• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What did you LIKE about Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I haven't poked around the forums too much to see if this was done already. (Apologies if there's an existing thread of this.) But what are some things you like about Kingdom Hearts 3? Or if you haven't completed the game, what have you liked about it so far?

I would like to hear something positive about it. And it doesn't have to be a long list of things! I just feel like a good chunk of us are too caught up in the lack of content, secret ending, and epilogue of the game. lol. (Which I'm still thinking about tbh.)

So to start us off, I was honestly surprised at the amount of callbacks there were to previous game titles. Including their openings making it into the game as minor details. You can tell a lot of love and thought certainly went into Kingdom Hearts 3. I genuinely liked seeing Sora's heart station erupt into a bunch of birds like it did in Kingdom Hearts one. Including his struggle in the water as he tried to swim towards the light.

And I did enjoy almost every world I went to within the game. Seriously, those worlds were huge! I will admit it was a bit overwhelming at first to get used to the vast size of it. As well as trying to navigate it. But I like how if you swing your keyblade around, some of the NPCs will sort of flee from you or complain? I got a good laugh out of that.

And the humor between SDG was fabulous.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty much everything except how Kairi was written and the Frozen musicals. Things could've been so much worse, but I'm soooo glad I like it this much. I'm enjoying watching other people play it now too. Been throwing around so many theories with my pals so that's always a good sign.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Favorite moments
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zul

Awards

+The world design and size, the fact that it was filled with lots of minor NPCs as well.
+The Disney characters interacting with the villains more, DDD had them portal in the second the Disney characters were gone.
+Gummiphone so that characters could communicate easier.

All I can think of off the top of my head.

Obiewantsanipod

When Kairi dies.

I also like the parts where characters from different games were reunited with their friends. I especially like the scene when Aqua realizes she's in the realm of light. The scene where Terra gets his body back seemed anticlimactic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smithee

Awards
E.g., the boss-battle with the Titans (especially the Tornado one).

Obiewantsanipod

E.g., the boss-battle with the Titans (especially the Tornado one).

Really? I thought the idea was badass but the implementation was half-assed at best. The Titans seemed very blocky and their movements were kind of clunky and floopy. Is what I'm saying making any sense? I mean they weren't smooth, not their movements nor their attacks.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
- Graphics, gameplay and soundtrack are all top notch.

- Excluding 100 Acre Wood, all the 7 Disney World made me feel the staff did everything they could to make each one a unique experience. The problem with Arendelle is that it has Disney's fingertips all over it, which made things harder for them.

- How every Disney World had at least one Org. member associated to it and a reason for it. Makes the story feel more connected.

- New Original Worlds (Final World and Scala ad Caleum).

- Story direction. I really liked how there were intermissions to what Riku/Mickey and Kairi/Lea were doing.

- Other playable characters besides Sora. Even though I'm not satisfied with Riku's screentime, Sora not being the only playable character was good.

- Keyblade War and how everyone was a party member.

- The final battle against Master Xehanort is such a spectacle.

- SoraxKairi romantic moments.

- SDG trio interactions.

- Character's new designs.

- Nomura's salt (Verum Rex, Yozora...).

- Tweets loading screen.

- Epilogue.

- Secret Ending. Did you ever loved something even though it didn't make any sense?! That's the Secret Ending for me.

kaseykockroach

Awards
The story is only slightly less silly than KH2, but it did a better job convincing me it was worth giving a crap what's going on. The whole 'new princesses of heart' aspect didn't go anywhere, but it's more acceptable than "Oh no, the Organization wants us to kill more heartless!" "Gawrsh what'll we do?" "....Let's go kill more heartless to save people that don't exist because the worlds are so empty" "Yay!". At the very least, Xehanort's minions are always putting innocent civilians and Disney characters in peril,and that's enough incentive for me as a player to care.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The respect given to the Disney worlds featured.

Oh my lord, the advancement in technology and direct collaboration with Disney and Pixar has made me fall in love with the Disney worlds featured in this game so HARD that all the Disney worlds from previous entries just feel primitive in comparison (save for Beast Castle with its plot).

