• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana Nanananana

I WHOLE[B]HEART[/B]EDLY (teehee) agree with EVERYTHING you said here! If you look back at the Kingdom of Corona's ending, with Rapunzel wanting to save Flynn, and him saying it could end her life, I feel like it was foreshadowing to Sora's fate.

Yep, and I think that's the real theme behind KH3, not just resolution, but the price of Sora being Sora-like. It's why Organization XIII mocks his whole "my friends are my power" deal. Once they saw how powerful it was in Dream Drop Distance, they realized that it's ALSO his biggest weakness because of his willingness to jump into danger without thinking if it means saving his friends. It's an admirable trait to have, but it's only a matter of time until playing with fire burns you. Young Xehanort knew this, and that's why he kept prodding at it.

In fact, that's why Xemnas took Kairi as hostage and then Xehanort killed her -- Once his friends are in danger, he's not going to think clearly, he's only got one mode: go.

Look back to the very first world, Olympus, specifically the scene with Xigbar. "Does having a heart of light come with an extremely good insurance policy?" "No good will ever come from putting other people first." "You'll finally realize what destiny has in store for you. In fact, your reward might be right around the corner. You're so close!"

And the REAL interesting quote... "[I]I don't admire one guy leaping into danger if it means someone else might have to jump in to save him. You're all just lining up to lose out. Dooming others to take the fall with ya. Oh, and you can spare me the usual party line. Yes, hearts are powerful when thy're connected. But if you put too much of that power in one place, some of those hearts might end up breaking. Still, Sora, that doesn't mean you should change. Accept the power you're given. Find the hearts joined to yours.[/I]"

They were alluding to Sora's fate the entire time! From the very beginning, they KNEW what was going to happen, because they know Sora is the type to leap in and rely on his friends for power. It's not something you really think about while playing the game, but when you look back... Yeah, it all makes sense, because everybody warned him and even put so much emphasis on Sora being reckless. The ending was foreshadowed incredibly well, but because the entire focus was on saving everyone, we didn't even consider what all that could come with -- neither did Sora.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
@Ballad of Caius
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yep, and I think that's the real theme behind KH3, not just resolution, but the price of Sora being Sora-like. It's why Organization XIII mocks his whole "my friends are my power" deal. Once they saw how powerful it was in Dream Drop Distance, they realized that it's ALSO his biggest weakness because of his willingness to jump into danger without thinking if it means saving his friends. It's an admirable trait to have, but it's only a matter of time until playing with fire burns you. Young Xehanort knew this, and that's why he kept prodding at it.

In fact, that's why Xemnas took Kairi as hostage and then Xehanort killed her -- Once his friends are in danger, he's not going to think clearly, he's only got one mode: go.

Look back to the very first world, Olympus, specifically the scene with Xigbar. "Does having a heart of light come with an extremely good insurance policy?" "No good will ever come from putting other people first." "You'll finally realize what destiny has in store for you. In fact, your reward might be right around the corner. You're so close!"

And the REAL interesting quote... "[I]I don't admire one guy leaping into danger if it means someone else might have to jump in to save him. You're all just lining up to lose out. Dooming others to take the fall with ya. Oh, and you can spare me the usual party line. Yes, hearts are powerful when thy're connected. But if you put too much of that power in one place, some of those hearts might end up breaking. Still, Sora, that doesn't mean you should change. Accept the power you're given. Find the hearts joined to yours.[/I]"

They were alluding to Sora's fate the entire time! From the very beginning, they KNEW what was going to happen, because they know Sora is the type to leap in and rely on his friends for power. It's not something you really think about while playing the game, but when you look back... Yeah, it all makes sense, because everybody warned him and even put so much emphasis on Sora being reckless. The ending was foreshadowed incredibly well, but because the entire focus was on saving everyone, we didn't even consider what all that could come with -- neither did Sora.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

@Ballad of Caius
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I feel one of my biggest grips with the game is that they spent too much time setting up the next game and not enough resolving the previous plotlines and how Sora centric everything ended up.

It felt like no one, but Sora got to accomplish anything, which is my least favorite shonnen and video game trope.

Not exactly, why do you think that?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If I remember correctly Young 'nort said the power was meant to travel hearts to reach worlds, like Riku did to get to Sora's Station of Awakening and the Destiny Island in Sora's heart.

