• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 deleted scenes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
So we know of at least one deleted scene, or at least a deleted part of a scene, which is when Rex “introduces” Donald and Goofy as “Yozora’s” sidekicks.

I’m wondering if there are any other deleted scenes or parts of scenes. Do you think they’d be restored in DLC? Idk why they deleted that part in the Toy Box scene, it’s not like they were worried about time, since that world had the longest scenes in the game imo haha (besides KG)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I'm not quite sure why they cut that part of Toy Box myself. Good thing it was leaked, otherwise we wouldnt know the names of Yozora's companions until the next game.

A scene that I felt may have been cut was an explanation on what Marluxia did to Gothel. He seemed to entrance her during their meeting yet nothing came from that strangely. If they include scenes like that in the DLC that would be much appreciated

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I'm not quite sure why they cut that part of Toy Box myself. Good thing it was leaked, otherwise we wouldnt know the names of Yozora's companions until the next game.

A scene that I felt may have been cut was an explanation on what Marluxia did to Gothel. He seemed to entrance her during their meeting yet nothing came from that strangely. If they include scenes like that in the DLC that would be much appreciated

I think they cut it specifically because Nomura probably intends to change the names of Yozora’s companions.

Magia and Aegis are cool names but they don’t fit with Yozora thematically, and Nomura’s all about thematic resonance.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So we know of at least one deleted scene, or at least a deleted part of a scene, which is when Rex “introduces” Donald and Goofy as “Yozora’s” sidekicks.

I’m wondering if there are any other deleted scenes or parts of scenes. Do you think they’d be restored in DLC? Idk why they deleted that part in the Toy Box scene, it’s not like they were worried about time, since that world had the longest scenes in the game imo haha (besides KG)
I think they cut the scene because it gave too much side info about Yozora/Verum Rex. It would put him into a situation where he would have to live up to what he stated IE Yozora's companions look like Donald and Goofy and their names being Magia/Aegis. It's better to have Nomura figure out what he wants and then implement it, rather than have him backtrack and explain stuff that he didn't mean to be so crucial to the game.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there were scenes cut in Corona. The whole satchel thing felt weird and unexplained, like one cutscene would have been enough to explain it.

I would have mentioned Arendelle, but there was edited exactly to Disney's request. So any strange things that happened, I assume were because Disney told them that's all they could do (I'm looking at Hans).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think they cut it specifically because Nomura probably intends to change the names of Yozora’s companions.

Magia and Aegis are cool names but they don’t fit with Yozora thematically, and Nomura’s all about thematic resonance.
So they'll have Japanese translated names to match Yozora? If that's the intent I could see their new names being Maho(Magic) and Shirudo(Shield). The Stella look a like might be named Hoshi(Star) as well

Awards
I think they cut the scene because it gave too much side info about Yozora/Verum Rex. It would put him into a situation where he would have to live up to what he stated IE Yozora's companions look like Donald and Goofy and their names being Magia/Aegis. It's better to have Nomura figure out what he wants and then implement it, rather than have him backtrack and explain stuff that he didn't mean to be so crucial to the game.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there were scenes cut in Corona. The whole satchel thing felt weird and unexplained, like one cutscene would have been enough to explain it.

I would have mentioned Arendelle, but there was edited exactly to Disney's request. So any strange things that happened, I assume were because Disney told them that's all they could do (I'm looking at Hans).

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about that. Mother Gothel clearly sees it under the stairs after Rapunzel escapes, and yet the next time we see it, Rapunzel gives it to Eugene like she promised. How did she get it if she left it in the tower? There's lots of plot holes that could potentially have deleted scenes in the game tbh... like the entire graveyard scene.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about that. Mother Gothel clearly sees it under the stairs after Rapunzel escapes, and yet the next time we see it, Rapunzel gives it to Eugene like she promised. How did she get it if she left it in the tower? There's lots of plot holes that could potentially have deleted scenes in the game tbh... like the entire graveyard scene.
I literally played over Kingdom of Corona today and that was the one glaring problem with the world. I just assumed that Mother Gothel took it since she found it, but when Rapunzel sees Gothel after the lanterns are released she reacts as if it's the first time meeting her since leaving the tower, so... maybe Gothel gave it to someone who gave it to Rapunzel? I haven't seen Tangled in ages, so I really can't even remember what the satchel was about.

disney233

Awards
I literally played over Kingdom of Corona today and that was the one glaring problem with the world. I just assumed that Mother Gothel took it since she found it, but when Rapunzel sees Gothel after the lanterns are released she reacts as if it's the first time meeting her since leaving the tower, so... maybe Gothel gave it to someone who gave it to Rapunzel? I haven't seen Tangled in ages, so I really can't even remember what the satchel was about.

Gothel gave it to Repunzel. And if I recall there was a point in the game where Sora, Donald, and Goofy parted ways with the two. Or rather they SHOWED Gothel the direction to them....I think. Odds are the crown falling into Repunzel's hand happened between those moments. Possibly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I also found the scene where Sora gets put to sleep and the scene when he wakes up rather odd. Like there was supposed to be more considering how it transitions.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Gothel gave it to Repunzel. And if I recall there was a point in the game where Sora, Donald, and Goofy parted ways with the two. Or rather they SHOWED Gothel the direction to them....I think. Odds are the crown falling into Repunzel's hand happened between those moments. Possibly.
When the Nobodies/Marluxia appeared for the first time, Sora tells Rapunzel/Flynn to go ahead. Then you meet back up with them and only lose them in your party once you arrive in Corona. Maybe Rapunzel bumped into Gothel while Sora and company were fighting the Nobodies and Flynn's back was turned? But why wouldn't she just take Rapunzel back then and there?

