• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you rank the Disney Worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EchoFringe49

The community has been fairly divisive when it comes to the disney worlds and I feel like there isn't unanimous praise or derision for any of the worlds (except for 100 Acre Woods of course.)
I'd personally rank them:
1. The Carribean- Its such a huge, expansive and varied world that's just fun to explore. I love how many secrets there are and its so fun to find them because of all the different ways that you can traverse the world.

2. Corona- This world really has a Disney magic that no other world in KH has had. The town of Corona is gorgeous and has a great vibe and most importantly, SDG are used really well without it getting in the way of the original Tangled storyline. The story is truncated of course, but I thought it was handled really well.

3. San Fransokyo- This world is gorgeous and I love how different it looks at night as well how different each building is. This world easily has my favourite music in any world, just a great variety of tracks also the chemistry between SDG and the BH6 crew was so cute and fun.

4. Toy Box- There's a crazy amount of detail in this world that really impressed me, the story was pretty good and I liked the main battle theme a lot

5. Monstropolis- the level design is fairly simplistic, but I loved some of the scenes and really enjoyed the dynamic between SDG, Sully and Mike.

6. Olympus- A decent opening level, I liked the Realm of Gods and Thebes when it gets populated but the mountain is a bit too big and empty.

7. Arendelle- A really dull world with awkward cutscenes and little effort to include SDG into the story. This just felt like Disney overstepping their bounds and forcing the world into KH3 without allowing the team to write an original story. looked nice at night tho

8. 100 Acre Wood- I feel like I don't need to expound too much lol, its just pointless and way too short

I'm also curious if anyone would rank worlds from the previous games in their overall top 5 worlds. I'd have to think about it a bit more, but Halloween Town in KH1 and maybe Timeless River would be in my overall top 5.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
1. The Caribbean
2. Monstropolis
3. Toy Box
4. San Fransokyo
5. Olympus
6. Corona
7. Arendelle

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As I mentioned in the story spoiler thread this is how I would rank the Disney worlds.

1. The Caribbean
2. San Fransokyo
3. Toy Box
4. Olympus
5. Kingdom of Corona
6. Monstropolis
7. Arendelle
8. 100 Acre Woods.

100 Acre Woods and Arendelle are the only two Disney worlds I dislike. Disney's restrictions on Arendelle really hurt it for me. And 100 Acre Woods is much too short and small unfortunately

Pokie

1. Corona. This world was just simply fun and the dancing mini-game was a big highlight, and the Flan photo game was good too. Sora, Donald, Goofy felt like they belonged into the world so well, and their adding didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. Eugene and Rapunzel felt like actually really good friends to them despite being an anime boy, talking angry duck and a human dog.....thing.

2. Olympus. What an opening! What a start to the game! The Titans boss was fantastic! Again, Hercules and Sora just feel like actual friends.

3. Toy Box
Going to get hate for this, but I've never been big on the Toy Story movies, though this was fun. The " You've Got A Friend In Me '' music was so catchy. Though what really ranks it down a tad is that there's no Jessie and her horse.

4. San Fransokyo.
This world was great and the environment was pretty massive, though I felt like scenes with a certain 'villain ' was pretty dorky.

5. Monstropolis. It was alright, though I felt like S/D/G didn't even really try and be like monsters, especially for a certain small duck who cares so much about the Order? Also, no boss fight with a certain purple lizard monster.

6. 100 Acre Wood.
Short and sweet and a bit heartbreaking. Could've been a bit longer though, or maybe just been used for some extra Final Mix content.

7. Arendelle. So disappointed in this world, because it had the chance to be so good, and maybe even one of the best KH worlds within the series. But, no, it was just helping Olaf by the most annoying ways possible and climbing up and down a mountain again.

