no longer exist since whatever tragedy he went back in time to correct would no longer have happened. The only way I can see it working is if the MoM is native to the age of fairy tales.

And lastly, your argument stands on wafer thin ice.

"(MX recreating the keyblade war, inhereting the No Name Keyblade etc.). So if Sora went maverick after that the keyblade war wouldn't have existed in the first place since Sora would just be Sora at that point and would have no reason to travel back in time. "

Can you elaborate? If Sora went maverick after what, after he went back in time?

Obiewantsanipod

"(MX recreating the keyblade war, inhereting the No Name Keyblade etc.). So if Sora went maverick after that the keyblade war wouldn't have existed in the first place since Sora would just be Sora at that point and would have no reason to travel back in time. "

Can you elaborate? If Sora went maverick after what, after he went back in time?

No, went maverick after his friends were defeated at the keyblade graveyard by the heartless shitstorm in what seems to be the original timeline, since darkness was fated to prevail.

The events are mutually exclusive, the events of Kingdom Hearts as we know it wouldn't have taken place the way they did if that Sora went back in time and started the keyblade war, since he would have no reason to do so.

Discussing time travel is always trippy, but what I mean is that if "a" caused "b" which caused "c", and "c" went back in time and caused "a", then that would create a paradox since there would have to be a scenario where "c" never had a reason to cause "a", since "b" is dependent on "a" and couldn't happen without it. Meaning that whatever caused "c" to cause "a" in that scenario would need to have been something entirely different. So, if it is Sora, the timeline he comes from would have to be one where the storyline and the chain of events that unfold are completely different, otherwise it would create a paradox, which the MoM himself said he wants to avoid.

I'm trying my best to explain it in a way that makes sense, hope this clears things up.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Well, if Sora is supposed to be a regular kid as far as "fate and destiny" goes, him being the Master of Masters directly contradicts that. Sora is special in the sense of, sure you could find a kid like him anywhere, but it's the fact that he's been attached to so many things is what makes him extraordinary. He wasn't chosen by a past wielder, as far as we know there wasn't a past instance of him existing back in the Age of Fairy Tales, and he wasn't ordained by a higher power. He's a young teenager that happened to be swept up by something much bigger than him.

Even him saving Ven as a newborn, anybody could've done it, Sora just happened to be the one to do it. So Sora is special due to his merits that he's earned on his own, not because of anything that was given to him. DDD touches on this a lot. He knows he plays a smaller role in something way bigger. Xigbar says something to the effect of "As if the Keyblade would choose a dud like you", but it's not like Sora had any other means of gaining one. And he would be wrong, anyway.

Everyone else had inherited it in some fashion, Sora accidentally took Riku's and then had it actually choose him for real in Hollow Bastion. That's not something that's supposed to happen. And he still possessed the potential to wield one since Aqua was going to perform the ceremony at the age of four. Ancient wielders in the Age of Fairy Tales don't seem to be particularly "special" individually, but they can wield Keyblades with no problem. So by all accounts, Sora is more than qualified by his own merits and not by destiny.

I say all that to say... If you then go and make Sora the potential big bad for the next saga who's ALSO the reason why everything is the way it is, that throws everything out the window. Nothing Sora achieved was by choice or by willpower, it was all destined. And that seems to be something Nomura wouldn't agree with, since he's always said that Sora isn't "special" in the traditional sense. And the biggest tell of all this is again, Xigbar. He's not gonna tell Sora he's a dud if it turns out that the kid is actually his master by some crazy time loop/world line jump. We know he'd be more cryptic than that, and time and again, he's said that Sora isn't particularly impressive (even though he's gotten his ass kicked by said unimpressive kid on more than one occasion, so who knows).

I don't see Sora being the Master of Masters, but who really knows where Nomura will take the story? It's unpredictable, and for all we know, he could turn HPO into Dandelions.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have a hard time picturing Ray Chase voicing Demyx, which is why I like to believe that the MoM will have an original design, especially when you take into consideration that the MoM is Ray Chase, another callback to Versus/FFXV.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I also think it's going to be an original design. Or, Nomura is going to pull a fast one on us and make him "Noctis".