From what Xehanort said it seems Sora's using it in the opposite way from what was intended. Traveling worlds to reach hearts and that really frequently.

Still things are so vague I really dont know what the price Sora paid was or how to read the ending. Either way Sora seems to have ended up in Shibuya, so chances of him being on the verge of returning to the final world aren't too unlikely.
But he might have also ended up in the sleeping realm again or another worldline, who knows at this point.

There are several pretty simple explanations actually,

and Ventus does not even need to remember anything specific yet as since this Chirithy is his personal one he would instinctively welcome it regardless of his own memory status.
In this series when you're deeply connected with someone you feel that regardless of current memory status because memories are immortal and never fully lost, only inaccessible for various reasons.

Ven is also such a sweet kid that it is totally within his character to just accept the Chirithy and cuddle it. In one of the story updates of Union Cross when it comes to creating Spirit Dream Eaters he is totally smitten with them too and Chirithy is a Dream Eater after all.

As for Terra and Aqua, they probably just run with it since the Chirithy does not seem dangerous and it obviously makes Ven happy so they're ok with having it around.
Who knows, the Chirithy may actually become the new mascot and/or "housekeeper" for Land of Departure when TAV are away meeting their other friends or fulfilling a mission.

I agree Ven even if he doesn't recognize him wouldn't reject him and upon noticing the shy timid little guy would welcome him to come forward and become his friend.

I love the idea of Chirithy looking after the place while the others are out and about.

What puzzles me about Chirithy being at the land of departure, is how is he in the realm of light. I thought dreameaters could only exist in the realm of sleep.

The heartbinder making a temporary exception for Sora's dreameaters.

Considering the size of the mansion, we'd probably get to see Lea, Roxas, Xion, and Isa reside there too. So they can all be together. If it's even bigger than we get to see or if it's renovated bigger, Hayner, Pence, and Olette could live there too. Having the group live there they could have their own Ansem's castle situation.

I think it'd probably be a great place for RAXIN to live, seeing they could be together as much as they want and wouldnvt have to worry about rent, being squaters and all haha

I donvt think HPO should join them though, seeing they're still going to school and have families to live with.

There's definitely a problem for me in the whole treatment of Sora's character.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

yeah the treatment of Sora by his friends bugged me too. I get some friendly teasing, but Donald and Goofy were at times just flattout mean and disrespectful towards Sora, shuffing him away and not letting him talk etc.

I also feel like this game more than any before has the issue that the dialog says one thing but the story itself says another.

Like Sora's bot being ready, but being the only one to accomplish anything or Kairi being the one to do the protecting, only to end up needing saving and dead, to name a few examples.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I really feel like you guys are being too harsh on the whole Donald and Goofy thing. Sora picks on them too? Like the whole game they all just playfully pick, but then say something cute or sweet. Like they are like family at this point, they know each other's flaws and they don't care. Also, there are literally so many moments toward the end where it all comes to fruition. When they send him off to the Realm of Darkness like loving parents. When they stay behind with Yen Sid and tell him he is a whole pint. And obviously when they want to go to the final battle with him, and support him to the end. They even want to go with him to awaken Kairi again. So yeah I dunno. I don't see where all this too harsh stuff is really coming from.

What puzzles me about Chirithy being at the land of departure, is how is he in the realm of light. I thought dreameaters could only exist in the realm of sleep.

Well, I thought Daybreak Town was the Realm of Light as well? Which is where Chirithy was created in the first place.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS

I really feel like you guys are being too harsh on the whole Donald and Goofy thing. Sora picks on them too? Like the whole game they all just playfully pick, but then say something cute or sweet. Like they are like family at this point, they know each other's flaws and they don't care. Also, there are literally so many moments toward the end where it all comes to fruition. When they send him off to the Realm of Darkness like loving parents. When they stay behind with Yen Sid and tell him he is a whole pint. And obviously when they want to go to the final battle with him, and support him to the end. They even want to go with him to awaken Kairi again. So yeah I dunno. I don't see where all this too harsh stuff is really coming from.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My theory is that the trio's are going to be remixed, and we're going to see different friendship dynamics...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS LET'S GO FELLERS

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Should I be buffering still I guess?