8. The Carribean. Putting this at the bottom because the live action worlds in KH games have never been my cuppa tea, because it just breaks the fantasy. Yeah, the graphics are beyond good, but so ? Also, I've never been a fan of these movies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
1) San Fransokyo. Ignoring my bias for Big Hero 6, by having an original storyline for this world with the Big Hero 6 as experienced heroes, it really makes the world feel like a perfect fit for Kingdom Hearts despite the initial fantasy and metropolitan clash. Also, The Seeker of Darkness in this world was arguably implemented the best here. The day and night cycle is also a smart feature to really make the most of San Fransokyo's environments.

2) Toy Box. Same reasoning as Big Hero 6, the original storyline (and location) made Toy Story feel more organic and like a natural fit than if it was to just be a direct adaptation. Young Xehanort's interaction in this world is surprisingly complimetary to a more realism focused world sans the toys coming to life. All the departments in Toy Box feel different enough to not seem repetitive.

3) Arendelle. It's clear that Disney was more protective for this property than others, however, that limitation worked to this worlds advantage, because this parallel events scenario places this world in a semi original/direct adaptation fine line. The labrynth made by Larxene is just a really cool environment that's a smart throwback to Final Fantasy, and having freaking Marshmallow be our party member is badass as opposed to Elsa, Anna or Kristoff.

4) Kingdom of Corona. The only reason why this lower than Arendelle is because I See The Light was not a musical section animated by Visual Works, instead, there's a generic orchestra piece that's played in the background. That really rubbed me the wrong way, and shows favourtism for Frozen over Tangled. Outside that gripe, loved this world. Flynn and Rapunzel are great party members that work naturally with Sora, Donald and Goofy, also loved the implementation of Corona itself.

5) Monstropolis. This world feels so compartmentalised compared to all the other worlds, but that's partly because the world is the corporate building of Monsters Incporporated, so in that context, it works. The reason why this world is lower on my list is just due to the fact that nothing in this world gave me that "wow" factor. With that being said, the way that they use Vanitas and The Unversed is just Kingdom Hearts genius.

7) The Caribbean. This is even lower on my list partly because it's a returning world, but also because most of the world is traversing under the sea, or riding a ship into sea where environments don't look all that different. I still had fun with this world, but I was just not as invested for this world as I was for the other Disney worlds. It doesn't help that the original movie that it was based off was the signalling of the downfall of the Pirates franchise.

7) Olympus. Ignoring the fact that it was the tutorial world, this world is the lowest on my list because they butchered Meg and Phil, and Olympus itself is relegated solely to the final act. It really felt as though Square Enix added this world because they forgot to use the Titans in Kingdom Hearts II, thus resulting in character interactions that is more in line with Kingdom Hearts II. However, exploring all of Hercules world makes this world feel new, with Olympus being especially breathtaking, and Xigbar's interaction in this world is absolutely hilarious.

I'm not counting 100 Acre Wood because it's just one room filled with minigames.

Awards
I can't really think of an order to put them in, but I can add to the commentary.

Pooh - Yes, it was small, but it's a highly overused area. I also thought the graphics looked a bit odd compared to the rest of the game... are they trying to make it look like book pages? Hmm.
Hercules - Another vastly overused world, thought definitely the best of all the Olympuses. So thankful we didn't have to do the arena again.
Big Hero Six - Great graphics, yes. Very beautiful, clean-looking city. Kinda Singapore-ish. I'm not big into contemporary architecture, but it was nice.
Caribbean - I think they played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Kinda obvious lol. It was very pretty. Not my favorite Port Royale, though. The other one was more like the ride and less like the film, and that's why I liked it.
Monsters - Bummed slug woman wasn't walking around and we didn't get to go to the sushi place. I liked this area just because it's Monster's Inc, and I like MInc. :p Kinda gloomy, though. It wasn't really what went through my mind when I watched the film.
Twilight Town - Cute. Much like the other one, but smaller and with better graphics. Loved the Bistro.
Keyblade Graveyard - Kinda interesting in adding the labyrinth. At first I thought the town at the end was cute but when you look into the distance, it looks like they put a bunch of the exact same town/mountain next to each other. So repetitive. Kinda reminds me of Greek sea-towns though in how it's layered and with all the bright color.
Tangled - The town at the end is my favorite area, but it's very small. Super cute, though. It was just kinda thrown in at the end of the level. Most of it is very dense forest, which while it looks pretty and sorta Twilight Princess/Zeldaish, it was an absolute nightmare hunting for treasures and Mickeys there and it got old very fast.
Frozen - Much like the film. Sorry for the next comment. You walk up a mountain, you walk down the mountain, you walk up it again, you walk down it again. That's basically the film, too. I was just as bored with it as I was with the movie. Would have been nice to visit the town.
Toy Box - As a whole, my favorite world. I loved the graphics. I loved the good vibes. It reminded me of the Toy Story 2 N64 game. I thought the area was fun. It was a bit hard for the time when you go there with all those giant robot things that hit constantly, but it was fun. As a kid, I would have loved going to that mall and the playground area on the third floor. :p Disney Quest-ish.

