• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: The Novel coming Aug. 2019 + BBS: The Novel cover art revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If you are feeling lost after finishing Kingdom Hearts 3, perhaps this would be the best time to catch up on the Kingdom Hearts novel series! Yen Press plans to release Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: The Novel written by Tomoco Kanemaki on August 20th, 2019.

Written by Tomoco Kanemaki (scenario writer for 358/2 Days) and illustrated by manga artist Shiro Amano, the Kingdom Hearts Re:coded novel provides more in-depth story details for the game, allowing fans to reexperience the game in a whole new way! 

Pre-order Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: The Novel right now on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

With the Organization defeated, all is right with the world. Mickey and his friends from Disney Castle have returned home, only to find a mysterious message has appeared in Jiminy's journal that Jiminy knows he didn't write. When they go to investigate, a new adventure begins in the hidden worlds inside the journal...

Also, the cover art for Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: The Novel has been revealed, featuring Terra, Aqua, and Ven on the cover. It releases in bookstores on March 19th, 2019. CHeck out the cover art below:

KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep: The Novel
Page Count: 448
Price: $20 USD
Release Date: March 19, 2019

Ten years before Sora fought to save the worlds, three young Keyblade wielders named Terra, Aqua, and Ventus trained in the hopes of becoming Masters one day. But on the day of Terra and Aqua's Mark of Mastery exam, everything changed forever, and the three each set off on their own journey...

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository (Free Shipping Worldwide) | Books-A-Million | Indiebound 

Remember to purchase a copy of the latest release in the Kingdom Hearts novel series, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days! Also, don't forget to pick up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: The NovelChain of Memories: The NovelKingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & Volume 2, and the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
More interested in the BBS novel. Hoping we get to see more development of Vanitas that the game sadly didn't have time to cover.

Neo_

Awards
I'm just saying everything is chibi now; get ready for KH4 to be chibi or Funko Pops.

Last edited:

Platinum End

Is there a point in reading these novels now that KH3 is has came? The only thing i can think of is more insight of ventus and thats about it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm just saying everything is chibi now; get ready for KH4 to be chibi or Funko Pops.

This was however chibi already years ago.
This novel has been out in Japan for almost a decade by now.

Is there a point in reading these novels now that KH3 is has came? The only thing i can think of is more insight of ventus and thats about it.

Depends on what you expect from them.
The novels do character interactions, motivations and general characterisation much better than the games.
Another point is that you get to be privy to many characters inner thoughts which may help understand their actions better or from a different angle.

When it comes specifically to BBS there are complaints around that the game BBS didn't do enough to actually portray the supposed deep friendship and bonds between the three central characters, something the novel does better.

Ultima Spark

KH3 light novel is multi-part in Japan (don’t know how many).

IIRC the BBS novels don’t have illustrations (at least the black-and-white ones) since the artist was sick at the time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3 light novel is multi-part in Japan (don’t know how many).

IIRC the BBS novels don’t have illustrations (at least the black-and-white ones) since the artist was sick at the time.

Yes, Amano was sick at the time of the light novel’s publishing run in Japan. He did illustrate the covers, though.

hlc1988

Awards
Good to see another KH novel making its way West!

After Recoded what will it be? Dream Drop Distance? Could we get a third novel release this year?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
How did I miss? Oh, I was playing a videyer game~

SO, so glad to see Re:coded making it's way west. I didn't realize the BBS novels didn't contain illustrations either. Less Amano art is a damper, but not enough to rain on a localization parade.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Good to see another KH novel making its way West!

After Recoded what will it be? Dream Drop Distance? Could we get a third novel release this year?

Yen Press seems very passionate about the whole series, so I’m sure KH3D will be next. Not sure about this year, though. They always have pretty packed schedules.

Back