• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The one thing I wanted to happen, didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hlc1988

Awards
No interaction between Riku and Terra. Come on! Why not? It needed to happen. I hope there may be something in the DLC, if there is one...

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Look if a conversation does not include Sora talking you get put on the backburner in this series.

furusatoe

One of the biggest benefits to not having all of the rescuing happen at the last minute, so to speak, would have been to allow time for more character interactions like this. We don't really get a Riku/Terra moment because by the time Terra is rescued we are just on the cusp of the finale.

And it's not just Riku/Terra that get the shaft here. There are a lot of interesting interactions that never happen because the characters return to the scene too late in the game. Roxas, Xion, etc.

fantasy08

Look if a conversation does not include Sora talking you get put on the backburner in this series.

Exactly. Blackhole Sue Sora took precedent even though this series stopped being just his story once Days and BBS came out.

Some more unforgivable character sins.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also my memory must be fuzzy,but can someone explain why Sora doesn't remember the Oblivion organization members? I thought his memory issues were all sorted out in Kh2.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly. Blackhole Sue Sora took precedent even though this series stopped being just his story once Days and BBS came out.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also my memory must be fuzzy,but can someone explain why Sora doesn't remember the Oblivion organization members? I thought his memory issues were all sorted out in Kh2.

If it brings you any peace of mind, take solace in that Roxas' beautiful overpowered ass did majority of the bulk work and took the least damage, if any. Sora was practically second in comparison. You could literally sit back and watch Saïx get creamed.

fantasy08

Oh, Hi, Twilight. I remember you. I just logged back in some days ago after being away from this site since BBS. So that's what about eight years? How's the Xion Critics Club? Those clubs still a thing?:wink:

If it brings you any peace of mind, take solace in that Roxas' beautiful overpowered ass did majority of the bulk work and took the least damage, if any. Sora was practically second in comparison. You could literally sit back and watch Saïx get creamed.

Lol, that's some small solace I suppose,but Sora still shouldn't have been there. Sora's slot should have been Lea's.

Forever Salty.:frown:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
No interaction between Riku and Terra. Come on! Why not? It needed to happen. I hope there may be something in the DLC, if there is one...

Mood. Especially since Riku remembered Terra and all that, it would've just been...nice to see anything here. Even if it were the tiniest little scene of them acknowledging the memory of each other.
Hell, even Roxas and Ventus got more by looking at each other in surprise...

Rael_Oblivion

Mood. Especially since Riku remembered Terra and all that, it would've just been...nice to see anything here. Even if it were the tiniest little scene of them acknowledging the memory of each other.
Hell, even Roxas and Ventus got more by looking at each other in surprise...
So glad other people agree with me on this. I was so sure they'd take time by the end to have interaction between Riku and Terra, with DDD and the first cutscene in the Dark World, but noooooo...

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Just in general so many missed interactions. I need them to make it up for this at some point in the future cuz i will not stand for this!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora never regained the memories of his time in Castle Oblivion. He had to choose between sticking with the memories from Castle Oblivion or regaining his memories up until right before Castle Oblivion. With that said, he only knows what Namine did for him during KH2 (not before, just that he has to thank her).

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Yeah. The unnecessary push of "Sora must be the chosen one and everything has to involve him", really did end up shoving a lot of the characters to the background. To the point of missing a lot of potentially incredible and satisfying interactions between the rest of the cast; some of which even had a lot of hype behind them (such as Riku and Terra for example).

In general, they really backloaded the story this time around, and much of the games storytelling potential was left untouched as a result. Not to mention the pacing was pretty bad to, but that's besides the point.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't see what's the issue with Sora getting the focus here. There is definitely going to be games after KH3, which means that these characters will have time to do stuff then. It would have seemed really out of place to have Terra and Riku have a conversation while trying to kill Master Xehanort or even worse, right after Terra is saved from being The Guardian have Riku chat with him about the good ol' days when Terra visited Destiny Islands and gave him the keyblade ceremony.

I rather the small moments that are powerful, rather than a 20 minute catch-up fest with characters. For example, I loved the hug scene with Xion/Roxas/Axel. I wouldn't change it at all. They didn't say much, but it was so powerful. I definitely wouldn't want some 20 minute long video of them talking nonstop about their feelings and how much they missed each other. The hug and emotion in the scene said it all.

Rael_Oblivion

I don't see what's the issue with Sora getting the focus here. There is definitely going to be games after KH3, which means that these characters will have time to do stuff then. It would have seemed really out of place to have Terra and Riku have a conversation while trying to kill Master Xehanort or even worse, right after Terra is saved from being The Guardian have Riku chat with him about the good ol' days when Terra visited Destiny Islands and gave him the keyblade ceremony.

I rather the small moments that are powerful, rather than a 20 minute catch-up fest with characters. For example, I loved the hug scene with Xion/Roxas/Axel. I wouldn't change it at all. They didn't say much, but it was so powerful. I definitely wouldn't want some 20 minute long video of them talking nonstop about their feelings and how much they missed each other. The hug and emotion in the scene said it all.
DDD established that in a game containing Sora, it was ok if someone else got the final spotlight. KHIII was set up to be a continuation of that, where Riku and Mickey got their own adventure separate from SDG, and we assumed Nomura would continue this trend of other characters than Sora showing competency. Instead, none of the other guardians (some of whom have been shown to be stronger than Sora) get to do anything on their own merit, without Sora's presence, in the entire game. Instead of getting 7 Guardians of Light who all had an equal share in facing the 13 Darknesses, it became the Sora Show while nobody else got to strike the final blow on anyone. Furthermore, even though there will be games after this, it is typically first meetings/reunions that have the most emotional impact, which later games will miss.

You say the small moments are powerful, but Riku and Terra didn't even get that. It's shown through Riku's cutscenes in Fantasia and the Dark World in this game that meeting Terra had an impact on him growing up, and Riku impacted Terra when they met by reminding Terra of his purpose to protect. Aqua and Kairi and Ventus and Sora all had conversations with each other. I would have taken a meaningful glance or nod between them, or showing them talking in the ending, but that didn't happen.

Back