I can't really rank them just because I really don't care for new Disney movies and most Pixar, which was basically the entire game. I'm a classic Disney person, which there was very, very little of in this game. I mean you run into Merlin again but that's about it. lol And, of course, Maleficent.

Last edited:

GrumpyRoxy

I didn't reach San Fransokyo just yet (In fact, I've just collected the white crabs in The Caribbean) buuuut, so far:

1 - The Caribbean
2 - Kingdom of Corona
3 - Monstropolis
4 - Toy Box
5 - Olympus
6 - Arendelle
7 - 100 Acre Wood.

By no means I dislike any of the worlds so far, I love all of them! However, 100 Acre Wood is the hugest disappointment I had in the whole game so far. Just sad to see such a small room with 3 repeated minigames. But I liked it nonetheless.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's mine:

Monstropolis - As soon as it was announced I knew this would be my favorite world. I love Monster's Inc and to be able to finally explore the monster world was amazing. The characters were charming and the near immediate danger of bringing back scaring was awesome. It was also awesome to watch Sully monhandle Vanitas and toss him out like yesterday's trash

Keyblade Graveyard - The entire build up to the final boss was amazing. Battle after battle, getting to fight all the darknesses and seeing all these new character resolutions building up was everything I could have hoped for for a finale.

Toy Box - Similar to Monstropolis, I was always a huge fan of Toy Story and getting to hang out with most of the original Toy Story crew was great. I was glad it took place in a toy store too. The only thing I would have liked more would be if they gave us more to explore in and around Andy's house.

Olympia - I love how they fleshed out a 2D project and still had it looking so fresh and perfect. The humor was also great, because after two fully foiled plans you can really tell that Hades is sick of this shit. I would love to see them continue such huge environments in the future, between the mountain, the city, and the heavens, Olympia was a lot of fun to explore.

Twilight Town - It's a shame they didn't include half of Twilight Town (the underground, the sandlot/usual spot area, the area with sunset hill) but they expanded on and brought to life the half we did see so well that I can't argue. Sure, it's small, but if they expanded it further in future titles it would always remain a favorite of mine.

Kingdom of Corona - I wasn't dissatisfied with the exclusion of the heroes from the main plot, after all it makes it more believable that they could have actually been involved. It would be nice if they could have given us a few more cutscenes, but they can't sell any movie copies if they give all the scenes to the game so it is regrettably understandable why they are disassociated. The areas were fun to explore though and I especially loved the hill of flowers.

The Caribbean - Similar to KoC I didn't like that we didn't get to see more of the film's plot, but it would have been nice to get a little more to do with Luxord and crab Jack to give more reason behind why Sora wasn't around during the movie's scenes, but the ship battles are on par with Black Flag's and I absolutely loved sailing.

Gummi Ship - Including this on the list because the size and scale of Gummi Ship missions is amazing. They upgraded it a lot and I actually found myself enjoying it. So much so that I wanted to 100% it to instead of just moving from world to world as fast as I could.

Scala ad Caelum - It was visually stunning and what of the world you can explore before the final boss fight occurs is beautiful and I only wish we could have more opportunity to explore it, either in future titles or as an update in Final Mix ++. Maybe living through some memories of Xehanort's of his time as a kid with Eraqus.

