• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Dingbat In Black"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone know who the "Dingbat in Black" Pete references in KH3 is? He says that this person told Maleficent about the Book of Prophecies/the black box. I went back to reCODED and couldn't find a scene about it. Was there ever a scene about this in reCODED/0.2 or did this happen in KHUX?

Arcane

Does anyone know who the "Dingbat in Black" Pete references in KH3 is? He says that this person told Maleficent about the Book of Prophecies/the black box. I went back to reCODED and couldn't find a scene about it. Was there ever a scene about this in reCODED/0.2 or did this happen in KHUX?

Union Cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOlbdCE-EoI&t=74s

I personally think it's Vanitas. which makes sense. After Sora defeats him he would be able to travel back in time to where Ventus is in Union Cross since he is still part of Ventus at that point.

Also the character in union cross refers to himself as "darkness" and Vanitas says "I am Darkness" right before disappearing

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Union Cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOlbdCE-EoI&t=74s

I personally think it's Vanitas. which makes sense. After Sora defeats him he would be able to travel back in time to where Ventus is in Union Cross since he is still part of Ventus at that point.

Also the character in union cross refers to himself as "darkness" and Vanitas says "I am Darkness" right before disappearing

Thank you for the video!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
You sure that the "dingbat in black" was Xigbar/Luxu, Vanitas or the Darkness that Maleficent conversed in Union X that Pete was referring to?

He probably was referring to Hades if you ask me (cause he also wore black, of course not a dark robe like the Organization XII members) because both Maleficent and Pete arrived in Olympus and met Hades with the former asking him about a "black box" in this world to which Hades assumed it was the one Zeus hid on earth (Pandora's Box) and directed them to the box's location in Thebes. On top of that, Maleficent told Pete that this was the "only clue" they had from Hades to find the box and wouldn't dismiss it without a thorough investigation. Upon Pete finding Pandora's Box, she was disappointed as it was not the one she was looking for resulting in Pete and Maleficent leaving Olympus.

Also, I don't know about you guys but didn't Xigbar basically came to Olympus because he more than likely overheard Maleficent and Pete's conversation to Hades about the Black Box off-screen? Because he did eavedrop the duo when they uncovered Pandora's Box and felt disappointed it wasn't the one the Organization was also looking for while saying "May your heart be your guiding key."

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don't think that the "dingbat in black" was Xigbar/Luxu, Vanitas or the Darkness that Maleficent conversed in Union X that Pete was referring.

He probably was referring to Hades if you ask me (cause he also wore black, of course not a dark robe like the Organization XII members) because both Maleficent and Pete arrived in Olympus and met Hades with the former asking him about a "black box" in this world to which Hades assumed it was the one Zeus hid on earth (Pandora's Box) and directed them to the box's location in Thebes. On top of that, Maleficent told Pete that this was the "only clue" they had from Hades to find the box and wouldn't dismiss it without a thorough investigation. Upon Pete finding Pandora's Box, she was disappointed as it was not the one she was looking for resulting in Pete and Maleficent leaving Olympus.

Also, I don't know about you guys but didn't Xigbar basically came to Olympus because he more than likely overheard Maleficent and Pete's conversation to Hades about the Black Box off-screen? Because he did eavedrop the duo when they uncovered Pandora's Box and felt disappointed wasn't the one the Organization was also looking for while saying "May your heart be your guiding key."

Pretty sure he did mean Darkness or whoever originally told Maleficent about the box. Seeing he talked about them being on a wild goose chase, and we saw them going from world to world looking for a black box, that contains what Maleficent thinks is the book of prophecies. According to the Ultimania she'll come to believe that in a future update of KHuX

SerDuncan

I don't think that the "dingbat in black" was Xigbar/Luxu, Vanitas or the Darkness that Maleficent conversed in Union X that Pete was referring.

Also, I don't know about you guys but didn't Xigbar basically came to Olympus because he more than likely overheard Maleficent and Pete's conversation to Hades about the Black Box off-screen? Because he did eavedrop the duo when they uncovered Pandora's Box and felt disappointed wasn't the one the Organization was also looking for while saying "May your heart be your guiding key."