Yeah I would have loved that to get resolved in the middle since I don't think it would have made a huge difference whether Aqua and Ven got saved earlier or later. In fact, I think it would have been nice for them to be around earlier. I guess maybe it wouldn't have helped everyone else getting saved so late in terms of pacing much? Since so many of them were Xehanorts. Roxas is the only other stand out that could have happened sooner. But yeah, I agree with that. It was stall things for sure. I guess in character, they were worried about him. And I guess...the ending showed that maybe that was a right call? That he can't always just pull through with no plan "cuz he is Sora".
My theory is that the trio's are going to be remixed, and we're going to see different friendship dynamics...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I mean I am down with all that. Though what about Mickey, Donald and Goofy? I don't want them getting pushed to the wayside. Them getting to develop with other characters would be fun as well. Also I guess Kairi is back lol. She needs to do....something?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I might have sounded harsher than I intended to, but Donald and Goofy's behavior especially around the King towards Sora, really rubbed me the wrong way.

The fact that they'd shove him out of the way, mid-sentence and wouldn't let him come to word was a bit frustrating to me.
In particular because Sora told them a few times to stop that.

Most of the rest seemed just like banter.
It's clear they care for each other a lot, they just dont always treat each other in the best way, which is kind of realistic I guess.

Well, I thought Daybreak Town was the Realm of Light as well? Which is where Chirithy was created in the first place.

Honestly i thought that the events in Chi were actually set in the realm of Sleep, because of the Chirithies or that the rules and realms were different before the Keyblade War.

I also kind wonder, what kind of realm places like the datascape, 300 Acre Woods and projections from the Book of Prophecies even fall under.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I also kind wonder, what kind of realm places like the datascape, 300 Acre Woods and projections from the Book of Prophecies even fall under.[/spoilers]
* The Datascape is inside the Realm of Light, it's just that you could say it's a Realm-esque creation.

* 100 Acre Woods? It's a book, so it'd work anywhere.

* The Book of Prophecies could work as the Acre book as well.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
* The Datascape is inside the Realm of Light, it's just that you could say it's a Realm-esque creation.

* 100 Acre Woods? It's a book, so it'd work anywhere.

* The Book of Prophecies could work as the Acre book as well.

Wouldn't the same apply for thedatascape, move the computer and it'd work anywhere?

Upon further reflection i guess they all fall under realm of light seeing the realm of they are inhabited by humans like in the RoL and some few heartless and not dreameaters.

Still a part of me feel the might border closer to the realm of sleep, seeing their unique nature.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wouldn't the same apply for thedatascape, move the computer and it'd work anywhere?

Upon further reflection i guess they all fall under realm of light seeing the realm of they are inhabited by humans like in the RoL and some few heartless and not dreameaters.

Still a part of me feel the might border closer to the realm of sleep, seeing their unique nature.

The Realm of Sleep is a creation of the worlds that were overtaken by darkness. As they slumber in the darkness, they dream their memories, and these memories create the Realm of Sleep.

The Datascape is just a man-made creation that you could say functions as an inner realm inside the Realm of Light. Think of it as a house with a room.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Hayer Pence Olettle, they do not know Roxas, they only hear about him in passing. Suddenly they want to save him and be his friend because sora told them too. Their is no connection among them at all. If anything HPO data version probably grew their own hearts and are missing their friend

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hayer Pence Olettle, they do not know Roxas, they only hear about him in passing. Suddenly they want to save him and be his friend because sora told them too. Their is no connection among them at all. If anything HPO data version probably grew their own hearts and are missing their friend

Actually Roxas befriended them sorta in Days, their interactions were few, but they all seemed to get along pretty well.

That's probably why their data counterparts were chosen as his friends and why the name seemed familiar.

Also KH2 implied that there was some bleedover from the data counterparts, but it was never explained.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Actually Roxas befriended them sorta in Days, their interactions were few, but they all seemed to get along pretty well.

That's probably why their data counterparts were chosen as his friends and why the name seemed familiar.

Also KH2 implied that there was some bleedover from the data counterparts, but it was never explained.
They don't remember that. So it like it never happened.

Axendra

Hello! First post I'm making here. Hope I'm doing it right. XD
Not sure if this has already been discussed at all yet but can anyone explain why Axel was able to summon his keyblade again after it was shattered by Xemnas? I was just a bit confused because when Riku's keyblade broke in the Dark Margin he had to go back to Master Yensid for his new one...
Just funny to me.
Xemnas - "Your keyblade is no more."
Lea - "Sike."