San Fransokyo - I hoped for a lot more from this world. It looked big in trailers, but the explorable part of the city isn't nearly as grand as it originally looked. I wanted to be able to fly to the bridge myself! It was clear that part of the decision came from splitting the map between day and night, but I would have preferred two separate maps (maybe one day and one night) or two separate maps that have a day/night cycle. Even just a small one. People could become sparse at night and then the heartless come out. It would have been awesome. Maybe if they make another BH6 based sequel world in a future title they'll make it bigger.

Final World - It was beautiful and I love those kind of mind-bending deep thought areas. I would have liked more time there or even more battles similar to the Darkside at the beginning. Especially since it was supposed to be the place where people go when they die. Adding the stars that you could talk to was definitely a nice touch though.

Arandelle - The fact that we are again split from the story isn't the issue. The labyrinth was cool but the rest of the environment was kinda lackluster. It's nice to be up in these snowy mountains, but I would have also liked to explore some of the town. Even if it's just a small bit of it like in Corona. It was too painfully obvious this world's inclusion was a cash grab attempt, but made worse by the fact that Disney seemed to be so protective of it. "Use it to make us more money, but please don't change or alter anything that would make people like it less". Well you failed.

100 Acre Wood - AKA 100 ft Garden. This was absolutely a slap in the face. I wanted it to have some new environments, some new dilemma to solve, some fun new mini games to play. I figured the three we saw in the trailer were just different modes of the same minigame and that was just one thing we had in store for Pooh's world, and hoped to see it reveal how important the book really was, but they dropped the ball on it so hard that I'm not really sure why they even bothered to put it in in the first place. Hastily introduce Lumpy like it's nothing, and the most relevant thing about it being that Sora's connection to his friend was weakening, didn't even seem to be properly resolved. Oh you fed him honey, whoopty doo, best friends again. Nothing compared to how emotionally deep the world was in 1 and 2.

BONUS: Remy/Little Chef was the MVP. I loved the cooking minigame and I hope to explore a full world with him in the future. Have him recognize Sora but find it odd that Sora is now his sized and make an original plot involving a character instead of an story plot/world.

Sora1274

1) The Caribbean - It was my most anticipated Disney world and in my opinion it did not dissapoint. I spent a couple hours just exploring the seas, fighting ships, and searching islands. I enjoyed the early pirates films also, so to explore port royal with lots of civilians was amazing.

2) Corona - I just had a lot of fun in this world. It was cool to me interacting with rapunzel and Eugene and I actually enjoyed the Disney story of it all

3) Olympus - I do miss colosseum battles and Phil, but I think it is an amazing world. I can not edit this easily on my iPad, but went back and forth between this being 1st or 2nd favorite Disney world.

4) Toybox - it’s toy story! From running around Andy’s room and outside his house to the amazing new location I really enjoyed it.

5) Monstropolis - one of my more anticipated worlds. I did not enjoy it as much as I could have as I felt a lot of it was following a straight line.

6) Frozen - Without saying spoilers, I think like a lot of things could have gone better.

7) Sanfransokyo - I want to say I am potentially biased because it’s the only Disney film I did not see that was a world this game.

8) 100 acre woods - I mean not much to really say..... it was a small world with not much going on.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't know what should be spoilered or not, so:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I still think there should've been at least 2 more Disney worlds in this game. Especially since Winnie the Pooh was one area....

the red monster

Awards
1. is tied for, both tangled and monsters inc. both were perfect
2. surprisingly it was big hero 6, never cared about the world in the reveal but dam i really liked the city. and the final boss fight.
3. toy box, always liked toy story as a kid and the world was pretty decent.
4.olympus, as a first world it felt really good, but not enough to be in the top. wanted hades fight.
5. the caribbean, the world was pretty good but the ship stuff kinda killed it for me. would've been higher without it.
6.frozen.. the world was boring and empty and i called it since the reveal.. not letting actually explore the town/elsa's ice palace. meh.
7.100 acre woods. took me 20 minutes to finish it, like are you kidding me? what was the point of the world?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't know what should be spoilered or not, so:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I still think there should've been at least 2 more Disney worlds in this game. Especially since Winnie the Pooh was one area....

