• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblades and transformations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

khoury93

Is anyone else rather disappointed in the lack of personal keyblades in this game. Most games we have some keyblades that show character growth or links with other original characters, however this game we were limited to world keyblades and a couple of bonus ones with ratatouille and classic kingdom. I just feel with the way they carried their transformations each having personal shotlocks it wouldve been the perfecr opportunity to give sora access to blades like no name (luxus keyblade?) And Terras keyblade after forming bonds or beating these characters. In doing so movesets like that of lingering will or no heart from bbs would've been perfect transformations ! But thats just my opinion would love to hear everyone elses.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm honestly a bit disappointed by the lack of Oblivion and Oathkeeper in Sora's Arsenal. Those keyblades are as iconic to me as Sora's default Keyblade.

Like you said, it would have been cool having blades refer to his friends with transdormations and moves representing them or their bond.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key

I'm more disappointed we didn't get to see Master Xehanort use No Name's Transformation (assuming it has one), or even the Xblade's.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Keyblade transformations was my favourite gameplay element of this game. It gave a sense of quality to the Keyblades that you were equipping, and the upgrade system ensures that every Keyblade has an equivalent footing.

So many Keyblade designs from either Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts II can arguably be classified as disposable. I never felt like that for any of the Keyblades in this game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Is anyone else rather disappointed in the lack of personal keyblades in this game. Most games we have some keyblades that show character growth or links with other original characters, however this game we were limited to world keyblades and a couple of bonus ones with ratatouille and classic kingdom. I just feel with the way they carried their transformations each having personal shotlocks it wouldve been the perfecr opportunity to give sora access to blades like no name (luxus keyblade?) And Terras keyblade after forming bonds or beating these characters. In doing so movesets like that of lingering will or no heart from bbs would've been perfect transformations ! But thats just my opinion would love to hear everyone elses.

No Name is, like the X-blade, a highly special story related Keyblade with extra powers and abilities.
It would not make an ounce of sense for Sora to have access to them.

Earthshaker/Ends of the Earth is Terra's personal Keyblade, you don't give this one to another person.

I'm honestly a bit disappointed by the lack of Oblivion and Oathkeeper in Sora's Arsenal. Those keyblades are as iconic to me as Sora's default Keyblade.

Like you said, it would have been cool having blades refer to his friends with transdormations and moves representing them or their bond.

From what I've gathered they seem to be Roxas' default blades now.

I'm up for this idea actually, especially if it would be implemented as Sora getting a special keychain directly from the person in question which turns the Keyblade into something representing that friend without giving their own unique ones to Sora.

Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key Kingdom Key

I'm more disappointed we didn't get to see Master Xehanort use No Name's Transformation (assuming it has one), or even the Xblade's.

Well, we did get to see the transformations of that one when fighting No Heart in BBS Final Mix.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I did miss some of the old keyblades, especially Oblivion and Oathkeeper. I understand that they had to come up with some sort of different gameplay-element for basically every single keyblade, but if they can give Kingdom Key and Starlight (and the PS4-exclusive keyblade; don't know about the XBox One alternative) pretty much almost the same transformation with only one varying finisher, then I still think they could've implemented some old keyblades. I know that Oblivion and Oathkeeper are kind of Roxas's thing now, but they do represent Riku and Kairi (and I just love their designs so much so I'm also biased).

khoury93

No Name is, like the X-blade, a highly special story related Keyblade with extra powers and abilities.
It would not make an ounce of sense for Sora to have access to them.

Earthshaker/Ends of the Earth is Terra's personal Keyblade, you don't give this one to another person.

I'm up for this idea actually, especially if it would be implemented as Sora getting a special keychain directly from the person in question which turns the Keyblade into something representing that friend without giving their own unique ones to Sora.

Well, we did get to see the transformations of that one when fighting No Heart in BBS Final Mix.

Oh i understand that theyre their personal keyblades i just meant in a gimmicky sense similar to void gear and no name in bbs.

Additionally i didnt necessarily mean needing to bring back old keyblades more so new designs potentially to represent different character bonds and growth. More so than just disney based ones.

I just personally feel some of the best designed keyblades from past games were ones without that disney link where the creators got to have a bit more involvement with the designs. End of pain, Ends of the Earth, bonds of flame, oathkeeper and oblivion, just to name a few

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I'm kind of sad that that's true now. I mean he's cool with those keyblades and all, but they used to signify Sora's bonds to Kairi and Riku. Still I do have to admit, that Roxas' strongest and most iconic image is with those two keyblades in hand. Days felt weird because he didn't have them.

I really hope they'll do something like this in the next console installment. It'd be a pity not to do something like this at some point, now that there are so many keyblade wielders that are friends, it'd be cool if they could make keychains for each other and call upon each others strengths in their times of need.

I'd ask for it in the DLC but I can't see them being able to really offer us too much additional time with most of these characters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally Keyblade transformations were my favorite gameplay additions. My only gripe is that a few were basically copies and reskins of other transformations. Namely the classic minigame keyblade who's transformations was a blantant copy of Infinity Badge's

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Personally Keyblade transformations were my favorite gameplay additions. My only gripe is that a few were basically copies and reskins of other transformations. Namely the classic minigame keyblade who's transformations was a blantant copy of Infinity Badge's

....the what lol. Well I somehow went this long without hearing about this. I just beat the game last night so I haven't done my sweep for treasures yet and thus am missing a few Classic Kingdom games.

Pooh's Keyblade was just a different Shooting Star. I find it weird that it's considered "shield form" though lol. Kinda feel like it was just cuz his colors are bee like.

UltimaXOmega

The low amount of Keyblades and half of them being clones is laziness. The gameplay mechanic itself is a great addition.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Keyblade wise the only thing I could possibly want is a "final form". If upgrading it to max level makes it look different. Upgraded Kingdom Key to look similar to Mickey's etc.

Awards
Keyblade wise the only thing I could possibly want is a "final form". If upgrading it to max level makes it look different. Upgraded Kingdom Key to look similar to Mickey's etc.

Isn't that the Keyblade of Darkness though?

But yeah there were definitely less keyblades, and maxing them out should've changed their design. Like, Starlight HAS an upgrade visually in khux.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Isn't that the Keyblade of Darkness though?

But yeah there were definitely less keyblades, and maxing them out should've changed their design. Like, Starlight HAS an upgrade visually in khux.

Yeah, but look how much different it looks when he gets it upgraded! It looks so cool

Back