• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What worlds do you NOT want to see in a future game? w/explination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
For me, probably Cars, purely because I can’t even begin to think of a way for that world to work without it being a hot mess. What would SDG’s car forms look like? (I’m guessing unrecogniseable unless you want a car with big spiky hair, or with a big hideous duck face plastered on) How would they hold their weapons in this form? How would the controls work? It’s just a headache to even think about.

I’d have no problem with the series being represented in other ways, of course (Lightning McQueen could totally work as a summon).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think I'd be fine with just about any Disney film except for Chicken Little. Its characters, setting, and messages are way too unappealing for me to enjoy as a world. If we need an anthropomorphic animal world Zootopia should fill that gap

horto12485

Awards
Um let's see um the Worlds that i don't want to see for the Future Game

No Live Action Remakes
Cars
Star Wars (I just don't know how will it Work for Kingdom Hearts just don't see it Happening maybe have some References or Cameos)
Marvel (Same thing for that cause Big Hero 6 is a Marvel Centric World for Kingdom Hearts 3)
100 Acre Wood (Nuff said i am over 100 Acre Wood in the Series)
Neverland

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Personally I have no preference on which world I don't want to be represented but If I had to choose which ones shouldn't come back it will come down to the following factors on why they won't return or appear:

1. There isn't any story left to tell for this world.

2. The film(s) wouldn't work out as a world in KH.

3. Does the story for that world fit within the story for the next games

4. The world being exhausted to death, to the point where they run out of ideas.

5. Some other world would take it's spot in the next game (e.g. Monstropolis replacing Halloween Town as the Monster world in KH3)

So let's begin:

Unlikely to come back in the next games:

• Beast's Castle (The Beast became a Human)
  • The Land of Dragons (I don't want to come back to this world where it adapts the events of the sequel just to see Mushu being a Malicious prick)
  • Port Royal/The Caribbean (would be difficult to adapt as the 4th and 5th movies take place 20 years after the third film)
  • Atlantica (Difficult adapting the events of the 2nd film and would require a time jump to adapt the sequel, not to mention Disney being in a different situation right now when it comes to their Direct-to-video sequels)
  • Pride Lands (I'm mixed with this, I respect why people want to come back to this world just to see a lush green Savannah and to adapt "Simba's Pride", but frankly I rather see a different animal based Disney movie represented as a world like The Jungle Book, Zootopia, Bambi, etc..)
  • Halloween Town (No story left to tell for this world)
  • Olympus (Once again aside from the Coliseum Tournaments, their isn't anything left for this world in terms of story just like Halloween Town, and Hades coming up with a plan to take over Olympus or "to kill Hercules" is starting to feel redundant already)
  • Castle of Dreams
  • Dwarf Woodlands
  • Enchanted Dominion
  • Monstropolis
  • San Fransokyo (I realistically see this world be replaced by the Incredibles for the next game)
  • Kingdom of Corona

Films I realistically don't see as worlds in a future KH game:

• Enchanted
  • High School Musical
  • Cars
  • Home on the Range
  • National Treasure
  • Bolt (I realistically see him more as a Summon or a character in an original world)
  • Anything from the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
  • Anything from Star Wars
  • Any FOX properties (e.g. AVATAR, Planet of the Apes, Simpsons, etc..)
  • Any film based on a novel/book that requires permission from the Author, his/her family and the estate (e.g. John Carter, A Wrinkle in Time, Artemis Fowl, Narnia, James and the Giant Peach)

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't want to see Agrabah. King of Thieves is not a movie that has the kind of story that would adapt well for Kingdom Hearts and unless they did something completely original, there was never any reason to question Aladdin's motives for continuation.

Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove, A Bug's Life, similar to King of Thieves, I don't think these movies have a plot driven enough to make it as worlds in KH.

Atlantica. I did have a pretty vivid dream about a possible Little Mermaid 3 that had me shook with how well I still remember all the details, but unless they make a new, non live action sequel then I don't see why we should return. (The film was CG and had this wicked cool looking Water octopus looking villain)

As someone mentioned above I don;t really want to see any kind of cameos from star wars or marvel... never really got into star wars and I don't know, marvel in kingdom hearts just sounds weird to me... kind of on the level that it felt weird that there was no Final fantasy characters in kh3... Tron felt weird too XD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think there's been a thread like in the past, but I'll go again:

- Star Wars
- Marvel
- PIXAR, but it's already here.
- (Most) Live-Action Re-Makes, unless they can do it in a creative way. For example, a topsy turvy alternate universe kind of explanation. Alice in Wonderland would be the easiest since you could fall through a looking glass to the live-action remake or something.
- FOX properties. Although I won't be mad if something like FernGully or Anastasia were to appear. *shrug* Since, again, we already have PIXAR in here, so...
- As far as specific films: Big Hero 6 (again), Wreck-It Ralph, Brother Bear, Home On the Range, Chicken Little, Cars, Monsters University, the Tinker Bell series, The Good Dinosaur, Up, TRON sequels (if it doesn't feature the TRON seen in KH2, no thanks), any live-action Disney channel TV series or movie. I hate all of these. Well, WIR is mostly inoffensive fluff and Up would be okay, but the little kid is so f-ing annoying.

