• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura made an appearance at the KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World of Tres- performance in Tokyo today, and shared some new information about upcoming KINGDOM HEARTS 3 DLC!

The tentative title is "KINGDOM HEARTS III ReMIND". 

Paid DLC includes:

• Additional scenario "ReMIND" 
  • Limit Cut Episode & bosses (comparable to previous Final Mixes where new scenes and battles were added in existing locations)
  • Secret Episode & boss
  • English voiceover option (for Japanese version)

Free DLC:

• New Keyblade + new form

The release date and price have yet to be decided.

Nomura has also confirmed more information will be released "when it rains more" and "when the hydrangeas bloom". In Japan, both the rainy season and hydrangea blooming period begin in June, which coincide with the KH Orchestra concert in Los Angeles on June 8th and E3 2019 in the days following.

As a result of Square Enix's recent internal restructuring, Shinji Hashimoto will be moving on from his role as Executive Producer of the KH series in order to lead the company's Media & Arts Business Division. Ichiro Hazama, Business Manager on a number of past KH titles, will be stepping in as his replacement.

Source: aibo_ac7, aitaikimochi

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Good thing I’ve left my birthday PSN gift card unspent, just in case this came along! :D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm guessing the secret episode boss is related to the "Yozora" secret ending. Might be the MoM for all we know.

I'm hoping the new keyblade is the Wreck it Ralph one from Union

UltimaXOmega

So original worlds will remain nonexistent and the paid DLC has no new Keyblades? Unless Xion is playable, it's a skip.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Various attendees have reported that Nomura confirmed more information will be released during the rainy season in Japan, which is June. So, expect some news at the LA Orchestra/E3 2019 :)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Various attendees have reported that Nomura confirmed more information will be released during the rainy season in Japan, which is June. So, expect some news at the LA Orchestra/E3 2019 :)
Yeah I figured this wasn't all of it. He did promise to explain Xion's return in DLC so we should expect more story related content

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The reaction to this should be joyous and celebratory, instead the insults/hate/negativity flows. People need to stop thinking that KH3 needs to be "fixed". They're just setting themselves up for disappointment by building it up in their minds that the DLC is going to "fix" what was "broken" in KH3. It's extra stuff for us to enjoy.

Venitas

I know this is probably a stretch, but with one of the episodes being called Limit...

What if the DLC keyblade gives you kh2 Limit Form (so a kh1 sora recolor)? And then the actual Limit episode relating to something in the kh1 era of the series?

Man, as much as KH3 bent me out of shape a little bit, just discussing this little bit of DLC has reminded me of why I love this series. The speculation is so fun, I know I will enjoy whatever the DLC ends up being. It wasnt until after about a week of beating the game that I realized I felt mostly negative about the game...but it was a joy to play.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I want a 20 minute fan theory video speculating the significance of why the e in ReMIND is lowercase.

drew0512

Awards
The reaction to this should be joyous and celebratory, instead the insults/hate/negativity flows. People need to stop thinking that KH3 needs to be "fixed". They're just setting themselves up for disappointment by building it up in their minds that the DLC is going to "fix" what was "broken" in KH3. It's extra stuff for us to enjoy.
While I agree that the constant whiny approach is exhausting, I don't really agree with the rest of your comment. KH3 is definitely not "broken" but there are some bad things about it (or better, some not-so-good- things) that could be easily improved, so I don't think people shouldn't have expectations. Think of KH2FM: they added Dodge Roll and Cavern of Remembrance because many people were complaining about the lack of DR and platforming. Having expectations is fine, as long as they're not over-expectations. We can't really tell people what they should or shouldn't expect though, so if they're setting up themselves for disappointment, that's on them.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Unless Xion is playable, it's a skip.
I feel this is an entirely reasonable bar to set and I share in this demand (not that there's anything in this world or the next that could move me to pay for more KH3).

You were just in another thread lecturing people about how they ought to direct their criticism of this game towards DLC development in order to address any lingering questions or concerns or desires they have about it.
I agree with you that people shouldn't be expecting DLC to "fix" KH3, but only to the extent that KH3 is so broken it realistically can't be fixed. There's nothing Nomura can do now but bandage the worst fractures and move on. Also, nobody called you in to police their impressions of information and product related to this game, but thanks for stopping by all the same.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
aibo's tweet says that Limit Episode has multiple bosses, but take with a grain of salt for now. Doesn't seem like anyone's repeating that specifically atm.

I want a 20 minute fan theory video speculating the significance of why the e in ReMIND is lowercase.

All KH titles with Re have an lowercase e.

Re: Chain of Memories
Re: coded
ReMIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back