• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Critical Mode Experience Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

drew0512

Awards
With that being said, for those who are experiencing the critical mode, do you think the challenge is fair or too situational?
I'm at the start of Toy Box and Critical has been completely fair to me so far, especially with a Vitality/Guardian build. Having a lot of abilities and tools at your disposal makes this Critical mode fairer compared to KH2's and BBS in my opinion.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
I'm at the start of Toy Box and Critical has been completely fair to me so far, especially with a Vitality/Guardian build. Having a lot of abilities and tools at your disposal makes this Critical mode fairer compared to KH2's and BBS in my opinion.
that how you do it each setting you play under you have choose right one that is what i going show in my stream tonight

kaseykockroach

Awards
Unlike KH2, pretty much all of KH3’s tools are fun to use to at least some degree.

Suddenly, that chat in Olympus where Sora’s feeling insecure and Donald and Goofy are all “You’re gonna get stronger!”, “He can take it!” is very fitting for what the player’s going through!

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Unlike KH2, pretty much all of KH3’s tools are fun to use to at least some degree.

Suddenly, that chat in Olympus where Sora’s feeling insecure and Donald and Goofy are all “You’re gonna get stronger!”, “He can take it!” is very fitting for what the player’s going through!
yes lol i feel so insecure on that mode lol

kaseykockroach

Awards
"More climbing?"
"Yep, and tough climbin' too!"
"We can do it! Come on!"
"But can we do it on Critical Mode?"
".....yeah, you're right, let's go home."
"Finally, Sora has a bright idea!"

kaseykockroach

Awards
I beat Rock Titan on my first try.

Wow, those fire dudes killed me ten times, but Rock Titan was a wimp.

I guess Goofy was right! They’re not so tough by themselves!

2 quid is good

Awards
So I glanced at my phone for a second and got one-shotted by Darkside. Brilliant, I'm glad I have to actually pay attention now. Then I proceeded to no damage him and it was very satisfying. Haven't gotten further than that though, and probably won't until FM drops.

HK Motendra

Awards
Idk about you all, but the titans were always my fav bosses of the game. At least, in regards to the Disney worlds with its use of mechanics that made them feel more distinct than others.

Also, in my journey with crit mode, you know whats a real viable strategy? Running away until the time is right. Once i sucked up my pride in Twilight Town, I was able to get past those first two battles, which with its environment, worked wonders

drew0512

Awards
I'm done with Toy Box and it has been a very nice experience so far. Challenging, but not impossible or too frustrating either.
The only thing I didn't like were the Gigas, which is not surprising because they were already a pain on Proud. Defeating one of them is nearly impossible without losing your sanity and it is a problem especially during the Ufo miniboss fight. KH3 knows hot to mitigate my frustrations though, and while the Gigas were a huge pain, I did enjoy defeating one of them (and the Ufo) by repeatedly jumping on a nearby trampoline. These little things and the interactivity with the environment make me love this game so much.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Idk about you all, but the titans were always my fav bosses of the game. At least, in regards to the Disney worlds with its use of mechanics that made them feel more distinct than others.

Also, in my journey with crit mode, you know whats a real viable strategy? Running away until the time is right. Once i sucked up my pride in Twilight Town, I was able to get past those first two battles, which with its environment, worked wonders

Implementing the famous Joestar Family Technique. Never fails. Honestly I had to do the same thing for Twilight Town, because I was getting sniped all over the street. I actually had an easier time with the Demon Tide which maybe only killed me three times.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Of course it has chip damage in, like, Twilight Town.
The fights themselves aren't too challenging so far. The boss fights I hated before still suck (all of them), mobs are a bit annoying when in big groups, but I'm managing.
Still..please. I just wanna do some goddamn damage.

drew0512

Awards
Of course it has chip damage in, like, Twilight Town.
The fights themselves aren't too challenging so far. The boss fights I hated before still suck (all of them), mobs are a bit annoying when in big groups, but I'm managing.
Still..please. I just wanna do some goddamn damage.
Are you doing a level 1 run?

Back