• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it just me, or does enemy placement begin to trail off late game... (Some spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Ahoy hoy,

So as I'm nearly finished with this long awaited game that has alluded us all for 13 years (if that was intentional on Nomura's sake then shame on him for a really lame coincidence) I've begun to notice some patterns. Notably, the dark enemies in the worlds clash with the worlds theming.

Think about it:
Olympus we've got flame cores, water cores, earth cores minotaurs, bowmen air soldiers and soldiers. All of these are right at home in the ancient styled world, with weapons and properties linking themselves to greek mythology.

Twilight town, bowmen, soldiers, large bodies, and soldiers, okay, kind of makes some sense, it is an in between world,
Then the powerwilds come in, and as much as I love these guys, they really seem out of place in the temperate woodland that is the woods of twilight town. I get it, they can climb trees now and throw nuts, we haven't seen these guys in a main series game since Chain of memories, but they'd be right at home in a world like the Jungle book, or Peter pan's islands.

Toy Box: Okay, the enemies here actually mesh very well here, especially the marionettes. I've got nothing.

Arendelle (sigh): Ninjas in what is essentially Iceland mixed in with Caribous and soldiers, Couldn't we have had these guys in the Big hero 6 world?

San Fransokyo: We've got a T-REX rampaging through the streets of Not-San Francisco, with a volcano on it's back, how does this tie in to the movie again? Oh and snipers, looots of snipers under bridges, in the streets, and around every corner. Yep, just like the two real cities.

I get that the game took a while to make and there's only so much they could do with so little to go off of having to remake everything from the ground up, but this is hard to ignore when you see it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So, I guess I get your issue with the Ninjas, but I was too excited that Larxene has her own Nobody finally to really care lol. I guess it just worked out that Marluxia fits the aesthetic of Corona more then she does for Arendelle.

I think the T-Rex thing was supposed to be Kaiju-esque. Which is what Fred's super hero costume is literally based on, so I think it actually fits that world pretty well.

Soldier

Awards
So, I guess I get your issue with the Ninjas, but I was too excited that Larxene has her own Nobody finally to really care lol. I guess it just worked out that Marluxia fits the aesthetic of Corona more then she does for Arendelle.

I think the T-Rex thing was supposed to be Kaiju-esque. Which is what Fred's super hero costume is literally based on, so I think it actually fits that world pretty well.
The reapers in Corona were a nice touch, It makes a lot of sense given Marluxias flower theme. If Vexen was given a nobody to lord over it would fit better in Arendelle than ninjas.
Now that you mention the Kaiju esque design, I guess I can kind of forgive it for that, it worked out a lot better than the Tyranto rex in Country of the musketeers at least.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I... personally don't think it's a problem at all? There are a plethora of enemies they can choose from and old designs, so it isn't a wonder they decided to rehash some, or outright ignore themes.

Perkilator

Awards
Almost three months late, I know, but it doesn't trail off that much. That said, I'd change enemy placement to...

Toy Box: Replace Heartless with Dream Eaters

Arendelle: Replace Ninjas with Beserkers

San Fransokyo: Replace Snipers with Reapers, Ninjas and Samurai

(I'd also replace Heartless with Unversed in these two worlds, but that's just me.)

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The heartless in Arendelle fit the world perfectly. Sure Larxene's nobodies are sort of out of place, but I like that they feel out of place, it reminds you that they're invading the world and don't belong.

I liked the monkey heartless in Twilight Town's forest. They upgraded the forest to be much larger, so it sort of made sense and was a nice tough of nostalgia. It also worked in The Caribbean where they only used them where there were trees.

Awards
I don’t think they trail off. Each world still has unique enemies that fit in with it.

Even though Arendelle had the Ninjas, it still had the snow themed Heartless. And San Fransokyo had the robot themed Heartless.

Every KH game always had some Heartless that may not have fit in with the type of world, but those worlds had plenty that did as well.

And in DDD almost none of the Dream Eaters fit in with any of worlds. Why would The Grid have snails and owls in it?

Awards
Well, mainly because it was going for more of a Pokémon thing with Dream Eaters (that don’t fly with KH3).

Well yeah I know, I was just making a point to say that a lot of the times the enemies don’t “fit in” with the world, it’s not just a KH3 thing.

Back