• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Source of the Abnormality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Say what you will about Nomura, but his in-universe explanations for time-traveling really make his iteration of time-traveling very limited and intuitive.

Hirokey123

Awards
That graph is fantastic thank you Sign! Hey I know people on gamefaqs were having problems understanding the latest update would it be okay, so long as I credit you of course, if it go share it there?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That graph is fantastic thank you Sign! Hey I know people on gamefaqs were having problems understanding the latest update would it be okay, so long as I credit you of course, if it go share it there?

Please go right ahead! :D

Update: made corrections following some back-n-forth on Twitter lol

Last edited:

Tempo

Awards
I dont have much to add here but I'm thinking that existing "outside of the timeline" may simply refer to GCS being a world that can't be physically reached, that doesn't physically exist anywhere in space/on any real world map whether in the past, present OR future, much like datascapes, dream worlds, 100 acre wood, and Space Paranoids. Therefore it's my assumption that game central station is a world similar to space paranoids, and may play a similar role/serve a similar purpose to it. In this case it may specifically function as a world that provides connections to various other worlds born from videogames, other worlds made of data, and now data daybreak town too. Perhaps we'll learn more about Verum Rex here?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I dont have much to add here but I'm thinking that existing "outside of the timeline" may simply refer to GCS being a world that can't be physically reached, that doesn't physically exist anywhere in space/on any real world map whether in the past, present OR future, much like datascapes, dream worlds, 100 acre wood, and Space Paranoids. Therefore it's my assumption that game central station is a world similar to space paranoids, and may play a similar role/serve a similar purpose to it. In this case it may specifically function as a world that provides connections to various other worlds born from videogames, other worlds made of data, and now data daybreak town too. Perhaps we'll learn more about Verum Rex here?
Interesting. Since Verum Rex IS a videogame, then GSC is the gateway to videogame based worlds. If so, does this mean that we could get more video games as worlds?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Update: made corrections following some back-n-forth on Twitter lol
Maybe that's too nosy but I'd love to read that conversation.

I still don't get what happened to the projected worlds from the future after the Keyblade War. Did they simply vanish or are they still connected to the real Daybreak Town?

Tempo

Awards
I still don't get what happened to the projected worlds from the future after the Keyblade War. Did they simply vanish or are they still connected to the real Daybreak Town?

If MoM or the Foretellers projected those worlds themselves then presumably they're no longer accessible since those folks aren't currently around (unless they're hiding somewhere or w/e). However, one of the Dandeleaders is supposed to have their own copy of the book. Idk if the copies have the same power as the original, but it's possible that that owner might know how to project them. I don't think it's gonna be important going forward though.

Also I have another question I posted on twitter: Why are the dandelions *supposed* to still be in the real daybreak town, and not the data world? I thought the whole point was that they had their memories of the war wiped and are now living in the datascape, and all the other wielders who died are "living" alongside them as data projections? Wouldn't the wielders still being in the real world ruin all of that? Or do the projections of their dead friends also extend *out* of the datascape and into the real world somehow? Every answer just gives me more questions :L

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Maybe that's too nosy but I'd love to read that conversation.

Haha, it's nothing interesting. But enough people objecting to my original placements of CoD and ED was enough to make me doubt myself, so I went back to check goldpanner's translations of Darkness's monologue rather than only referring to the official localization, which was what I originally used (the benefit of not having context when these scenes means our unofficial translations are a bit more straightforward). Darkness repeatedly referring to worlds that were "constructed in the real world", combined with the visual cues during the scene, was enough to signify to me that I was incorrect in my original interpretation and that the worlds likely all existed prior to the war and it was only a matter of which ones were projected from the BoP and which ones weren't.

Granted, CoD's inclusion in Strelitzia's flashback is still, I believe, an oversight as they were simply aiming to show that she had crossed paths with the player in every world.

With the projected worlds, I assumed they faded away. It's unclear since we don't know how exactly one would use the power of the BoP, but my personal interpretation was that it'd require a trigger of sorts from some external source, which would have been the Foretellers/MoM. With them no longer around, the projections couldn't remain active and just disappeared.

If MoM or the Foretellers projected those worlds themselves then presumably they're no longer accessible since those folks aren't currently around (unless they're hiding somewhere or w/e). However, one of the Dandeleaders is supposed to have their own copy of the book. Idk if the copies have the same power as the original, but it's possible that that owner might know how to project them. I don't think it's gonna be important going forward though.

I do wonder if the BoP left in the meeting room that Brain's been hogging for the past however many months is meant to be interpreted as the same one that was intended for the "little red circle".

As to your second question: I don't have an answer to it. I left it plainly as a sort of "will XXX? tune in next time" sort of thing, not expecting people to question it, which was a mistake on my part. I've rewritten a response like 5 times before giving up lol

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Japan is so lucky! Why do we have to wait and be behind on the story updates?
Japan's KHUx was released first. If I am not mistaken, since the days of Unchained x, our app was released like maybe four months after the Japanese version. Other than that, there is either no interest in SE of Japan to streamline the West's story, SE NA sucks, or all of the above.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Japan's KHUx was released first. If I am not mistaken, since the days of Unchained x, our app was released like maybe four months after the Japanese version. Other than that, there is either no interest in SE of Japan to streamline the West's story, SE NA sucks, or all of the above.

6 months. I believe with today's Global update, the gap has dropped to 4 months. The schedule is very inconsistent though for both versions.

Global typically gets story updates on the first Thursday of the month. Back in February, they received a total of 3 sets of story quests, with two bundled together in a single update. They skipped story updates completely in March, and then got 2 in April.

JP used to get updates on the second Thursday of the month. Then it dropped to the third. Then it dropped to the last Thursday in January to time its release with KH3's secret ending. But now we're back to the second Thursday.

Frankly, I have no idea what either SENA or SEJP are doing lol.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
6 months. I believe with today's Global update, the gap has dropped to 4 months. The schedule is very inconsistent though for both versions.

Global typically gets story updates on the first Thursday of the month. Back in February, they received a total of 3 sets of story quests, with two bundled together in a single update. They skipped story updates completely in March, and then got 2 in April.

JP used to get updates on the second Thursday of the month. Then it dropped to the third. Then it dropped to the last Thursday in January to time its release with KH3's secret ending. But now we're back to the second Thursday.

Frankly, I have no idea what either SENA or SEJP are doing lol.
Just reapin' on the microtransactions. It'd be good if whatever next update, season 3 or whatever comes around, should be released globally, seeing as how the mobile game really ended up being vital to KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Just reapin' on the microtransactions. It'd be good if whatever next update, season 3 or whatever comes around, should be released globally, seeing as how the mobile game really ended up being vital to KH3.

Perhaps the gap will eventually decrease from months to a number of weeks, but realistically, I don't think they will ever be on the same schedule.

Back