ImVentus

Awards
. That fresh looking WATER simulation. I couldn't get enough of how the water blew my mind on the PS4 Pro. The river in Rapunzel's hideout looked eve better than in the film. Then you had the underwater rooms in Pirates. And now SE can make a Finding Nemo world possible without too much tweaking. Not to mention, really appreciate the wet clothing, skin & hair. Nice attention to detail.

. Dearly Beloved rendition

. Many parts of the soundtrack

. The Pre-rendered animations, excluding LIG.

. The gummiphone

. Larxene's laugh

. Luxord roasting Sora

. Sora being roasted as a whole by the Org members

. All Dark Riku cutscenes

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

LostArtist

Awards
Camera feature, such a good add, I've played around with it a lot lmao

Airstep is such a good movement/combat addition, it's satisfying as hell to use

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Overall, I pretty much like the game, but there are some aspects I think could have been handled better, and hopefully aren't present in the next game, such as over-focusing on non-KH properties.

LostArtist

Awards
I just finished completely exploring Corona. I've climbed so many trees. Unpopular opinion, but I like the whole forest area!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’ve really enjoyed the commentary between SDG, every world, exploration, THE COMBAT, the graphics, the new worlds...I mean just sooo much. I really think it’s the best entry in the series.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
While I do have plenty of issues with Kingdom Hearts 3, I did overall really enjoy it. In a lot of ways it is one of the better games in the series.

First of all I really enjoyed the game play, the game was a bit too easy even on proud, but i can't say I didn't have fun playing it.

The Keyblade transformation were a nice addition, my favorite changing as I play the game. I think currently it's the Monsters Keyblade, seeing I love those magical Yo-Yos.

The option to level up Keyblades was also nice. As was being able to equip multiple Keyblades at once, switching between them on the fly. I especially enjoyed these additions, because they allowed me to keep the Kingdom Key as my primary weapon while trying out the others.

The camera and the emblems side quest was really cool. I liked how the moogles gave us additional photo missions. Though i honestly do wish we also had more general missions and objectives to complete like in 0.2.

Being able to play as both Aqua and Riku for a fight or two was nice, though i wish they had kept our shortlist config from Sora. Having Cure go from being mapped from x to triangle was not optimal.

I was really impressed with the worlds in this game. Corona was beautiful and San Frantokyo was a lot of fun to see, though i wish we had seen Hiro's aunt's Shop and their cat.
I was impressed with how the game managed to win me over on words I was less than thrilled to hear be included. The Caribbean was really pretty and exploring the islands and fighting off enemy ships was more fun than i expected. Monster inc was creative in how it had us travel through the company even and the way they tied it into Vanitas was really quite smart.
Even toy story wasn't as bad as I feared it be, despite not being attached to the characters or stories, the world was fun to explore and had creative enemies.

The battle gates are a nice returning feature for post content and seem to be good options for level grinding. I would have hoped for portals that let us redo boss fights like in DDD, but what we got wasn't bad.

I liked the Herc world exclusive collectible side quest. I wish they also done similar things in the other worlds seeing it was kind of fun having a side quest for a npc of the world, hopefully future games on the consoles will revisit this idea.

While we didn't get as many interactions as I wanted, the ones we did get were pretty good. The banter between Sora, Donald and Goofy was really funny and I enjoyed it most of the time.

Being able to have the other main characters as party members was a lot of fun, battling aside Axel, Kairi, Riku, Aqua, Ven, Roxas, Xion and Mickey was nice. Wish those battles were revisitable, but hey that's what save files are for.

The games far from perfect, but it's also clearly not bad. For future games I hope they manage to maintain these improvements, built out on them and improve on the short comings prevalent in this game.

The games far from perfect, but it's just as far for.

The games far from perform, but it's also clearly not bad. For future games I hope they manage to maintain these improvements, built out on them and improve on the short comings prevalent in this game.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Regardless of whether or not the ending was the payoff we deserved, the journey was a lot of fun. Overall, I think I quite enjoyed making my way through it.

