• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How would you improve KHIII (and the whole Dark Seeker saga)?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Master Exin

Awards
Since I've seen a wide range of thoughts from many people in the forum, especially regarding the final instalment of the Dark Seeker saga and its outcome, yet I haven't seen much of what could've been done better. I thought I'd make a thread for for those who would like to express their ideas on what changes, additions, and so on that they could've and would've done to make this better in their opinion.

Feel free to do so, no flames, no attacks, thank you.

SerDuncan

I've seen this many times before, and I'm sure that many people will repeat it after me, but this game is severely lacking in any kind of "midpoint" a la Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion in KH2, or even the OG Hollow Bastion first visit in KH 1. The game has many, many other problems that could really only be solved with a full rewrite of the Keyblade Graveyard and various other areas, but adding in this mid point would be a really good start.

The point of adding this little "break" so to speak, would be to chop up the Disney worlds and provide more variety and more original world content. Fighting an organization member or two, having a lore dump, maybe even saving someone in that midpoint would do wonders towards improving the pacing and would actually give us an original world to explore... unlike the final game. It could be Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, the Keyblade graveyard, it honestly doesn't matter. The Disney worlds can drag on a bit, especially with the little tidbits of story we get in between, and a more solid section would just improve the game overall.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Difficuilty. Honestly, the harder difficuilty settings should actually be difficuilt. So many of the bosses in this game could have had the perfect opportunity to pose a challenge.

2 quid is good

Awards
To add to the above, the first thing I'd do is add a solid midgame in Radiant Garden, where we play as Riku and find out whatever the heck it was they were doing.

Actually screw that, that can happen after corona/toy box are cleared. Then we go fight Aqua and bring her back.

After Arendelle, which was a *huuuge* bore, we pick up the pace by bringing back Roxas/Ven then. That could include Twilight Town and Radiant Garden, then we're back on track with the two hypest disney worlds which keeps up the momentum for the final showdown.

SerDuncan

Honestly, building off of what quid said, I almost wish that we had reunited either of the trios before the final showdowns. Imagine in the BBS trio got the time they needed to recover and get caught up with each other, or if Ienzo and Vexen's research was completed onscreen, allowing for Roxas and Axel to recuperate, maybe even reuniting with Xion. Having that time in the middle to get some plot out of the way would make the boss rush at the end of the game feel a little less... forced, and rushed I feel.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nerdman3000

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I would give everyone mustaches. You'd think this is just one of my jokes (and you'd be right) but I'm serious when I say everything would improve 100% from it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The most pressing thing that kept popping into my mind even when playing was having a better structured DDD that took upon itself to explain AT LEAST KH III's first third, so that KH III could get into the meat of things instead of spending time making the characters catching up on what the audience already knows.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Difficuilty. Honestly, the harder difficuilty settings should actually be difficuilt. So many of the bosses in this game could have had the perfect opportunity to pose a challenge.

I feel like difficulty was adjusted due to the Xbox version and its audience. I feel like they didn't want to make it that difficult so it would turn new players away.

I would give everyone mustaches. You'd think this is just one of my jokes (and you'd be right) but I'm serious when I say everything would improve 100% from it.

For me, it would be googly eyes.

tumblr_nj05wrZMb81s5mj91o10_500.jpg

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ghostwarmen

Awards
After having beat the game and obtaining the platinum trophy, and letting my thoughts settle for a few days, I do have a variety of things I would've done to make this a better game for me

Spoiler Spoiler Show

When it comes to the specific worlds we got:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
These are just the things off the top of my head. Do not get me wrong, I loved KH3 and thought it was a great game, but man I really have some things that I think would've improved it, at least for me. I hope KH4 adds more of the general things I would really want, and I think now there is a lot of potential for the next saga. Here's hoping

Perkilator

Awards
After having beat the game and obtaining the platinum trophy, and letting my thoughts settle for a few days, I do have a variety of things I would've done to make this a better game for me

Spoiler Spoiler Show

When it comes to the specific worlds we got:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
These are just the things off the top of my head. Do not get me wrong, I loved KH3 and thought it was a great game, but man I really have some things that I think would've improved it, at least for me. I hope KH4 adds more of the general things I would really want, and I think now there is a lot of potential for the next saga. Here's hoping
You summed it up for me perfectly. As for me…
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What I'd fix for KH3 personally
Spoiler Spoiler Show

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Now, I want to preface this with that I personally think KH3 is a masterpiece and in changing the final product would only be to increase or add on to the magnificence that I think KH3 is:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Epilogue and Secret movies both still make perfect sense (if not more) in this context.

However, as stated above I still think it's perfect so making these adjustments would only make it better to me. I still can't wait for KH4 and any dlc/Final Mix we get for 3. :D

Back