• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Muppets in Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Do you want it? Do you think it would work for Kingdom Hearts?

I'd love to see them as residents in original worlds or make The Muppets replace 100 Acre Wood as the standalone optional world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sure why not?

The Question is how would you access a Muppets World? I could see it as a world within a world as something akin like a play stage.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'd be uncomfortable seeing Muppets in CGI.
Nomura hates women as it is, I'd hate to see how he writes Miss Piggy!

WaltK

Awards
The new Muppet Babies series is CGI and they look fine in that.

Anyway, I’ve thought about the Muppets in KH before, and a mini-game world that utilises the whole theatre setting of the old show is the best way to go.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm going to say no. Why? I just don't see it as a good fit. Also, I actually like 100 Acre Woods. Those mini games are addicting.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd see it as another minigame world or the theatre is set up on Twilight Town and Roxas helps out from time to time. Maybe he gets a passion for the arts and decides to intern?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What would be hilarious is that we could get puppet SDG. Imagine controlling Sora like a marionette

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm going to say no. Why? I just don't see it as a good fit. Also, I actually like 100 Acre Woods. Those mini-games are addicting.

100 Acre Wood was uninspired and forced for Kingdom Hearts III. And I was somebody who liked it in Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II.

The Muppets seem appropriate enough to replace it if they're creatively executed well.

What would be hilarious is that we could get puppet SDG. Imagine controlling Sora like a marionette

I never knew I wanted that until now!

Neo_

Awards
As someone who the Muppets have probably meant more to than Kingdom Hearts, yes! Do I think it's an inherently obvious inclusion? No. I knew going into this thread 9/10 people were gonna say no or mini-game world, but to me, the most fun way to include them would to be as a full-blown Great Muppet Caper world: once the party member limit gets upped to 6, traverse London w/ Kermit, Fozzie & Gonzo, have a taxi mini-game, clear the Happiness Hotel of Heartless, a boss battle with the thieves, use flow-motion to infiltrate the Mallory Gallery, etc... it's totally doable, and SD&G's interaction with any Muppet would be hilarious; the Muppets are potentially the only thing weirder than KH itself.

Also, imagine Kermit tearing a Nobody a new asshole like he did Doc Hopper; watching that scene again, I could see something like that play out really nice in KH - he would be the next Woody.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think it works precisely because it is not an inherently obvious inclusion -- the very premise that makes Kingdom Hearts so special. We need off-the-wall inclusions to keep the series fresh and I'd love to have SDG interact with the iconic Muppets.

If KHIII has taught us anything it is that 100 Acre Wood has withstood its welcome. The Muppet Theater would make for a great mini-game world with a lot of heart and some more adult humor.

Also throwing in Mary Poppins as a possible replacement for Pooh.

Neo_

Awards
Poppins would also be a great character for Twilight Town or something of that matter.

I'm really surprised that during some point in development they didn't realize 100 Acre Wood was kind of a waste of time. :/

Edit: Also, Swedish Chef in the Bistro.

Last edited:

Pokie

If there's any Muppet World in any Kingdom Hearts game, that will be the best Kingdom Hearts game. Official. It will be the law.

Jokes aside, hell yes I want a Mupper World.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We're gonna need a new pirate world, so Muppet Treasure Island world with Tim Curry reprising would be nice.

Back