• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Customized" difficulty setting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GrumpyRoxy

Hey everyone! I wanted to create this just to share something that I have tried and worked at least for "my tastes".

So, I (and probably most of you too) personally found that KH3 is too easy even on Proud Mode, so when I reached Monstropolis I've decided to make the game harder for me and turned on "Zero EXP" ability to create a bigger gap between my level and the World Battle Level. I stayed on level 21 until the Caribbean, where I turned the ability off and got to level 26 just to turn it on again. I've tried doing the same thing from the very beginning of the game as well and it also makes the game feel much better.

Start the game and level up until you are between level 3~5 and turn on Zero EXP. Then move on until the damage you do is actually much lower than you feel it should be and turn the ability off and level up 4 or 5 more levels. Rinse and repeat.

I know it is not the ideal thing, but as we wait for the official Critical Mode patch (if there's any in Osaka Team's plans) we can kind of customize our Proud Mode and make it feel like it is actually hard a bit :D

Sorry if the text is a bit confusing, English is not my first language. Cheers!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Some other things to add challenge is that you can turn off party members healing you, or even attacking in general.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Hey everyone! I wanted to create this just to share something that I have tried and worked at least for "my tastes".

So, I (and probably most of you too) personally found that KH3 is too easy even on Proud Mode, so when I reached Monstropolis I've decided to make the game harder for me and turned on "Zero EXP" ability to create a bigger gap between my level and the World Battle Level. I stayed on level 21 until the Caribbean, where I turned the ability off and got to level 26 just to turn it on again. I've tried doing the same thing from the very beginning of the game as well and it also makes the game feel much better.

Start the game and level up until you are between level 3~5 and turn on Zero EXP. Then move on until the damage you do is actually much lower than you feel it should be and turn the ability off and level up 4 or 5 more levels. Rinse and repeat.

I know it is not the ideal thing, but as we wait for the official Critical Mode patch (if there's any in Osaka Team's plans) we can kind of customize our Proud Mode and make it feel like it is actually hard a bit :D

Sorry if the text is a bit confusing, English is not my first language. Cheers!

You can also choose not to level up keyblades or activate any of the abilities that increase the rate of situation commands or extend the time for situation commands. That way they're more few and far between.

GrumpyRoxy

Thanks for the tips guys :D
Will actually do as you guys say and keep taking some notes on that. We might be able to "create" a very good difficult setting until CM is actually released. Thanks!

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks for the tips guys :D
Will actually do as you guys say and keep taking some notes on that. We might be able to "create" a very good difficult setting until CM is actually released. Thanks!

Hey, every stride we make together is another potentially difficult reason for me to play through KH3 again, so thank you for making the topic.

GrumpyRoxy

Hey, every stride we make together is another potentially difficult reason for me to play through KH3 again, so thank you for making the topic.

You are welcome! I'm going to replay KH3 by the end of this week and test everything out

Awards
I played on Proud Mode and kept Sora's level from going beyond the battle level of the latest world I was in, with the sole exception of the Keyblade Graveyard, where I kept myself at Lv. 42 even after the battle level rose to 46. I got a decent challenge out of it that way. I also made sure to only use the Kingdom Key from the Graveyard onward, since it just felt right, though I did upgrade it to the max.

Back