• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Forum Software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Circle or Square

• Circle

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Square

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LostArtist

Awards
Why not change the "like system" into just emoji responses (of course, KH themed)? Smile emoji can be Sora, Grumpy emoji can be Riku, Sad emoji can be Roxas/Xion etc.
that's kinda like the same thing, but that's cute

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Whoa, I did not see this coming. I welcome the change. Cool to see you guys finally switch from vBulletin to Xen.

Here are some recommendations:

1) Change avatars back to square instead of circle.
2) It looks like apostrophes (') didn't transfer over well and render a weird code.
3) Pressing home now takes you to the actual home page instead of the forum home. I know you can press forums to bring you back, but perhaps this will take some time getting used too.
4) I couldn't find a way to cancel a reply. And when I leave the thread and come back, the quoted reply is still there just not submitted. Not sure how to fix.

That's all I got for now.

Last edited:

LostArtist

Awards
3) Pressing home now takes you to the actual home page instead of the forum home. I know you can press forums to bring you back, but perhaps this will take some time getting used too.
I actually like this, I remember wanting to go back to the 'news' page and having to retype khinsider because I didn't know to click on 'news,' and it took me a while to figure out how to get to that page
I feel like 'home' taking you to that page is much much clearer/that page fits better with the button 'home'

plus forums is highlighted
4) I couldn't find a way to cancel a reply. And when I leave the thread and come back, the quoted reply is still there just not submitted. Not sure how to fix.
does refreshing the page work?

I see a certain someone is using the like feature :unsure:

LostArtist

Awards
Links are broken for videos. :'(
just paste the video url and it embeds it for you
it'll probably work for your sig too

edit, I tested it out on sigs, it works too, just past the vid url directly and it will automatically embed it

Phantom

Wow, the site looks great! I noticed there was an update going on yesterday, but I didn't expect it to be this big.

I especially like the new alert system, it's really handy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wow, the site looks great! I noticed there was an update going on yesterday, but I didn't expect it to be this big.

It’s been something requested for years that wasn’t possible on the old forums. Knowing this type of forum allows for that function was a big part of the decision to move here! I’m glad you like it :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It’s been something requested for years that wasn’t possible on the old forums. Knowing this type of forum allows for that function was a big part of the decision to move here! I’m glad you like it :D
Just testing the "new" multi-quote system.
Works, but it's a little hassle that it always jumps down to the end of the page for each one and what about wanting to quote stuff from multiple pages in long discussions?

The new system surely looks shiny and I'm positive that there are still many things that right now are pointed out as missing just need to be tweaked and set accordingly in the settings.
Have to agree with several others though about the tiny round avatars. It's jarring to see it this small.
Also, my bookmarks for certain specific threads do not seem to work anymore as I'm redirected only to a general forum page.
Pinned threads seem also to be gone/not pinned anymore.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just testing the "new" multi-quote system.
Works, but it's a little hassle that it always jumps down to the end of the page for each one and what about wanting to quote stuff from multiple pages in long discussions?

The new system surely looks shiny and I'm positive that there are still many things that right now are pointed out as missing just need to be tweaked and set accordingly in the settings.
Have to agree with several others though about the tiny round avatars. It's jarring to see it this small.
Also, my bookmarks for certain specific threads do not seem to work anymore as I'm redirected only to a general forum page.
Pinned threads seem also to be gone/not pinned anymore.
Are there any specific pinned threads you noticed that aren’t there?

As far as I am aware, pinned threads are still there. They have a little pin next to them. There just isn’t any separation flare between them and regular threads so it looks like there aren’t any pinned threads. It’s certainly something flagged because we would like the visual separation flare to be back.

And on the topic of the links not working, we are no longer forums.khinsider.com so any url with that redirects to the main forum page which is now khinsider.com/forums. You just have to update your bookmarks, sorry!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are there any specific pinned threads you noticed that aren’t there?

As far as I am aware, pinned threads are still there. They have a little pin next to them. There just isn’t any separation flare between them and regular threads so it looks like there aren’t any pinned threads. It’s certainly something flagged because we would like the visual separation flare to be back.

And on the topic of the links not working, we are no longer forums.khinsider.com so any url with that redirects to the main forum page which is now khinsider.com/forums. You just have to update your bookmarks, sorry!

Jeez, I didn't notice that small pin on the far right side at all.
I'm so used to pinned threads being more visually separated from regular ones that I simply didn't register them as still pinned.
So it's just a thing of appearance after all.

As for the bookmarks, oh well, Ctrl+H is your friend. :rolleyes:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is a surprise to be sure but a welcome one. I'm liking it so far.

Quick question, are you guys able to bring back signatures? It just wouldn't feel the same without them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is a surprise to be sure but a welcome one. I'm liking it so far.

Quick question, are you guys able to bring back signatures? It just wouldn't feel the same without them.
Eh?

I still have my signature and I see yours too, what do you mean?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Eh?

I still have my signature and I see yours too, what do you mean?
They don’t show on mobile. I’ll check if it’s a setting users have to enable themselves or if it’s something we have to put into the software.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Despite me liking all of Spock's posts just to be a butt (haha, sorry 😂), I do agree that we should ditch the "like" system.

Rep was a neat idea back in the day, but definitely went south. I remember being given negative rep at one point simply for stating an anime was overrated. Rep was highly used by certain groups and it messed with the more casual forumgoers for sure.

In regards to likes, I dislike them for a different reason than rep, but still a reason Spock mentioned. It discourages conversation and in-depth replies. It's so easy to decide just to smack like when you like something and not reply. That is NOT me saying that nobody would reply, I know some of you chit-chatters would be fine. But there are definitely those who would maybe 80% of the time just be liking or laugh reaction or whatever as they scroll and leave it at that. We see it on facebook all the time. People post statuses, and they'll have 52 reactions with maybe 1 or 2 comments sometimes. I personally would rather someone try to initiate conversation about whatever it is than just "like" it.

I don't know, for the purpose of our forums, for bringing people together with similar interests to have meaningful and fun/goofy conversations, I think we benefit more from not having the like system than we would from having it. We've went without it this long.

ALSO THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THE SHINY NEW FORUM AND I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET INSERT OWEN WILSON WOW! For real, this is great! Was sad at first that sigs were gone but then I saw that it was a mobile version thing. The mobile version is easier on the eyes for reading, but I like the desktop version feeling more akin to what I'm used to with the old site haha. I'll probably go back and forth then just land on the mobile version.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Woa. Shiny shiny.

I did notice that when I got up this morning that we have trophies now for posting (got a few when I came on). And yeah, the avatars are kinda jarring, but I guess if you can't change it we'll get used to it. ^^

[Edit] Also if you're like me and have a link to a thread in your sig, I found out you have to update it, but considering on RPGamer I've been though 3 (!!) forum software changes before they settled on Vanilla Forums, I think that's just a small issue.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Gah, another forum lost to XenForo. =( I always loved vBulletin. Guess I'm old-fashioned. But I don't like XenForo and the fact that minimizing sections never sticks (or is non-existent altogether on this forum), the avatars being slightly blurred, etc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Gah, another forum lost to XenForo. =( I always loved vBulletin. Guess I'm old-fashioned. But I don't like XenForo and the fact that minimizing sections never sticks (or is non-existent altogether on this forum), the avatars being slightly blurred, etc.
There were just too many advances for XenForo over our old vBulletin. That was so old we couldn’t change a single thing without seven things breaking.

But now we can embed tweets, people are notified of replies and quotes, moderators can send messages to people when merging posts instead of posting reminders to not double post etc. Ultimately this change was all for the best. We will miss vBulletin but we are so happy with the change.

Back