• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
What is the thing in the head of snowman Donald?

[video]https://youtu.be/dvRK6qYKfXY?t=3837[/video]

Hirokey123

Awards
Speed is depicted as his primary attribute.
"Quick attacks are his forte." In the BBS character selection screen. D-linking with him also grants haste.

Likewise, strength is attributed to Terra, and magic to Aqua.
Yes and? It doesn't matter if speed is his primary attribute when we've had plenty of characters fight virtually as fast and do many faster more impressive feats, again MX out sped Ventus in the very game in which Ventus was introduced. Ventus's gimmick is he has a fast combo and that's it and it's just a gameplay thing honestly. Because Terra is supposed to be the strength guy but you see Aqua matching him blow for blow in cutscenes. So I think it's pretty clear that while they might have specialities it's not a drastic difference in the actual heat of battle.

snow_flake40

Awards
I'm surprised no one still asked Nomura why Riku got a new haircut after facing Demon Tower for the first time. I assume that's connected to when Riku Replica decided to join him, but I would like to read his explanation.

Kairi and Sora also got haircuts after changing into their KH3 gear, I figured it was just to update their designs for the new graphical style. I wish Axel got a bit of a change in hair actually, just to shake it up.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Kairi and Sora also got haircuts after changing into their KH3 gear, I figured it was just to update their designs for the new graphical style. I wish Axel got a bit of a change in hair actually, just to shake it up.

Riku retained his old hairstyle after changing into his new outfit though. His hair only changed after being attacked. So either the Heartless ate his hair, Mickey cut it while he was unconscious, or some magic happened when Riku Replica joined with Riku.

I guess two Rikus have better hair than one or something.

LostArtist

Awards
hahaha, in all seriousness though, idk how many of you have read it already but there is a theory doc called the sleeping realm theory. It includes analyzing details like riku's hair change

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is how big the Ultimania is. 0_0
https://twitter.com/lunesacree/status/1102156449264762880

hahaha, in all seriousness though, idk how many of you have read it already but there is a theory doc called the sleeping realm theory. It includes analyzing details like riku's hair change
I've read it but forgotten a lot of the details. One thing I do remember from the theory was Riku's hair change being a sign that the events in KH3 are taking place in the Sleeping Realm because he inexplicably had a similar hairstyle change in DDD.

But if Riku was a Dream Eater again then wouldn't the DE emblem appear on his back?

Although that could explain why Riku's why are green now. His Disposition changed!

kaseykockroach

Awards
KH3 was the best I've ever heard Bret Iwan's Mickey sound in anything. But, looking back to Wayne Allwine in KH2, it's still a shame Iwan still can't sound as 'mature' (for lack of a better word) compared to Allwine's performance.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The official Kingdom Hearts facebook page has been on a roll in making fans laugh, even though unintentionally.

They now released a Kairi's hype video saying

"This time, I'll protect you!"
It's Kairi's turn to fight in KINGDOM HEARTS III!
And fans are asking if they even played the game.

The best one is still when they wanted to post Nomura's special thank you video some days ago, but they didn't realize the video hadn't been uploaded so the post stayed like this for some hours/days:

It's been one month since the launch of KINGDOM HEARTS III!
To celebrate, take a look at this special thank you from Tetsuya Nomura and the KINGDOM HEARTS team:

It's fixed now, but fans reactions are still there. :tongue:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Kairi was great!...off-screen. For a few seconds, I guess. If you don't think about it for too long.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

More often than not, they've played the game before it's publicly released. The caption was probably agreed upon by Square Enix and Disney before posting as a means of marketing.

Kingdom Hearts is a character-driven franchise, they're advertising the characters to incentives more people to play the game.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
To be fair Aqua doesn't know Kairi ended up on Destiny Island nor was she herself aware of the fact that she bequeathed Kairi with a Keyblade so there's no way of her bringing it up.
And that's just it, these characters have no business being in a room together except for the purely mechanical function of awkardly fumbling through the reader's digest of past KH titles as is the case with too many of the scenes and sequences throughout the game. But this particular meeting has two ostensible objectives, which is to set up the approach of the climax, which fails both because the preceding story content has no build and the scene itself has zero tension, and to describe the connections between these characters, which it demerits as, essentially, window dressing with no weight or meaning. As such, it captures the core failure of KH3 in that character encounters that should feel meaningful are rendered as arbitrary, scripted as obligations and effectively divorced from the emotional groundwork that contextualizes them, with sloppy self-referential humor substituted in its place. This is a series in which magical key swords open mysterious doors and can pull a person's soul from their body but the best way Nomura can think to tell the story of the finale is by having our protagonists stare at a smartphone screen or doze their way through dynamically stagnant scenes and dialogue that could have been written for a sitcom, if it wasn't so formless and dull.

LostArtist

Awards
This is how big the Ultimania is. 0_0
https://twitter.com/lunesacree/status/1102156449264762880

I've read it but forgotten a lot of the details. One thing I do remember from the theory was Riku's hair change being a sign that the events in KH3 are taking place in the Sleeping Realm because he inexplicably had a similar hairstyle change in DDD.

But if Riku was a Dream Eater again then wouldn't the DE emblem appear on his back?

Although that could explain why Riku's why are green now. His Disposition changed!

you got them there haha.

it's such a well made theory doc overall tho, like oh my yen sid!

LostArtist

Awards
The official Kingdom Hearts facebook page has been on a roll in making fans laugh, even though unintentionally.

They now released a Kairi's hype video saying

The best one is still when they wanted to post Nomura's special thank you video some days ago, but they didn't realize the video hadn't been uploaded so the post stayed like this for some hours/days:

It's fixed now, but fans reactions are still there. :tongue:

omfg have you seen the twitter replies? HAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1102252296346501120

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Wait what? Vanitas was from the Past? I thought he was like Ven. What did he mean by his heart and body being restored by all the negative emotion energy then?

Back