Aside from that, I'm up for any Disney film, whether they've been in the series a hundred times before or not.

metro96

Personally I have no preference on which world I don't want to be represented but If I had to choose which ones shouldn't come back it will come down to the following factors on why they won't return:

1. There isn't any story left to tell for this world.

2. That film(s) wouldn't work out as a world in KH

3. Does it fit within the story for the next games

4. The world being exhausted to death.

Unlikely to come back in the next games:
  • San Fransokyo

I disagree. Yes, there’s no new movie on which to base another San Fransokyo world (if you discount the TV show), but they just made a ton of assets for a huge sandbox of a world, that, b/c of the Marvel connection especially, you can create any story you want and make it fit with that world. I mean, given how many times over we had to play in some of these worlds across KH1, CoM, Coded, etc. I wouldn’t mind going back to San Fransokyo. And I imagine with each iteration, they can make the city more detailed and more exploitable and more interesting

Emer93

Anything but Winnie the fucking Pooh again. Never wanna see his ass ever again

GrandWebster

I don't want to see Agrabah. King of Thieves is not a movie that has the kind of story that would adapt well for Kingdom Hearts and unless they did something completely original, there was never any reason to question Aladdin's motives for continuation.
I'm honestly kind of mixed, I actually would love to see Agrabah in Unreal Engine. Plus I think the environment is big enough that can utilize the world expansion like they did Olympus. (more so than other worlds)

Though Agrabah coming back will depend if Nomura wants to have an old POH (Jasmine) explain some details about the "New Seven Hearts" (I would love to see that personally)

But will it happen. Probably not

ImVentus

Awards
I don't get the heated distaste for Cars, it's like a norm to be all drama on it's inclusion.
It is an established franchise for Pixar non-critically and is widely recognizable for most consumers. It's going to happen before a Atlantis & Bambi world happens at this point.
How would the keyblade, weapons be accessible? On the roof panel, hood or doors. Really isn't that difficult to find a solution.
I can only see a great use of diverse objectives since there is so much reference to pick from. And it could work as a non-combative world. Being an open world with missions if focused on Radiator Springs.

It's just better to accept that Marvel & Star Wars will be introduced in the near future. If KH3 wasn't a giveaway about the IPs being centred on new generation Disney, I don't know what would.
However Home On The Range seems like the most unlikely contender and I rather have The Black Cauldron's inclusion over it any day.
And yeah I have no interest in Frozen re-appearing with sequel bait. Expect more restrictions with that one. Never trust the promotion for a film.

Megavoltage

Awards
I kind of want TAV to meet up with adult swole Hercules but I'm so tired of Olympus. And now that we've finally fought all of the titans I think it's time to put that world to rest. It's been in every game except DDD! Go away already.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
They did me a solid by removing the little mermaid world, only to replace it with a verbatim "let it go" scene from the original frozen that I am still scrubbing from the top of my mind. If I didn't think I was going to miss something important i would've skipped that scene. Not for nothing, great film, great articulation of the world, but over-advertised and over-hyped pushed it into my cynicisms years ago lol.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

S'cuse me? The King of Thieves has a turtle island and a version of Jasmine that can fight. That's perfect material for a Kingdom Hearts IV world. Treat it like Olympus from Kingdom Hearts III and make it a tutorial world if necessary.

GrandWebster

It's just better to accept that Marvel & Star Wars will be introduced in the near future.

Thats not necessarily true, there isn't any real evidence that they'll be included from mobile to console and its unlikely because They can't fit into the narrative along with everything else, Marvel isn't needed.

As long as New original Walt Disney animated movies come out in upcoming years, its not a requirement at all.

But also Because Square Enix and Disney are making a second franchise of games with just the Marvel characters currently called "The Avengers Project". It'll be their second collab from Kingdom Hearts
But with Star Wars being license, Its unlikely

disney233

Awards
No more Pixar worlds PLEASE. A few of them yes, but I say this because of my hatred for Cars (I was never interested in that movie at all) and my anxiety of Finding Nemo being Atlantica 2.0 with VERY LITTLE to work with regarding swimming mechanics. SORA'S A FISH NOW, LESS WE FORGET!

Subzero

Any worlds based on Winnie the Pooh or Hercules. I mean... enough is enough already. Give other films a chance in the spotlight!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I disagree. Yes, there's no new movie on which to base another San Fransokyo world (if you discount the TV show), but they just made a ton of assets for a huge sandbox of a world, that, b/c of the Marvel connection especially, you can create any story you want and make it fit with that world. I mean, given how many times over we had to play in some of these worlds across KH1, CoM, Coded, etc. I wouldn't mind going back to San Fransokyo. And I imagine with each iteration, they can make the city more detailed and more exploitable and more interesting
I respectfully going have to disagree with you. Even if they can do more things with San Fransokyo, the thing is is that the team is now Big Hero 7 with Tadashi's Baymax back to normal and part of the team. Secondly besides the story realistically I don't think the world is coming back as I'm expecting the Incredibles to take San Fransokyo's spot as the Superhero world in the next game.

Thats not necessarily true, there isn't any real evidence that they'll be included from mobile to console and its unlikely because They can't fit into the narrative along with everything else, Marvel isn't needed.

As long as New original Walt Disney animated movies come out in upcoming years, its not a requirement at all.

But also Because Square Enix and Disney are making a second franchise of games with just the Marvel characters currently called "The Avengers Project". It'll be their second collab from Kingdom Hearts
But with Star Wars being license, Its unlikely
Not to mention that the Galaxy of Star Wars has several thousands planets and it requires permission from the Lucasfilm story group who are very protective with the current Star Wars canon, and it wouldn’t make sense to shoehorn KH elements or better yet shoehorn Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts.

Frankly, I still don't understand the MASSIVE want of Marvel and Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts even before and after Disney's acquisitions of Marvel and Lucasfilm.

Last edited:
Back