I mean, I doubt that, but you never know lol.

I feel like the Demyx and Sora similarities are a red herring, and the Master of Master's identity is somebody completely left-field or a completely original character.

Guy could also just be a walking Heart in a cloak at the moment, it's not like the precedence hasn't been there before.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
While I definitely don't believe that Sora is the MoM, I doubt the "ordinary boy" label will be sticking around for much longer.

I have a hard time picturing Ray Chase voicing Demyx, which is why I like to believe that the MoM will have an original design, especially when you take into consideration that the MoM is Ray Chase, another callback to Versus/FFXV.
Xigbar and Luxu don't share the same VAs though.

Obiewantsanipod

Xigbar and Luxu don't share the same VAs though.

Xigbar is Luxu in someone else's body, so the different VA makes sense.

I also don't know how reliable it is to look at the VA's. I know it's somewhat important but wouldn't that narrow speculation a lot more if say Demyx and the MoM had the same VA, which I know they don't.

I do hope the MoM is an original design. I don't think any of the existing characters would be shocking enough for a revelation, even Demyx.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It’s not an intentional callback as MoM and Noctis do not share VAs in the Japanese version. Ray Chase auditioned for 3 SE games at around the same time: FFXV, KH2.8 and Nier Automata. All three were being managed by different staff who had no idea they would be casting the same person.

Awards
I don’t see this being the case, and if it turns out to be then it would be very disappointing and contradict Sora’s character. Nomura has stated many times that Sora is just an ordinary kid with nothing “special” about him.

Plus MoM is way too mischievous to be Sora. Not saying he’s necessarily evil, because we don’t know. But he’s not entirely good either. Sora would never allow himself to be like that. And Sora is someone who tests fate and destiny. If he knew the Keyblade War was going to happen, he would’ve tried everything he could to stop it, even if it was destined to happen.

No. This would just ruin his character completely.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It’s not an intentional callback as MoM and Noctis do not share VAs in the Japanese version. Ray Chase auditioned for 3 SE games at around the same time: FFXV, KH2.8 and Nier Automata. All three were being managed by different staff who had no idea they would be casting the same person.
Thanks for the clarification, Sign.

Though it wouldn't make sense to contract a-now-high-profile-VA after FFXV such as Ray, to then get back to Demyx's original. Unless they change Demyx's VA to Ray Chase.

Assuming MoM (I accidentally typed Noctis, lol) is Demyx, that is.

And I don't think that MoM is Yozora. MoM and Yozora seem to be both in different cities like Riku and Sora are.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Thanks for the clarification, Sign.

Though it wouldn't make sense to contract a-now-high-profile-VA after FFXV such as Ray, to then get back to Demyx's original. Unless they change Demyx's VA to Ray Chase.

Assuming MoM (I accidentally typed Noctis, lol) is Demyx, that is.

And I don't think that MoM is Yozora. MoM and Yozora seem to be both in different cities like Riku and Sora are.
I think MoM is in Shinjuku as well. You could see the Tokyo Metropolitan building in the distance when he makes his heart hand shape
Kingdom Hearts III Secret Ending via gamesradar.jpg

Nukara

Awards
I can believe this theory.
Considering that even foretellers are suspiciously similar to Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Roxas.
We do not yet know exactly what happened, that if time travel affected Sora. And can he partially forget who he really is?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think MoM is in Shinjuku as well. You could see the Tokyo Metropolitan building in the distance when he makes his heart hand shape
Kingdom Hearts III Secret Ending via gamesradar.jpg
True. Which also strengthens the point that MoM and Yozora can't be the same, seeing as how they're in the same location, and perhaps at the same time.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
True. Which also strengthens the point that MoM and Yozora can't be the same, seeing as how they're in the same location, and perhaps at the same time.

Yeah, although there's quite possibly a connection between the two. People think the MoM is Yozora because of the eyes, but I don't think that automatically means they're the same.

Back