• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Since KH1, Maleficent’s role has been very different from her introduction into the series. It would be an understatement to say that recently her characters goals and intentions have been shrouded in ambiguity aside from finding the box and traversing the datascape. What I’m here to ask is where do you think her character is going? What could she possibly want with a box that no one is even aware of its contents? Will she side with the heroes, the heroes new adversaries, or purely to serve her own ambitions? Should she just stop and go away?

Personally, I question whether or not Nomura even knows where he’s going with her story. Lately she just pops up randomly in a game and gets her butt kicked only to imply she has some insider knowledge and that she will return. If she wanted Kingdom Hearts, it feels like she missed a prime opportunity already and that’s believed to be the most powerful thing in existence so what else could she want?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think Nomura has some goal in mind for her next saga. If not he could have killed Maleficent off in KH3 and be done with it.

I could see her allying with the heroes against Xigbar and the fore tellers. They have the black box she wants so I could see a sort of temporary alliance to get it. Or she could always work with the Foretellers herself

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If Nomura gives Maleficent the same writing the original characters receive, then she probably has no real endpoint or arc coming. I'd like to think there was something planned for her, but I can just as easily believe this is all smoke in the wind and nothing will happen with her.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm optimistic that Maleficent has a purpose for the future of this franchise. It just so happens that her purpose was not complementary to the plot of Kingdom Hearts III.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I hope she has a role to play in the next Saga and wasn't just used to set up some plot points for the player. I imagine she'll probably be a third fraction of this conflict, which put into question how big her impact will end up being.

I have the feeling he brought her back in 2 for additional conflicts in some of the Disney worlds and might have had vague ideas of what he wanted, but since KH3D he seems to be interested in tying her into the Union X story line. I hope she gets to factor in soon and not eternally stand in the shadows scheming a scheme we'll never see.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If Maleficent wants to truly return to power she needs a new base of operation and a new group of Disney villains. Not sure if she would attempt to take over Radiant Garden again

Neo_

Awards
RIP Disney villains council: KH1 vs. KH3 are two completely different series.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I am on the boat of I do believe he knows where he is going with her...but is maybe keeping it open to shift gears. I guess as soon as we found out her goal was the box I never expected her scheme to be truly achieved in this game, though I DID expect to find out at least what was in it that she wanted so badly...

SerDuncan

Man, I love the Disney Council. It made the worlds feel so much more integrated than in any other game. Don't get me wrong, I love the original Org XII (the new one, not so much) but I feel like having Disney villains collaborating together made the worlds of Kingdom Hearts feel interconnected. You knew which worlds were coming next, you were pumped for Maleficent's plan. Yo, that was such a good part of KH1!

disney233

Awards
I really doubt a villain's council is needed anymore with Maleficent after the defeat of the original council. I don't see any other villains that would work out. Hades and Hook are the only ones alive from the council, and it's doubtful that they would want to work with her again. Any better candidates like Shan Yu, Scar, and Barbossa are dead as well. I don't see Maleficent surrounding herself with...whatever's left.

Disney Renaissance:
A woman whose motivation for evil is.....a fur-coat.
A rat.
Shere Kahn (Is someone I doubt who would join with her)
Rourke...I guess
Frollo (He's still alive, I'm assuming cause we only saw him in dreams, but extremely doubtful.)
Mim....the only one on the list I see who would work with Maleficent tbh.
Gantu???

Modern Disney
Zurg...I guess
Dr. Facilier...I can see
Yzma...I can see, but I can't see a boss fight
King Candy....I also can see him as an ally. Actually a REALLY useful one, with the involvement of the datascape.
Bellweather

All in all, not many of them warrant a full group. None of them would give such a big impact as the Disney Council in KH1 has. That being said, I feel Maleficent's better off a loner with Pete as her sidekick.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, remember that a sack of bugs was part of her first council. Just sayin. At least Cruella could try running SDG over with her car, lol. Donald and Goofy would make a nice hat and stole.

There are still several options: Madam Mim, Facilier, the Horned King, King Candy, Gaston*, the Red Queen, John Silver**. Someone like Shan-Yu could believably resurrect himself via darkness the way Maleficent and Ursula did. Possibly another non-film character like Pete.

* I've always thought they could have Maleficent stumble across Beast as a prince and have her curse him again because she's a troll like that (see Aurora's christening) with a reason to hate him, but working with Gaston would give her more incentive. Nobody destroys the universe like Gaston...

** It would be interesting for her to be teamed up with someone who turned on her mid-game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It might make sense if she hired more Pete-like henchmen, goons that follow orders rather than villains that act like they're her equal. Or villains who wouldn't necessarily be tied to a world & can travel around like Maleficent & Pete:

-Gaston (since the movie plot is resolved & yet his fate is unknown)
-The Big Bad Wolf
-The Headless Horseman
-Mortimer Mouse
-Gantu (court marshaled & became a henchmen to another villain after the movie)
-Sheriff of Nottingham

Also, Barbossa isn't dead anymore. At least not until KH5.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I assume the Disney villains council was a thing for nostalgia reasons, and only ever meant to serve a purpose for the first game.

Kingdom Hearts was clearly designed as a standalone game and it shows through each passing year.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yzma...I can see, but I can't see a boss fight

Yzma would use transfiguration/potions in battle and it would be awesome. Also levers that send Sora & company on dangerous dungeon rides.

Awards
In my opinion, Pete ruins her character. You have Maleficent, who is considered to be one of the most evil, iconic Disney villains in history and was thought to be the main antagonist of KH1 before we were introduced to Ansem. But then there’s Pete, a big goofball who’s just a bully. He can’t be taken seriously as a major threat like she can, unless this was a game with Mickey, Donald, or Goofy as the main character.

Yeah she still has a seriousness to her, but him being with her just brings her threat level down.

On the other hand, I do feel like Nomura does have plans for her to most likely toss Pete to the side. She clearly is only using Pete to assist her in getting what she wants and it’s clear that if and when she does, she won’t include him in that. And Pete will probably want to team up with SDG to take her down, which is fine to me, because that just seems like something his character would do. But getting to that point is irritating because it makes her look like a joke.

I knew that Maleficent wouldn’t reach her goal 100% in KH3, but I was hoping she would end up coming very close and we would sort of see what her next step would be and that it could possibly be a serious threat again.

Back