• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MoM is Verum Rex

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MoM

Before any of you tell me to take my meds, hear me out.

We all know that Nomuras Verum Rex was a jab at Tabata and FFXV and blah blah blah... However, thinking that is crazy. Why? There is not a chance a multibillion dollar company will allow a high ranking member "mock" an extremely successful (financially) game. Instead I'm going to present a more realistic approach of how this went down. Nomura got booted off Versus 13 to focus on KH3 and VII Remake. He then said some iteration of fine but I am incorporating my vision in the game and the execs said ok. So here we g, MoM is Verum Rex:

MoM Voice actor - Ray Chase
Noctis voice actor - Ray Chase

First off, that is too much of a coincidence.

Next this is a deeper understanding of 13 Versus

The intent of versus 13 was to be a much darker take on the FF series. And a lot of indications were of Nomura making Noctis if not evil, much darker than before main characters. One of the quotes in the trailer was "there is no good or evil but thinking makes it so". This perspective could be linked that Noctis by the opposing side was evil and his peasants, I mean citizens loved him. You could link it to war. In a soldiers mind he fights for his country and the other fights for his country. FF 12 took a take on this where there really wasn't good or evil in the game. Im not saying MoM isn't evil and I'm not saying that he won't be the villain, because I believe that will be the case. What I am saying is this is Nomuras shot of making MoM (Noctis Rex) The vision he wanted through kingdom hearts.

The hooded figure imo is a new character or an existing one with the intent of us believing it is the MoM. But with all of these theories floating around, i'm looking at it a different more realistic way imo and it just seems to coincidental that the voice actors for both projects are the same and all of a sudden Rex shows up.

Thoughts?

Awards
Well first off, Verum Rex is the name of the game within a game, not a person. The hooded person in the game is unknown so far and certainly doesn't have a VA yet.

Also, Ray Chase voices a lot of characters, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything since he only did MoM in Back Cover and nothing for KH3. This is more of a jumping to conclusions rather than any actual proof of any kind. Noctis is an entirely different character and is unrelated to kh3 as of now. Also I'm not sure Nomura specifically picked Ray Chase to voice MoM because he voiced Noctis considering the games came out within a couple months of each other and Ray Chase probably recorded both nearly at the same time and Nomura was definitely not working on XV. It could've simply been a coincidence. There's no conclusive proof for or against at this point.

D

Deleted member 246005

Ray Chase voicing both Noctis/MoM is probably more of a coincidence than a meaningful sign.

Yozora (the lead of Verum rex) could have a connection to MoM but that's all we can say for sure.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Ray Chase voicing both Noctis/MoM is probably more of a coincidence than a meaningful sign.

Yozora (the lead of Verum rex) could have a connection to MoM but that's all we can say for sure.

It most likely is.

Now, if Yozora has the same voice as Noctis, well... That's a rabbit hole and a half. But it really could be just coincidence. It's way too early to tell.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

MoM and Noctis also have different voice actors in Japan. If they shared the same actor there then I'd be suspicious.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
One thing that I thought about recently concerning Yozora's role:

What if Yozora is the same "type" of being that Joshua is?

It's been a while since I played TWEWY but if I recall correctly Joshua was "only" in charge of Shibuya, right?
So what if Yozora is the one in charge of Shinjuku, the neighbouring district of the city, and therefore has the same role as Joshua only for a different area?

Awards
One thing that I thought about recently concerning Yozora's role:

What if Yozora is the same "type" of being that Joshua is?

It's been a while since I played TWEWY but if I recall correctly Joshua was "only" in charge of Shibuya, right?
So what if Yozora is the one in charge of Shinjuku, the neighbouring district of the city, and therefore has the same role as Joshua only for a different area?

Yeah it seems much more likely that Yozora is the new 'god' character like Joshua was in TWEWY, or else a Game Master like various characters in that game. And like I said before, FFXV came out end of November 2016 in the US and 2.8 came out in January that following year, Nomura wouldn't have had any way of knowing Ray Chase voiced both characters since it would've been an almost simultaneous recording.

Not sure how much involvement he has in the English VAs anyway since they have people whose jobs are to take care of all that. The game designer wouldn't be in charge of everything, so this is more than likely just a coincidence.

Back