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Not sure if this has already been discussed at all yet but can anyone explain why Axel was able to summon his keyblade again after it was shattered by Xemnas? I was just a bit confused because when Riku's keyblade broke in the Dark Margin he had to go back to Master Yensid for his new one...
Just funny to me.
Lea - "Sike."

I was thinking about this for a minute.

Riku had to get a "new" Keyblade and Mickey had to repair his. Yen Sid then told them to rendezvous with Axel and Kairi to deliver their clothes, as if going to THEM was how they would get their Keyblade back. Then I realized, if Axel or Kairi re-bequeathed the Keyblade to Riku and Mickey, that's how they could get it back.

Same with Axel getting his back after it was broken. He is left off-screen with Roxas and Xion, two Keyblade wielders themselves. When everyone meets up again, Axel can summon his again, and he says they had a few "plot points" to fill in. My thought is that's how Keyblades are fixed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I feel one of my biggest grips with the game is that they spent too much time setting up the next game and not enough resolving the previous plotlines and how Sora centric everything ended up.

It felt like no one, but Sora got to accomplish anything, which is my least favorite shonnen and video game trope.

If I remember correctly Young 'nort said the power was meant to travel hearts to reach worlds, like Riku did to get to Sora's Station of Awakening and the Destiny Island in Sora's heart.

From what Xehanort said it seems Sora's using it in the opposite way from what was intended. Traveling worlds to reach hearts and that really frequently.

Still things are so vague I really dont know what the price Sora paid was or how to read the ending. Either way Sora seems to have ended up in Shibuya, so chances of him being on the verge of returning to the final world aren't too unlikely.
But he might have also ended up in the sleeping realm again or another worldline, who knows at this point.

I agree Ven even if he doesn't recognize him wouldn't reject him and upon noticing the shy timid little guy would welcome him to come forward and become his friend.

I love the idea of Chirithy looking after the place while the others are out and about.

Yeah, exactly this.
I've also brought this up a few times as it seems to be really blatant that

Nomura is already head-over-heels into the new saga with his thoughts and concepts.

So much in fact that he simply rushed the Dark Seeker saga to its end in the most quick and "flat" way possible.
Every character not named Sora is reduced to background candy and the whole "saving characters" is all crammed into the last quarter of the game and treated like working down a check list.
Beyond the admittedly well-done reunion scenes between the two other main trios there is nothing more done with those characters. They just stand there and sometimes give an one-liner (or in Roxas' and Ven's case give a meme-worthy glance at each other), even if someone can bring up the argument there not being the time for them all to interact, mingle and bond with each other, we do not get to see them fight together to end Xehanort either.

Not to mention that this could have been avoided if they had saved some of the characters before the big final clash which at least in Aqua's, Ven's and Naminé's case could have been possible with a little shift in pacing.
The whole bullshit with Aqua being forcibly darkified had only the single purpose to drag stuff out and prevent her and Ventus joining the active characters earlier.

As for the Power of Waking,

doesn't Mickey also say something along the lines of that this power isn't meant to chase disembodied hearts around? Riku proposing to meet Yen Sid and "locate Kairi" also goes into the same direction and if I remember correctly in the Re: Coded Mickey and Yen Sid speak about locating the hearts of the BBS trio and being close to discover where Ven's is.

From this I deduce that the correct way of using the Power of Waking is to locate the heart you want to wake FIRST and only THEN activate the power for short bursts, get in and wake that heart, then go back.

In DDD they also speak about the danger of getting lost into "the deep abyss" yourself if you want to save a heart i.e. when Mickey volunteers to bring Sora back in the end and Yen Sid states Riku has the better chance due to already having experience with diving into Sora's heart.
When Sora uses the power in KH III to wake Ven he can do so without any ill effects because Ven's heart is right there inside himself.

Going by this apparently the way Sora does it is activating the power, going in and then running around searching for the heart(s) he wants to save for extended time which of course increases the risks and that in turn lines up with what Young Xehanort says.

Going to Yen Sid, locate Kairi's heart (Xion already stated that she knows Kairi's fine and maybe she could have even helped with the locating) and then bring her back with a single use of the Power of Waking as Riku suggested would have been the way to do it with the least risks for everyone but Sora just had to be stubborn and do it "his" way.

And that folks is one of the reasons why he isn't officially a Master yet.
Sora's intentions are indeed almost always pure and with an aim to help, but there's neither a strategy nor a risk calculation to it and thus it can have ill side effects.
This time it affects mostly Sora himself but it can also be that others close to him will also suffer some of those side effects, and that's what Xigbar in Olympus was pointing out.

