• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The TRUE name of Xehanort's keyblade!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey, just wondering if anyone noticed that in Secret Report 13 Xigbar called Xehanort's keyblade "The Gazing Eye - a keyblade forged from the eye of the Master of Masters." I was really excited when I heard this, since there are many, many keyblades that don't have a name that are wielded by main characters. Also a little triggered that KHWiki has decided to keep the name of the page for the keyblade "no name" even though it outright says that another name for Xehanort's blade is "the gazing eye" and that seems like a way easier way to find the keyblade on the wiki.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey, just wondering if anyone noticed that in Secret Report 13 Xigbar called Xehanort's keyblade "The Gazing Eye - a keyblade forged from the eye of the Master of Masters." I was really excited when I heard this, since there are many, many keyblades that don't have a name that are wielded by main characters. Also a little triggered that KHWiki has decided to keep the name of the page for the keyblade "no name" even though it outright says that another name for Xehanort's blade is "the gazing eye" and that seems like a way easier way to find the keyblade on the wiki.

Seems to be a retcon or Luxu changed its name to fit his liking. In Back Cover, MoM straight up tells him it isn’t called the Gazing Eye. When Luxu asks what it’s called, MoM says, “Actually, no name.” (As in it has no name.) But Luxu has a misconception that “No Name” is its official title.

I prefer No Name for the Keyblade and the Gazing Eye for MoM’s eye since it also appears in other weapons.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Seems to be a retcon or Luxu changed its name to fit his liking. In Back Cover, MoM straight up tells him it isn’t called the Gazing Eye. When Luxu asks what it’s called, MoM says, “Actually, no name.” (As in it has no name.) But Luxu has a misconception that “No Name” is its official title.

I prefer No Name for the Keyblade and the Gazing Eye for MoM’s eye since it also appears in other weapons.

I've honestly been of the opinion that Luxu's joke being turned into a canonical name was kind of dumb, so having Xigbar name it something that's actually a name is fitting. I was also really not a fan of when the fan wiki made a collaborative "no name" page for three whole keyblades since it was way too confusing and misleading. A retcon, though? Not really, there's no proof that Luxu thought it was called that. He easily could have been saying "huh, no name" in the scene instead of naming it right then and there. His naming isn't very explicit in that scene, but the secret report has a better case for being a new naming for sure.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You gave my keyblade a name, huh? So you think that’s funny do ya? - MoM

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's just proof that Luxu's a little shit. The minute MoM is out of earshot he's just like "fuck that i'm calling it the gazing eye anyway"

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I've honestly been of the opinion that Luxu's joke being turned into a canonical name was kind of dumb, so having Xigbar name it something that's actually a name is fitting. I was also really not a fan of when the fan wiki made a collaborative "no name" page for three whole keyblades since it was way too confusing and misleading. A retcon, though? Not really, there's no proof that Luxu thought it was called that. He easily could have been saying "huh, no name" in the scene instead of naming it right then and there. His naming isn't very explicit in that scene, but the secret report has a better case for being a new naming for sure.

The subtitles capitalize No Name when Luxu says it, but not when MoM does. This makes it clear that the intent is Luxu thinks No Name is its official title. The joke may may have been dumb, but they should have at least stuck by their writing. Luxu calls it No Name in Back Cover. It’s called No Name when TAV get the keychain in BBS. So what’s the point of calling it the Gazing Eye now after MoM said that wasn’t its name? No Name seems more appropriate since it is the most ancient Keyblade, forged before wielders started naming the Keyblades. And like I said, the Gazing Eye should keep its distinction since it isn’t limited to being attached only to No Name.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Question: did No Name already exist without eyes and he added them, or did he purposedly making a Keyblade wit his eye?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The subtitles capitalize No Name when Luxu says it, but not when MoM does. This makes it clear that the intent is Luxu thinks No Name is its official title. The joke may may have been dumb, but they should have at least stuck by their writing. Luxu calls it No Name in Back Cover. It’s called No Name when TAV get the keychain in BBS. So what’s the point of calling it the Gazing Eye now after MoM said that wasn’t its name? No Name seems more appropriate since it is the most ancient Keyblade, forged before wielders started naming the Keyblades. And like I said, the Gazing Eye should keep its distinction since it isn’t limited to being attached only to No Name.

I mean, maybe the gazing eye is more appropriate since there's already a canonical no name keyblade in BbS and the gazing eye just sounds way better? Like, I'm sorry, but no name just sounds like a bad name for a keyblade. I've always disliked it, especially since, again, BbS had a no name keyblade that's not the same as MX's keyblade. And when was it canonical that people hadn't named keyblades? Riku doesn't call his keyblade way to the dawn, Mickey doesn't call his keyblade kingdom key D, and the players never called their keyblades "starlight". Yet, they all have a canon name. I can't think of a wielder that has ever said the name of their keyblade, to be honest, yet many have names in the games. The master not naming it pm doesn't matter in the long run.

Blizzard-

Awards
I mean, maybe the gazing eye is more appropriate since there's already a canonical no name keyblade in BbS and the gazing eye just sounds way better? Like, I'm sorry, but no name just sounds like a bad name for a keyblade. I've always disliked it, especially since, again, BbS had a no name keyblade that's not the same as MX's keyblade. And when was it canonical that people hadn't named keyblades? Riku doesn't call his keyblade way to the dawn, Mickey doesn't call his keyblade kingdom key D, and the players never called their keyblades "starlight". Yet, they all have a canon name. I can't think of a wielder that has ever said the name of their keyblade, to be honest, yet many have names in the games. The master not naming it pm doesn't matter in the long run.

This has given me the new head cannon that keyblade wielders name their keyblades blades like people do their cars.

“This is Betty; she’s a little rusty on the edges, but she gets the job done”
”Come on Carl, just one more thunder spell!”

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm pretty sure No Heart transforms the keyblade in the mirage arena from BbS! The transformations aren't super interesting, however.

Plot-twist: No Name transforms into a hologram machine that shows you the MoM's Reports. :eek:

In all seriousness, I have a feeling everyone but the Master will refer to it as No Name, and he'll perhaps call it "My Keyblade".

D

Deleted member 34215

Luxu thought the name was "Gazing Eye", MoM corrected him and told be it actually doesn't have a name. Luxu misunderstood and thought the MoM meant that its name was "No Name".

IMHO Luxu just thinks that Gazing Eye is a cooler name.

Askelon

I think the "Gazing Eye" refer only to the big blue round thing and "No Name" the rest of the keyblade.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I love how KINGDOM HEARTS makes even the basic of words sound epic. "No Name", "Nobody", mansex Xemnas...

Back