• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

100% First Run of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Spawnling

Hello! I'm right now doing a 100% first run of Kingdom Hearts (basically, trying to do everything I possibly can on the first run) and I want your help! Now, for those who may not know and are looking at this thread for any insight on the game or anyone needs further explaining, let me explain. A 100% run is basically achieving everything in the game, defeating EVERY boss, doing ALL the side quests, all the cool stuff. I don't know if there's a difference between a 100% First Run and getting a game to 100% but I'm doing a 100% First Run. What does this mean? Well, I'm trying to achieve everything and also get the Deep Dive of the secret ending! Since I've never done this before and still pretty new to Kingdom Hearts, I'm asking for help.

Well, it's not really help, more advice that I want! If any of you can give me some, I'd love that! Now, to help you guys determine WHAT advice you should give me, I'm going to put down my goals and what I have already done! So, let's get started!

Checklist

• Collect all 99 Dalmations
  • Defeat The Phantom
  • Defeat Kurt Zisa
  • Defeat Ice Titan
  • Defeat Sephiroth
  • Defeat Unknown
  • Collect All The Torn Pages
  • Seal All The World Keyholes
  • Achieve All The Trinity Points
  • Do All The Gummi Missions
  • Get Max Points In All Minigames
  • Get All Of Goofy and Donald's Equipment
  • Complete Jiminy's Jounral
What I Have Done

• Collected All The Torn Pages
  • Have Sealed All The Keyholes Up To Hollow Bastion

So, if there is anything I had missed then tell me and I will update this! I will also update this whenever I achieve a goal or get closer to a goal! I will try to respond to any comments to this threat and maybe explain further on how I'm playing the game and any other information you guys need.

Update 03/24/2019: I have gotten to Hollow Bastion and completed it, I realized that I may burn out because of all the stuff I have to do to get to 100% so I decided to make two save files for this. One is a normal run, the other is 100% (or simply the Deep Dive run, never had a fun time with the Gummi Minigames so I never realized that there were actually missions for that). Also, thanks to okhi12 I actually know there's a lot more to 100% than I listed! So, I have changed my goals to fit what I exactly need.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
There is a keykole in the Coliseum, but you have access to it with a yellow trinity, you won't miss it. There is no particular advice I can give to you, as there isn't any important missables. A few cutscenes play differently depending on the order that you visit the worlds, but that's irrelevant to achieve 100%. My only advice won't help because you already completed that world, but when you fought Sabor in the treehouse of Deep Jungle he should have made a hole on the floor. It doesn't happen always, so there is a chance that he didn't. That hole is important because it helps with a strategy in order to get the better rewards with the pink agaricus heartless, but you can do it anyway without the hole. There are special items that you obtain when you succesfully please the mushroom like heartless, so you should include that in your checklist. Getting good scores in the jungle slide and the hundred acre wood minigames should be one of your goals, too. Completing Jiminy's Journal is required for 100%. And there is a fight against someone in a black coat who is a superboss. That is a must. Getting all weapons for Sora, Donald and Goofy (in case you don't know there are a staff and shield dropped by the sorceress and defender heartless, respectively, although the rate is very low). Complete synthesis list, for which you'll have to fight some special heartless. And that's all I can remember now. I never bothered with the gummi missions, but you can do that too.

Spawnling

Wow, Square Enix really went all out for content when it came to this game! Not to mention the difficulty of the secret bosses, I have a good few months on my hand! Thank you for telling me this, this might be a lesson for me to research the runs I want to do first before jumping in headfirst.

Awards
Wow, Square Enix really went all out for content when it came to this game! Not to mention the difficulty of the secret bosses, I have a good few months on my hand! Thank you for telling me this, this might be a lesson for me to research the runs I want to do first before jumping in headfirst.

It's kind of eerie when you realize how much of that content wasn't in the very first release in Japan; the only secret boss back then was the Phantom. (Yes, there was a time where there wasn't a Sephiroth fight in the first game to have a Sephiroth fight.)

But this has nothing on the kind of post-release content that was added to KH2...

Back