I really dont think two more Disney worlds were possible. Especially since100 Acre Woods was only one room as you mentioned. If they couldn't make that world bigger how could they have squeezed in two full playable Disney Worlds.?.

Phantom

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Perkilator

Awards
I really dont think two more Disney worlds were possible. Especially since100 Acre Woods was only one room as you mentioned. If they couldn't make that world bigger how could they have squeezed in two full playable Disney Worlds.?.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Story
1. Monstropolis
2. Toy Box
3. San Fransokyo
4. Arendelle
5. The Caribbean
6. Olympus
7. Kingdom of Corona
8. 100 Acre Wood

A more original story is always appreciated.

World Design
1. Olympus
- Thebes was great and the realm of the Gods was pure beauty.

2. Toy Box

3. Arendelle
-Wish we could've visited Elsa's castle but the Labyrinth was a nice bonus.

4. The Caribbean
- Didn't think much of the design during the story section but postgame exploring is really fun checking out all the islands and underwater sections.

5. Monstropolis

6. Kingdom of Corona
-Honestly the layout was a little confusing given that it's one giant green forest. The detail was great though and I enjoyed the Kingdom.

7. San Fransokyo
- Wasn't a fan of the world design at all. Besides a few Japanese elements it didn't even feel like the city from the movie. We couldn't even visit the bridge. The city shoulda focused on area by Hiro's Aunt's diner. That was a much more memorable area.

8. 100 Acre Wood
- Such a disgrace.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
7. San Fransokyo
- Wasn't a fan of the world design at all. Besides a few Japanese elements it didn't even feel like the city from the movie. We couldn't even visit the bridge. The city shoulda focused on area by Hiro's Aunt's diner. That was a much more memorable area.
^ I actually don't remember much about BH6 (the movie) except that I liked Tadashi, who unfortunately is only in about 15 minutes of it. Now that you mention the possibility of better environments there, I wonder why they decided to make the bridge only available via a battlegate? :/

WhinyAcademic

Awards
1. San Fransokyo - Told the best story, had the best use of its characters and setting, and was generally a unique locale. Loses some nitpick points because you couldn’t actually fight alongside BH6 as a unit due to technical limitations.
2. Toy Box - Galaxy Toys is an absolutely lovable, fun place to explore, and the writing is really good especially for the toys. It loses points however for excising most of its cast.
3. Monstropolis - A fast-paced, thrilling and fun race through the factory, with excellent performances by Chris Swindle and Carlos Alrazaqui (the same Can’t be said for JP Manoux as Randall), and a welcome return for Boo. Loses points for no Randall boss fight.
4. Olympus - Holy hell how they turned this crapfest around. A massive improvement on the three room (not counting the Underworld) bore of previous games, with incredible boss fights against, finally, all of the Titans. Returning voice actors are great (though Tate Donovan and James Woods’ voices are definitely showing their age), and it’s an overal fun, epic prologue to the game. Loses points for Mount Olympus being empty besides Zeus, Phil’s Japanese voice actor-induced silence, and the Ice and Lava Titans being stationary.
5. The Caribbean - Visually stunning, a massive expands of sea to explore, an epic boss battle we had all hoped for, and for being a mini-AC4. Loses points for awkward, slavish recreations of the source film with half the voice cast turning in lame performances and imitations; the downplaying of the main cast of the films (why can’t we fight alongside them in the maelstrom battle?).
6. Corona - It’s a gorgeous, bright, optimistic world that is easily the most lighthearted for the most part. It loses points for also having slavish recreations of the original film, not including I See the Light (oh come on!), and being a bit too slow paced during the journey to the kingdom.
7. Arendelle - jeez, what a misfire. The visually stunning recreation of Let It Go aside, all we really get is snow after snow, ascent after ascent, blah blah blah. Add in an annoying search for Olaf, the marginalization of Hans, a half-assed rendition of Do You want to Build a Snowman, and an admittedly cool ice labyrinth that goes on for way too long, and it’s clear why Frozen has lost its touch for a lot of people.