In DDD Sora already fell into the deep abyss once and if I recall correctly Young Xehanort implied this would happen again.
When Riku and Ansem SoD talk in DDD there is the statement that the Realm of Sleep and the Deep Abyss are definitely connected and there is apparently a connection to the RoD too as in KH III there is talk from Mickey about how Aqua fell even deeper.
Sora ending up in Shibuya I could actually see being Joshua's work. In DDD he states that both Sora and Riku helped Neku and the others return by connecting with them so this could now be the whole thing reversed by Joshua, Neku and the TWEWY gang locating Sora's heart in the Deep Abyss and guiding/transferring it to Shibuya. Riku is connected with them too so maybe they'll try to guide him over too so he can repeat the feat from DDD to bring Sora back.
The only big mysteries in this scenario are how the MoM and that Yozora-kid from Verum Rex play into it.

Regarding that part from the ending:

The main idea is that even if he doesn't remember Ventus would feel a connection and be drawn to the Chirithy since as Naminé said in CoM already, memories are immortal and never truly lost, only possibly buried and out of conscious reach.

Independent from this I'd say Ven is generally a person who likes cute things and gets drawn to those. In Union Cross when Brain/Blaine first shows the new Union Leaders drawings of the Spirit Dream Eaters Ven gets totally giddy and excited about them alongside Skuld.

In the bigger picture I am certainly convinced that Ven's Chirithy joining TAV is a sort of setup for their next story and character arcs as I doubt Ven would go into all this alone, Terra and Aqua will definitely want to support him.

If I recall correctly this is also explained in Union Cross by Ephemer or Blaine. Chirithys are prototypes that have some abilities regular spirits do not possess so maybe existing in the Realm of Light is one of those.

Another possibility is that a Chirithy can exist in the RoL due to the bond with its assigned wielder.
The main question is how this Chirithy, which waited so long in the Final World, got back to the RoL all of a sudden. Ven was awakened way earlier so theoretically it could have joined Ven even before the final battles with Xehanort.
In the Final World itself however it tells Sora that "he" is better off right now and happy with his new friends and implies it would wait until Ven joins him in the Final World some day, so what caused it to change its mind and seek Ven out?

From how it behaves it also looks like it would be content with just watching from afar as it hides behind the tree at first, only jetting over when Ven explicitly invites it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Just funny to me.
Lea - "Sike."

Yeah idk, I did notice that as well. All I can think is by "no more" he meant "no more for now, like long enough I will murder you all anyway so it doesn't matter" lol

Yeah, exactly this.
I've also brought this up a few times as it seems to be really blatant that

[FONT=Verdana]Nomura is already head-over-heels into the new saga with his thoughts and concepts.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]So much in fact that he simply rushed the Dark Seeker saga to its end in the most quick and "flat" way possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Every character not named Sora is reduced to background candy and the whole "saving characters" is all crammed into the last quarter of the game and treated like working down a check list.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Beyond the admittedly well-done reunion scenes between the two other main trios there is nothing more done with those characters. They just stand there and sometimes give an one-liner (or in Roxas' and Ven's case give a meme-worthy glance at each other), even if someone can bring up the argument there not being the time for them all to interact, mingle and bond with each other, we do not get to see them fight together to end Xehanort either.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Not to mention that this could have been avoided if they had saved some of the characters before the big final clash which at least in Aqua's, Ven's and Naminé's case could have been possible with a little shift in pacing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The whole bullshit with Aqua being forcibly darkified had only the single purpose to drag stuff out and prevent her and Ventus joining the active characters earlier.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