Also after Sora gets put to sleep, it's odd how Flynn/Maximus come together looking for Rapunzel as if they knew something bad had happened. Possibly an encounter with Marluxia/Gothel?

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Yeah, Rapunzel and Flynn split up from SDG after the Nobody fight, then SDG talk to Gothel, and then when SDG meet up with Rapunzel again she's talking to the horse.
This implies that the Snugly Duckling scene, the escape into the cave where Rapunzel reveals her powers to Flynn, him telling her his real name, and the reprise of Mother Knows Best where Gothel gives Rapunzel the satchel telling her to give it to Flynn to test if he can really be trusted, all happen in between those two points (and since that last scene happens at night, it indicates that SDG didn't meet up with Rapunzel until the following morning). A scene to explain why he walked off since the Stabbington Brothers, who were the reason he left with the satchel in the first place, were cut would have been appreciated.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So they'll have Japanese translated names to match Yozora? If that's the intent I could see their new names being Maho(Magic) and Shirudo(Shield). The Stella look a like might be named Hoshi(Star) as well
If Yozora means "Night Sky" like Noctis Caelum, then it's likely the others expies will follow suit and share name meanings with their counterparts.

So whatever "Fire Nerd" "Sword Bro" and "Star Sword" would be. Although I can see Nomura going with "Shield Bro" and "Flower" (fleurette) instead of the fencing foil (fleuret)

I also found the scene where Sora gets put to sleep and the scene when he wakes up rather odd. Like there was supposed to be more considering how it transitions.
Like rescuing Flynn instead of it somehow resolving itself while Sora was snoozing.

disney233

Awards
Yeah, Rapunzel and Flynn split up from SDG after the Nobody fight, then SDG talk to Gothel, and then when SDG meet up with Rapunzel again she's talking to the horse.
This implies that the Snugly Duckling scene, the escape into the cave where Rapunzel reveals her powers to Flynn, him telling her his real name, and the reprise of Mother Knows Best where Gothel gives Rapunzel the satchel telling her to give it to Flynn to test if he can really be trusted, all happen in between those two points (and since that last scene happens at night, it indicates that SDG didn't meet up with Rapunzel until the following morning). A scene to explain why he walked off since the Stabbington Brothers, who were the reason he left with the satchel in the first place, were cut would have been appreciated.

Given how the three met up with Repunzel and Flynn when they met with Maximus...the scene literally AFTER the very scenes you mentioned....then yes. That's what they're implying.

seasaltskye

I definitely thought this too! I remember wondering when Sora woke up, “what was the point in that? Just to stall him?” How he was put to sleep and how long the scene lasted I was waiting for him to have some sort of vision or some sort of connection to somebody for some reason but no. It definitely feels like something was there before and they cut it out because it last way too long to simply be a “I just need time to run away” move

Awards
I definitely thought this too! I remember wondering when Sora woke up, “what was the point in that? Just to stall him?” How he was put to sleep and how long the scene lasted I was waiting for him to have some sort of vision or some sort of connection to somebody for some reason but no. It definitely feels like something was there before and they cut it out because it last way too long to simply be a “I just need time to run away” move
Him getting put to sleep so easily was a reference to DDD where Sora fell into a deep sleep pretty much right at the start of the game and becoming vulnerable to being preyed on by org13. Marluxia found it super easy to make him fall asleep again because of it. Which.... kinda makes it dumb how easily he was woken up by getting tossed in the water, like why didn't Riku try that in DDD?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Him getting put to sleep so easily was a reference to DDD where Sora fell into a deep sleep pretty much right at the start of the game and becoming vulnerable to being preyed on by org13. Marluxia found it super easy to make him fall asleep again because of it. Which.... kinda makes it dumb how easily he was woken up by getting tossed in the water, like why didn't Riku try that in DDD?

He didn’t get tossed in water. They had Maximus lick him or breathe in his face or something.

seasaltskye

Completely forgot about that because it’s been so long since I’ve played DDD, honestly. Guess I definitely need to now! But how he got woken up does seem a bit too simple. And wonder if it’s now another hint towards the sequel involving TWEWY since that played a big factor in DDD too

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Completely forgot about that because it’s been so long since I’ve played DDD, honestly. Guess I definitely need to now! But how he got woken up does seem a bit too simple. And wonder if it’s now another hint towards the sequel involving TWEWY since that played a big factor in DDD too

I don't think that the scene necessarily was hinting at TWEWY. I do think the scene could very well have something to do with overall theme of death and sleep in KH3, but it wasn't directly linking to TWEWY per say.

So Riku should have tried licking Sora, then.

Yeah, obviously. That's what the power of true love's kiss is all about, anyways. It's not the love––it's the spit.

redcrown

Awards
I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet how they actually animated a different version of the paopu scene where Sora and Kairi don't share one at all. Nomura supposedly didn't want it to be "romantic".

It definitely paints a picture for me of how uncommitted he actually is to it.

Back