Dishonorable mention to Hundred Acre Wood. What a massive disappointment. One room, the same mini-game, and not even having the full cast. So sad.

GrumpyRoxy

Alright, now that I've played all Disney Worlds (I am currently at Scala ad Caelum) I can rank them:

1 - The Caribbean
2 - Kingdom of Corona
3 - Toy Box
4 - Monstropolis
5 - Olympus
6 - San Fransokyo
7 - Arendelle
8 - 100 Acre Wood

I loved all of them regardless of their rank position

disney233

Awards
Time I take a crack since I played through all the Disney Worlds.

1: Toy Box
I for one LOVE the moments played on there. Beautiful story, such a bustling variety to work with, and the boss was truly a fun one indeed. All in all, it's the most memorable world for me.

2: The Caribbean
From the start of the game, since the moment it was shown in the trailer, this world was the ONLY world I was looking forward for in all the game. Despite the ship battles being a bit difficult...it was my ALL TIME favorite world. Scenery does it for me.

3: Olympus
For a starter world, I've gotta say it's a nice world to start with. Rich environment, rich story, much to do there, and finally the battle against all 3 titans, including the Wind one was invigorating.

4: Hundred Acre Wood
Sorry, but all of you have given 100 Acre Wood such little appreciation from the start. So how about I become the first to NOT be the biased one. Yes, it's a short world, a short AREA, but I've honestly had my fun on it. I was smiling all the way through at how lush Rabbit's house was, and I ESPECIALLY loved the Celtic take on Bounce O Rama. Sorry, but I will ALWAYS love that.

5: Kingdom of Corona
Lush environment, and I love Rapunzel and Flynn's team attack the most. My only gripe for it was that I wish that the village would be much bigger, and I also expected Kingdom Dance...AT MOST.

6: Monstropolis
The place was...meh. I guess the environment was kinda...dull. And I didn't pay much attention to the story except...get to Boo's door and dodge the Unversed. However it ain't last on the list because I SINCERELY loved the last part of the world
Spoiler Spoiler Show

7: Arendelle
The story I admit WAS repetitive, and the search quest for Olaf's parts was tedious at most, But I...just couldn't stop smiling when Let it Go made the hit. I share no ill will of the song unlike everyone else. The one reason why I'll place this at 7th is because of the rich environment, the labyrinth, and the Arendelle's final boss was invigorating. Also I also like the idea of Marshmallow being the world's party member rather than the typical Anna and Kristoff.

8: San Fransokyo
I'll give it to Square for making such a rich environment on the town...but the city's just so bland. No npcs, no nothing.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
On top of that San Fransokyo's final boss did it for me. DESIST aerial combat like that. HATED it. I like the stories...but the...blox are they? Whatever they are, they were NEVER needed in the story. Long story short: vast yet deserted, objectives...horrid. Final boss...HORRID. Keep in mind I bare no ill will towards the movie...but I...I'm not so big a fan of the world as everyone gives the credit for.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I just finished San Fransokyo so I am finally done with these and can do this myself!

1: Toy Box
This was inevitable lol. The world design is so good, the story was so good. I LOVED all the original brands and stuff. The opening was amazing. Plus its been a year and a half since we found out, but I'm still just so glad they made Woody AND Buzz party members. And I love all the bosses. My only really issue is Jessie and Bullseye being absent.

2: San Fransokyo
I don't think its because I just finished it lol, the story was so cute and amazing. The way they had Big Hero 6 and Keyblade Hero 3 interact was perfect, all the nice conversations and character moments. It also had great bosses, even if the last one was limited. It was still a better boss than I expected so I was happy with that. My only really desire would be it being a bit longer. Or rather that they didn't rush me through so much cuz I literally have almost no treasure now lol.

