• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ace Attorney - 15th Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm also hoping for a North American physcial copy.

I mean, unlike the Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice years, there's an Anime running, so perhaps it could be enough marketing exposition for Capcom to cnsider the possibility of making a physical release. Maybe a limited run?

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I mean, unlike the Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice years, there's an Anime running, so perhaps it could be enough marketing exposition for Capcom to cnsider the possibility of making a physical release. Maybe a limited run?

I thought the original season ran in 2016, which was the same year that Spirit of Justice came out?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's coming April 9th.

No comment on physical editions, but considering the Japanese version can be purchased right now with full English support and localisation......

Also other languages will be added in a patch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It's coming April 9th.

No comment on physical editions, but considering the Japanese version can be purchased right now with full English support and localisation......

Also other languages will be added in a patch.

Thanks for the update, Chaser. And yeah, other languages are coming in Summer.

I'm kinda bummed. I wanted the collection to come earlier, as in, this month, but April is okay.

Which makes me wonder if they'll bundle the other three AA games together.

Veevee

Awards
I'm actually pretty happy about the price. 30 bucks for three games is totally fine and not really usual for the Switch where they usually triple the price for ports.

SerDuncan

Yeah, that price is not too bad at all. I decided that I'm gonna get the english release for PS4, since that'll have the trophies and whatnot, and I think I'm gonna save up to get the Switch JP collector's edition... more to have it than to play it, since I love collecting AA stuff, but still.

This release kinda kills any anticipation I had for a potential 3D remake of the trilogy, which is a shame. I still prefer to OG sprites to the redrawn nonsense they have in the Trilogy collection, but there's no way we'd get a port of the OGs when there's a "superior" version out there.

I do hope they eventually bring AJ, DD and SOJ as a collection over as well. It's been a while since their release, and SOJ was recently super cheap on the eShop. Plus, there's always hope we'll get a new game announced this year! Hoping and praying.

Feriku

I keep hoping they put the Investigations games together in a new collection and finally officially localize AAI2.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I keep hoping they put the Investigations games together in a new collection and finally officially localize AAI2.

Possible. That's how the West got the Ace Attorney series: it was first a GBA series that was then ported to the DS.

SerDuncan

Possible. That's how the West got the Ace Attorney series: it was first a GBA series that was then ported to the DS.

I'd be down with Capcom just using the fan translation as a base; it's really well done (as far as I'm aware) and it could probably save the team a ton of time, unless there's some kind of legal issue in there somewheres.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd be down with Capcom just using the fan translation as a base; it's really well done (as far as I'm aware) and it could probably save the team a ton of time, unless there's some kind of legal issue in there somewheres.

There's precedent of fan translations being adapted into a commercial product. I can't remember that company did it, but they did.

SerDuncan

There's precedent of fan translations being adapted into a commercial product. I can't remember that company did it, but they did.

It seems as though the most notable one is Xseed licensing a fan translation for use in a YS game, although there have been two other examples by smaller companies for their Visual Novels as well. So I suppose legally it can be possible.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It seems as though the most notable one is Xseed licensing a fan translation for use in a YS game, although there have been two other examples by smaller companies for their Visual Novels as well. So I suppose legally it can be possible.

Good example. We also have Sega hosting competitions for Sonic fan games. Sonic Mania was also made by a group of fans that successfully ported the Hedgehog's first game for mobile.

Speaking of fan games, you guys should definitely give "Contempt of Court" and "Conflict of Interest" a try in terms of AA fan games. Very good.

SerDuncan

Good example. We also have Sega hosting competitions for Sonic fan games. Sonic Mania was also made by a group of fans that successfully ported the Hedgehog's first game for mobile.

Speaking of fan games, you guys should definitely give "Contempt of Court" and "Conflict of Interest" a try in terms of AA fan games. Very good.

I've always wanted to play those, but I guess never really had the time/opportunity to. Now that I'm getting more into Youtube/streaming stuff, maybe I'll give it a try one of these days. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;CsBoltDXnFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBoltDXnFs[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Purchased the trilogy in Australia. Tempted to preorder it in America to increase sales and get the theme.

There are also two sets of avatars - each have six in them. They were $3AUD each.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Purchased the trilogy in Australia. Tempted to preorder it in America to increase sales and get the theme.

There are also two sets of avatars - each have six in them. They were $3AUD each.
Nice! I'll be getting the Switch version myself (eventually).

Back