No, in Olympus, I think he's manipulating Maleficent in some way. From the information we've been given... Luxu already has the black box at this point. So he's following Maleficent around, probably prodding her towards a specific action. I think it's likely he might have also been "the Darkness" in union cross. Trying to get Maleficent to follow a path towards.... something.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
No, in Olympus, I think he's manipulating Maleficent in some way. From the information we've been given... Luxu already has the black box at this point. So he's following Maleficent around, probably prodding her towards a specific action. I think it's likely he might have also been "the Darkness" in union cross. Trying to get Maleficent to follow a path towards.... something.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
No, in Olympus, I think he's manipulating Maleficent in some way. From the information we've been given... Luxu already has the black box at this point. So he's following Maleficent around, probably prodding her towards a specific action.
I still think he eavesdrop them and followed them while trying to look for the box, if you ask me. :/

On top of that Xigbar also to a degree manipulated Organization XIII and Xehanort (not really) to look for the box as well. Even Larxene was frustrated with Xigbar when he told them about the Box's existence.
What "important role"? That stupid box that Xigbar claims is real, but won't tell us a thing about?

To be honest, other than Xigbar and Luxord who were the only ones looking for the box, the rest of the Organization were just in the Disney worlds either looking for the New Seven Hearts (In Marluxia and Larxene's case in Corona and Arendelle) or doing Research for the Replica program to fill their thirteen members (Young Xehanort in Toy Box, Dark Riku in San Fransokyo). Vanitas was the ONLY one not doing any of the stuff that Xigbar and the Organization was doing in KH3 (looking for the Black Box, New Seven Hearts, Replicas) as he came to Monstropolis to collect Screams and negative emotions from Monstropolis (while at the same time using Randall for his own use) and trying to merge his heart into Ventus.

Apparently, the upcoming Re: Mind dlc will have Luxord and Xigbar confronting each other in Olympus before the former leaves and tosses Xigbar the card before he asks him "Who are you?".

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The person cant't be Hades because Maleficent and Pete already know about the Blackbox. Also, we can't assume that Darkness is the same person that told Maleficent about the Blackbox. We know he told her that there are other ways to circumvent the law of time traveling, but we don't know if he was the person responsible of telling Maleficent about the Box.

It's possible that it was Luxigbar who told her, and everyone that knows about the Box. I mean, everyone was in a wild goose chase for the Box, yet we see Luxu carrying it with the Foretellers. Whatever Luxu was trying to accomplish by sending everyone in a wild goose chase for the Box, he seemingly accomplished it and got the Box anyways.

...or, y'know, it was Nomura that sent everyone in a wild goose chase for the Box in an effort to give the Box some sort of narrative importance, only for it to be underwhelmingly revealed in the end of the game.

Eonstar890

Awards
I know for a fact that luxu cannot also be “darkness” since he refers to that entity in his writings in the secret report. I kind of like the theory that it’s Vanitas, especially because that means we will get to see more of him.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The person cant't be Hades because Maleficent and Pete already know about the Blackbox. Also, we can't assume that Darkness is the same person that told Maleficent about the Blackbox. We know he told her that there are other ways to circumvent the law of time traveling, but we don't know if he was the person responsible of telling Maleficent about the Box.

It's possible that it was Luxigbar who told her, and everyone that knows about the Box. I mean, everyone was in a wild goose chase for the Box, yet we see Luxu carrying it with the Foretellers. Whatever Luxu was trying to accomplish by sending everyone in a wild goose chase for the Box, he seemingly accomplished it and got the Box anyways.

...or, y'know, it was Nomura that sent everyone in a wild goose chase for the Box in an effort to give the Box some sort of narrative importance, only for it to be underwhelmingly revealed in the end of the game.
Yeah that's what happens when Nomura "shoehorned" the X/Union X stuff meant for the next saga after DDD came out and before KH3.

Last edited:
Back