• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The inclusion of Arendelle is very bizarre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Emer93

I can’t even believe they greenlit this portion of the script. Nomura should’ve been like “if you won’t give me at least 80% creative control then you can keep your IP...” it makes absolutely no sense the constraints they were given with these characters. SDG meet Elsa for five minutes and I don’t even think she remembers them by the time they reach her at the very end of the arc. They’re just kinda standing there awkwardly as the Frozen cast talk amongst themselves. Hans shows up without any context or how his motivations conflict with SDG. He turns into a Heartless (is there a cut scene where it’s explained he’s working with Heartless/Org.) and that’s it. Jesus, did Disney think Nomura and co. would turn Elsa and co. into violent characters who would chop off heads or something? I feel like several think pieces can be written on this botched, bullshit “world” in KH3. Don’t get me started on Larxene...if there was no creative control why not choose a property where the creatives will give you the reigns to write an awesome script (Atlantis, PATF, jungle book)

Neo_

Awards
This is why it's a problem when certain worlds have to be in KH. If KH3 came out 10 years ago like it should've we wouldn't have had to deal with this.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
One of the main reasons i want the next game to focus a bit more an older properties without their creative teams. Some of the restrictions placed by Disney for some of these newer properties aren't gonna benefit in making their inclusion as good as they could be.

It's hard to be as excited for them when you don't know what kind of restrictions could be placed on them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeaaaaah, it really was ruined by Disney interference. There are likely other reasons why the world is so awkward that aren’t just because of corporate meddling and crazy restrictions, but definitely the restrictions did not help them at all. All it did was reinforce my dislike of Frozen haha

I would much prefer if the series focused on older films where the devs can have more creative freedom, or if they go with modern films, they negotiate the creative control and try to make it more collaborative.

The problem stems from the lack of creative collaboration, really. The Pixar worlds are much better in comparison because they had a great team collaborating with SE whereas with Frozen, they were more authoritative on how it needed to be approached.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Could Disney have allowed a more original story? Like have it set between Frozen and the sequel later this year. Remove Hans and just have Larxene be a more active antagonist.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Could Disney have allowed a more original story? Like have it set between Frozen and the sequel later this year. Remove Hans and just have Larxene be a more active antagonist.

I doubt they would have allowed it. With Frozen 2 coming out, they are naturally more protective of the property for a number of reasons.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm sure that, if Nomura faces more restrictons from the newer films, he'll decide to focus on older ones.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I do hope having to deal with Disney/PIXAR being extra-involved was annoying for him and put him off the newer properties since he put KH3 off until he could get Toy Story greenlit. :rolleyes:

I definitely think the world was less than it could've been because Disney is very protective of the property while the franchise is still in the early stages. That said, I still enjoyed the world. The one bonus is that at least KH3 gave the fandom another "girly" world to bash incessantly. Wouldn't want that trend to die now that Atlantica's no longer around.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, I do hope having to deal with Disney/PIXAR being extra-involved was annoying for him and put him off the newer properties since he put KH3 off until he could get Toy Story greenlit. :rolleyes:

I definitely think the world was less than it could've been because Disney is very protective of the property while the franchise is still in the early stages. That said, I still enjoyed the world. The one bonus is that at least KH3 gave the fandom another "girly" world to bash incessantly. Wouldn't want that trend to die now that Atlantica's no longer around.

Moreso Disney than Pixar, and moreso Frozen than other films, seeing as how Frozen is Disney's very own Barbie.

Elysium

Awards
Moreso Disney than Pixar, and moreso Frozen than other films, seeing as how Frozen is Disney's very own Barbie.
Were you there?

I'm sure Frozen was more intense than the others, but they were involved with all the newer worlds. And Barbie??? What?

Awards
Were you there?

I'm sure Frozen was more intense than the others, but they were involved with all the newer worlds. And Barbie??? What?
Considering Disney was so strict that they wanted freaking eyelids to move in a specific way I wouldn't be surprised if they did treat Frozen like Barbie.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Something odd I found about Arendelle is how some characters just break out into singing out of nowhere.

The songs of Frozen was one of its selling points, makes sense why they put it in the game but it irritates me that the other worlds didn't get any songs. (I guess Tangled kinda had a song but...the song is plot related)

OneDandelion

Awards
Disney so obviously hindered this game that its painful to look at. With the exception of Toy Box all the Disney worlds I could probably count the amount of original content on one hand.

Arendelle is the worst of all of them though. Disney clearly wanted to use this game for nothing more as an advertisement to their other franchises/theme parks

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Disney so obviously hindered this game that its painful to look at. With the exception of Toy Box all the Disney worlds I could probably count the amount of original content on one hand.

Arendelle is the worst of all of them though. Disney clearly wanted to use this game for nothing more as an advertisement to their other franchises/theme parks

I don't think Disney hindered the game in any way, and this is coming from someone that thinks that too much Disney/Pixar priority ruined the original worlds.

That said, I think the overall ambitious nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III hindered the end product, seeing as how Nomura himself admitted to running out of space for the game, and having to redo various cutscenes for the sake of saving space.

Elysium

Awards
Considering Disney was so strict that they wanted freaking eyelids to move in a specific way I wouldn't be surprised if they did treat Frozen like Barbie.
I guess because to me that seems like a random comparison; I can't think of a single correlation between Barbie and Frozen. It would be more apt to compare Frozen to The Lion King, the last animated film that did massive business, was pushed everywhere, and was liked by most people. TLK is also hated by a certain counterculture subset online.

The songs of Frozen was one of its selling points, makes sense why they put it in the game but it irritates me that the other worlds didn't get any songs. (I guess Tangled kinda had a song but...the song is plot related)
I still believe "I See the Light" should've been a part of the Corona world. We don't get to see much of Flynn and Rapunzel interacting as it is, but cutting that moment, it feels like whiplash when Flynn suddenly cares so much about this girl he wanted to get rid of 15 minutes prior.

dianted

Awards
Anna and Kristoff's and Rapunzel and Flynn's relationship both seemed heavily rushed, mainly due to the Frozen cast barely being around and R&F being cut out halfway through the world. Both worlds could have benefited heavily from just being a bit more Disney for a minute, especially in Arendelle's case.

Back