• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm alone upset after the video dunkview?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
It’s just a shame that often big youtube bloggers can form a point of view with their viewers.
For in the comments there are already people who now do not want to play the game.
Of course, this is his point of view, but all this negativity in the comments that supposedly KH3 has destroyed the franchise and a huge amount of like, is depressing.
(Perhaps I just need a little rest from KH in a short time, otherwise I will become a big pessimist because of this toxicity)

kaseykockroach

Awards
Why does it matter what other people think of the game? It's not as though it's under any threat of selling poorly! Isn't whether or not you like it all that matters?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If you feel like you need time off from the fandom or certain areas, do take it. I did and it improved my mood greatly and I'd like to think my behaviour as well.
Some people are more sensitive than others over mass feedback, so while it's true that ultimately it only matters what you feel that's not always easy to achieve and some healthy "muting" sources of negativity might be needed.

Especially since we can't really tell people what to think about KH III, it's their right to express what they think about it even if it's nothing but negativity. Sucks for them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dunkey is not a fan of JRPGs so this isn’t very shocking. Don’t let these people’s opinions influence how you feel.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, it's been a thing for years now to crap on Kingdom Hearts. Especially the story. What a popular youtuber thinks shouldn't affect your enjoyment. I find them pretty easy to ignore.

Neo_

Awards
His score at the end was far too critical, but he was on the money with everything else, and the video was hilarious as well. The gameplay is mind-numbing, but I'm not sure what they could do about that.

I mean, we live in an age where one guy's viewpoint is not gonna shape whether people buy a game or not: they know what it is, and they're watching gameplay right in front of them. But yeah, the review wasn't toxic at all; people just can't handle criticism anymore. I was also under the impression that he only doesn't like turn-based RPGs.

AayriSolassa

I thought his points were right on the money. His points made a lot of sad sense and sums up how I feel too.

Neo_

Awards
Like literally watching Chip & Dale talk about the research data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora, and Goofy talking about Data-Sora was f'ng weird; contrary to popular belief, Kingdom Hearts at its core was never a weird concept, but this shit is weirder than ever now.

Watching it again, I love the review; I'm a fan of the series, but not afraid to be critical of it as well. That's a sign you care about it.

LostArtist

Awards
The review is heavy on the story side which is the worst part of the game. His negativity shouldn't let you down too much, he is clearly biased even if he has points about the story that many fans would agree with.

I guess it'll affect people's decisions on getting the game but eh idk, I mean a lot of people don't really "switch sides" anyways, if they don't like something coming into it, much of their research to change their mind is biased to their own thoughts, so I guess it'll confirm not to get the game to people who already didn't really want to get it in the first place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that chances are most of the people in the comment section who are agreeing with the dude are ones who already had negative thoughts about the game to begin with, before viewing the video. Don't let them get you down

There's more positivity being spread about the game than negativity! hope you cheer up :)

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Like literally watching Chip & Dale talk about the research data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora, and Goofy talking about Data-Sora was f'ng weird; contrary to popular belief, Kingdom Hearts at its core was never a weird concept, but this shit is weirder than ever now.

Watching it again, I love the review; I'm a fan of the series, but not afraid to be critical of it as well. That's a sign you care about it.

I would mostly agree, but the score is off putting to me I guess personally. Like if he pointed out all the flaws I likely agree with but still acknowledged it was a fun game and at least like... 3.5 out of 5? Maybe. I mean for me its an easy 4, but I get it, we can't all think alike lol.
But a 1? Seems super dramatic and it just leaves a bad taste in mouth.

That being said, I mean I don't really care at the end of the day that he made it and, as others have pointed out, people who were bound to not like the game anyway are jumping on his bandwagon lol. That sorta thing always happens.

Neo_

Awards
Also, just because someone doesn't like the story doesn't mean they're not going to get the game; it's obviously selling heaps: those Disney worlds could be bookend by anything (or nothing at all) and still sell millions.

Zul

Awards
Dunkey has his own video where he goes over game critics and how they should only be taken as a single person's point of view(and how useless the "professional" reviewers are). He himself does not think everyone must abide by his rating.

As for "destroying the franchise", that's based on sales, not on reviewers. KH projects will continue to get greenlit so long as they bring in money.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The review is heavy on the story side which is the worst part of the game.
This is why I appreciated his review, honestly. So many of the ones out there hyperfocus on the gameplay and the pretty worlds, which are a selling point in their own right, but then they just minimize the problems with the plotting and dialogue or relegate them to one minor bit of commentary. It's not minor, it's a crucial factor which should be taken into account when offering a perspective on what the game has to offer. I'm not familiar with dunkview, but his review really reflected, in summary, the feelings I have about the game, and a 1/5 score is appropriately hyperbolic given the extent to which this game manages to deflate all the build up within the franchise.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Why does it matter what other people think of the game? It's not as though it's under any threat of selling poorly! Isn't whether or not you like it all that matters?

Exactly. Like for me, I felt KH3 was a 8.5-9/10. I don't give a fuck WHO agrees or disagrees, I enjoyed the game, I sat there and played through the game myself and that's the only thing that matters.

If you loved the game, then don't let that make you love the game any less.

OneDandelion

Awards
To be fair to Dunkey the game was bad in a lot of ways, the best thing about it in my opinion is that it has concluded the story in a brilliant way and also expanded the universe to linking it with unionx.

Disney shackled it to be completely honest. From this point on the story would do well if it associated itself less with Disney and more with Square Enix properties...

LostArtist

Awards
This is why I appreciated his review, honestly. So many of the ones out there hyperfocus on the gameplay and the pretty worlds, which are a selling point in their own right, but then they just minimize the problems with the plotting and dialogue or relegate them to one minor bit of commentary. It's not minor, it's a crucial factor which should be taken into account when offering a perspective on what the game has to offer. I'm not familiar with dunkview, but his review really reflected, in summary, the feelings I have about the game, and a 1/5 score is appropriately hyperbolic given the extent to which this game manages to deflate all the build up within the franchise.

In other words you like the review because it gives awareness to the bad story/and or you feel as passionately angry/disgusted at the game as he does?

Even with some good moments in the story, It's bad overall and they really need to do something moving forward.
But to me it just doesn't take away from how much I enjoyed playing the game. And for that reason the video isn't something I personally relate with.

Last edited:

Zahnpaste

I am! And that's for a very specific reason.

I only have few friends that are into gaming, and all of them were never into KH (they never played one and have no idea what it is about) because they think it's too childish and so on. I didn't mind because everyone should consume what they want.
After KH3 released, one friend suddenly told me that KH3 seems to get praised a lot and that the game looks interesting to him and he is making thoughts about to buy the game sometimes later.
I was actually excited when I heard that. I was happy that someone I knew wanted to give the series a fair chance. And if he would enjoy the game, I would in addition also have someone to discuss about the series.

However, that friend saw Dunkey's review now and refuses to buy the game. Not only that, he is shitting on the game even if he's repeatedly telling me that he has no idea what the games and the gameplay are about.

I'm not sure if I'm more mad at Dunkey or at my friend that lets himself influence so easily.
I have no problem with reviewers, but I have a problem with people/reviewers fans that take everything what is being said as fact and are not capable to form an own opinion or doing critical thinking. On top of that, many of these people are also finding enjoyment in attacking and shitting on the series and fans, as if disliking the game is objectively correct (because their reviewer said so) and if you like it you're abnormal.

Awards
The post above me made me realize something.

At this point, having your own opinion on something mean absolutely nothing. If a big Youtube guy hates it, then anyone who watches it, even if they have no real knowledge of what they're talking about, will hate it too, because big yootoob guy hates it.

Back