Right out of the gate, hearing Dearly Beloved's concert-hall-worthy of an arrangement slowly escalate into its familiar melody and fade out on winding, blissful keys was a real treat. Our immediate staples thereafter, the (very well built) montage backed by the Chikai arrangement and the most beautiful Visual Works opening to grace KH gripped meee I tell you! The Station of Awakening was hauntingly divine as always, especially now that the tutorial skates the edge of The Final World It was great to see KH1!Sora all dressed up in new graphics for a brief callback to where it all started. Loved the standard fare Darkside battle and redesign. And that's just making it out of the gawddamn intro!~

Some other random highlights for me were:

- KH being in on the jokes this time, quipping back at its own, cheesy dialogue. I think there's one point in the Caribbean Goofy tells Sora it just goes in one ear and out the other. Donald has some good ones too. They all do, especially while palling around at Mysterious Tower.

- Speaking of which, Mysterious Tower's arrangement was one of my favorite. The claws were still hooked in me from the prologue when we visit Yen Sid, but if they hadn't I would have been reeled back into attention.

- Honestly, I enjoyed most of the Disney worlds! Some more than anticipated, even if they did adhere to the plot of the film, like Arendelle. Omg, exploring it at night time - stunning! I also quite liked the labyrinth despite never getting lost in it.

- Toy Box and the Caribbean were my favorites. The Toy Story world really did seem to have all of Nomura's passion (maybe even spurred by salt) infused into it. It was incredible down to the last detail Mike and Sully post-it note. The latter surprised me in the best possible ways: the amount of open, genuine exploration was much appreciated, the multiple styles of combat (sky, land, sea, and ship), it's much more gorgeous and fluid than the Port Royal we got in KHII. Plus, it housed the Ariel summon. Don't know why I didn't anticipate it being in this world. <3

- Inclusion of the water spell and access to multiple, equippable tiers of magic. Hydro affinities on lock (see previous sentences).

- I haven't played its Final Mix, but KHII is one of my least favorite games (in terms of plot, writing, etc), but I found myself enjoying picking up on all the nods to that game suprisingly, and, though it goes without saying, the rest. Dat Sora/Riku Combined Keyblade sequence (nod to DDD) was right.

I could go on, but I'd rather get to my Proud playthrough. There really is sooo much to like about this game, and I will cherish the good stuff, because it IS worth the solid gameplay. The emotional payoff just wasn't quite there for me at the end, and I just know they could have done it better, paced things out better, prioritized this moment. Though, and this is closing on another like, I did find myself moved to tears multiple times: when TAV broke down on the ground, reunited, and when Sora "disappeared" on Destiny Islands.

Overall, KHIII satifies in some ways and in other ways, it doesn't. I think it's healthy to critique the series, but I love myriad elements too.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Sora, Donald, and Goofy were given the love they deserved again in terms of writing and importance.

I know she didn't do as much as she should have after the fact, but the way they wrote Aqua's rescue from the Dark Realm literally brought me to intense tears of joy. Like they really lingered on how happy she was to be free. I think her and Ven's stuff before the finale was written really well in general. And the reunions during the finale were also very satisfying, in spite of how fast they were.

The freaking Disney worlds were so good, I want them all to be this big and have even more original stories from now on. Or if they must redo the movie, at least the longer length makes it less of a crappy cliff-notes version.

Having a new Disney character chilling in an original world again. I realize Merlin has never stopped, but that's sorta normal now lol. I liked the implementation of Remy.

Just little details were so nice. I was weirdly excited, for instance, when I saw the Gummi Boss from Kh2 in front of Port Royal was still there, in pieces, laying around the area in front of the Caribbean. It being 1 of the 2 returning worlds (on the world map), I was super glad they implemented a little detail like that.

Keyblade Transformations are rad. The new, quick team attacks are good. The summons/links were all gorgeous or cute, and had quirky gameplay to throw in the mix.

The enemy design was top notch, the best since KH1 in my opinion.

Askelon

Yeah, Donald and Goofy being relevant storywise and gameplaywise is a pleasant surprise. In KH2 i often saw them as deadweight and KH3 really make them shine.

Back