As for the Power of Waking,

[FONT=Verdana]doesn't Mickey also say something along the lines of that this power isn't meant to chase disembodied hearts around? Riku proposing to meet Yen Sid and "locate Kairi" also goes into the same direction and if I remember correctly in the Re: Coded Mickey and Yen Sid speak about locating the hearts of the BBS trio and being close to discover where Ven's is.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]From this I deduce that the correct way of using the Power of Waking is to locate the heart you want to wake FIRST and only THEN activate the power for short bursts, get in and wake that heart, then go back.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]In DDD they also speak about the danger of getting lost into "the deep abyss" yourself if you want to save a heart i.e. when Mickey volunteers to bring Sora back in the end and Yen Sid states Riku has the better chance due to already having experience with diving into Sora's heart.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]When Sora uses the power in KH III to wake Ven he can do so without any ill effects because Ven's heart is right there inside himself.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Going by this apparently the way Sora does it is activating the power, going in and then running around searching for the heart(s) he wants to save for extended time which of course increases the risks and that in turn lines up with what Young Xehanort says.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Going to Yen Sid, locate Kairi's heart (Xion already stated that she knows Kairi's fine and maybe she could have even helped with the locating) and then bring her back with a single use of the Power of Waking as Riku suggested would have been the way to do it with the least risks for everyone but Sora just had to be stubborn and do it "his" way.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]And that folks is one of the reasons why he isn't officially a Master yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Sora's intentions are indeed almost always pure and with an aim to help, but there's neither a strategy nor a risk calculation to it and thus it can have ill side effects.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]This time it affects mostly Sora himself but it can also be that others close to him will also suffer some of those side effects, and that's what Xigbar in Olympus was pointing out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]In DDD Sora already fell into the deep abyss once and if I recall correctly Young Xehanort implied this would happen again.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]When Riku and Ansem SoD talk in DDD there is the statement that the Realm of Sleep and the Deep Abyss are definitely connected and there is apparently a connection to the RoD too as in KH III there is talk from Mickey about how Aqua fell even deeper.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Sora ending up in Shibuya I could actually see being Joshua's work. In DDD he states that both Sora and Riku helped Neku and the others return by connecting with them so this could now be the whole thing reversed by Joshua, Neku and the TWEWY gang locating Sora's heart in the Deep Abyss and guiding/transferring it to Shibuya. Riku is connected with them too so maybe they'll try to guide him over too so he can repeat the feat from DDD to bring Sora back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The only big mysteries in this scenario are how the MoM and that Yozora-kid from Verum Rex play into it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

Regarding that part from the ending:

[FONT=Verdana]The main idea is that even if he doesn't remember Ventus would feel a connection and be drawn to the Chirithy since as Naminé said in CoM already, memories are immortal and never truly lost, only possibly buried and out of conscious reach.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Independent from this I'd say Ven is generally a person who likes cute things and gets drawn to those. In Union Cross when Brain/Blaine first shows the new Union Leaders drawings of the Spirit Dream Eaters Ven gets totally giddy and excited about them alongside Skuld.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]In the bigger picture I am certainly convinced that Ven's Chirithy joining TAV is a sort of setup for their next story and character arcs as I doubt Ven would go into all this alone, Terra and Aqua will definitely want to support him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]If I recall correctly this is also explained in Union Cross by Ephemer or Blaine. Chirithys are prototypes that have some abilities regular spirits do not possess so maybe existing in the Realm of Light is one of those.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Another possibility is that a Chirithy can exist in the RoL due to the bond with its assigned wielder.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The main question is how this Chirithy, which waited so long in the Final World, got back to the RoL all of a sudden. Ven was awakened way earlier so theoretically it could have joined Ven even before the final battles with Xehanort.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]In the Final World itself however it tells Sora that "he" is better off right now and happy with his new friends and implies it would wait until Ven joins him in the Final World some day, so what caused it to change its mind and seek Ven out?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]From how it behaves it also looks like it would be content with just watching from afar as it hides behind the tree at first, only jetting over when Ven explicitly invites it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

I did think when they finally got to it, Aqua and Ven were handled very well. They both got some nice scenes, before, during and after their rescue. But then yes, all the Keyblade Graveyard rescues were in insane succession, to the point they put them both into the same section of the labyrinth lol. I agree their reunion scenes were great though. I have commented on it before, but I guess I personally do support the decision to end the saga with the main trio we started it with. As much as I love a lot of these other characters. I guess I also feel they aren't going away and will have their chances to shine again (like Aqua said before her one, single boss fight in this game lol).
[/FONT]
Skipping to the end ha, I could see Sora talking about friendship making Chirithy leave due to impatience, like it wants its "friend" back. And as you said maybe it was content just watching from afar at first. But obviously that didn't last lol. This sounds like the kind of smaller detail Nomura COULD explain in the next game in a small scene, or something he just sorta brushes off.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

didn't love how they made Riku all suave and hetero when reaching out to Namine during the ending. Riku's gay as hell

Back