3: Monstroplis
I loved the original story, again lol. I guess its obvious that is a big influence for me. That ending scene alone with Sulley and Vanitas was god-like as well lol. But I adore Sulley and Mike so them just being them the whole world was great. Also I still love SDG's designs. Randall's involvement was handled very well, too. Which does lead to my two dissapointments: I wanted more than just one boss fight and I wish it was Randall. But oh well. I mean the fights where the Heartless and Unversed interact with the environments and stuff were really great. Just, you know, not a boss fight.

4: Corona
This was the best redo the movie but with SDG of all time. Getting to actually do cute stuff with Rapunzel was amazing, and the world was gorgeous. I really loved all of their friendships by the end. I really loved this whole world tbh, the fact its half way down the list makes me sad lol, cuz it was super great. I did have one huge issue, and then one slightly lesser one. Well, for me personally at least lol. The huge issue to me is making Rapunzel cease to be a party member. AND she doesn't even get to participate in the final battle against her "mother's" Heartless. She should have at least gotten that. It's lame to me. The lesser issue is the same as Monstropolis. Not really enough unique bosses, just a ton of mobs. But these mobs were honestly better lol. So not as big a deal.

5: The Caribbean
I loved this world too, again, sucks its in the bottom half of the tier list, but that's just cuz they were all so good. The actual gameplay was definitely the highlight of this world. I loved diving into undersea caverns and using a ship. I am still missing so much here so I am excited to go find it all. I thought the story was good. Like clearly it was mostly Pirates 3 with a little 2 thrown in. Namely the Kraken still being alive and stuff. I finally the got the boss of my dreams tho, I have been asking for a Davy Jones and Kraken boss for like years and I think it delivered. It was definitely fun, even if it was easier than the Kraken and Flying Dutchman thing right before it lol. But I guess it all lead into each other. I'm glad they gave my girl Elizabeth her moment toward the end. The last few scenes were obviously gorgeous. I just wish SDG had been around for more of the main plot? Even if the whole Calypso leading them thing was interesting. And obviously Luxord (whose name is not pronounced like I thought, so that sucks I have to erase 10 years of that now lol)

6: Olympus
Still a gorgeous world. We finally got Hercules as a party member. I love what they did with Thebes. We finally got all the Titans. But after seeing all the other worlds it does show a little that they considered this world II.9 instead of III. They definitely put a bit more into the others, even though I love how they used it.

7: Arendelle
This was maybe also inevitable lol. Still mad Elsa or Anna aren't party members. And while it was almost comical all the ways they kept us from the main plot of the movie, I still felt like in the end SDG didn't really connect with anyone here. Which is a shame. They clearly cared about their well being but yeah. They didn't even like look at them in the end scene lol, they all just acted like SDG weren't even there Like I don't mind the amount of Visual Works scenes in this world, but it is crazy given how I don't think Monstropolis or San Fransokyo got any? At least that I could tell. But oh well. I loved the labyrinth area actually, and I thought the mountain was gorgeous till like the third area that looked exactly the same haha. Still liked it a lot overall. The bosses were rad.

8: The 100 Acre Wood
I guess I need to put this? Lol, it should be obvious. I liked the mini-games, I have always liked those kind of games. But they used them less than I feel like they used Remy this time. Like, I just don't see why they didn't have a few explorable areas or something? I never expected to fight Heartless or anything. But its place as the mini-game world was already redundant in this game I feel.

8: San Fransokyo
I'll give it to Square for making such a rich environment on the town...but the city's just so bland. No npcs, no nothing.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
On top of that San Fransokyo's final boss diddlying done it for me. DESIST aerial combat like that. HATED it. I like the stories...but the...blox are they? Whatever they are, they were NEVER needed in the story. Long story short: vast yet deserted, objectives...horrid. Final boss...HORRID. Keep in mind I bare no ill will towards the movie...but I...I'm not so big a fan of the world as everyone gives the credit for.

There are NPCs in San Fransokyo if you go back during the day. I actually just did that. The city is full of them.

I guess I also liked the Final Boss since it was actually not just easy lol. But I realize thats because the air combat was limited. I was just super happy it wasn't just a long chase scene, so I was actually happy ha.

Last edited:
Back