• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade War

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MASTER260

Awards
So, just making sure I remember this right, Xehanort wants to make a person with a heart of pure light, (Ventus, since his darkness was extracted from him beforehand,) "clash," (whatever that means,) with a person with a heart of pure darkness, (Vanitas, since he's the embodiment of Ventus' missing darkness and looks like Sora because Ventus' broken heart healed inside Sora,) to form the X-Blade, which will unlock Kingdom Hearts and summon the warriors of light and darkness to fight over it.

And in this game, because the Heartless and Nobody of the result of Xehanort stealing Terra's body, (but then losing all his memories except for his name Xehanort, except the amnesia manifests as being of Terra's memories in the Nobody version because the Nobody was created solely from Terra's body, which is why he remembers Terra's memories in the Chamber of Awakening,) were defeated by Sora, it reforms itself as the original old-ass Xehanort for some reason, and now that Xehanort is back he still wants to start the Keyblade War, (and has his memories of wanting to do so in the first place for some reason,) and Sora and pals have to stop him from starting it.

So, who exactly is fighting this war? Why should anyone want to start a universal conflict just because Xehanort says so? Is it just to prevent Xehanort from blowing everyone up so the good guys have to fight him?

Argh... Dammnit, Nomura...

MASTER260

Awards
I know I said it will summon the warriors, but do I even have that part right?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A lot of the vital information you are lacking is from Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

Xehanort was mistaken in thinking that one sole heart of light and one sole heart of darkness were what was needed to forge the X-blade. It is actually seven hearts of light and thirteen hearts of darkness, representing the literal shards that the original X-blade got broken into. This clash of two opposing sides is the Keyblade War. The whole "every world will have Keyblade wielders" bit is probably retconned, unless that is going to be KH4 onwards lol.

Xehanort took over Terra's body and then suffered amnesia, until Ansem the Wise tapped into the darkness within. Terra-Xehanort split into Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas. Both of those were destroyed. So the original person should come back. But we see that old man Xehanort is returned, and Terra is missing. Why? Well, KH3 has the answers to that. But that's spoiler territory obviously.

As for the other Darknesses, DDD explains the whole time-travel and vessel situation and such.

As for why the good guys would fight him and forge the X-blade even though they obviously wouldn't want to? Xehanort promised to target the worlds and the Princesses of Heart specifically if they didn't. Sora and Co. have to fight to protect everything.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To my understanding, Master Xehanort always knew that he required Seven Guardians of Light, and Thirteen Seekers of Darkness, just that he used the Pure Heart of Light and the Pure Heart of Darkness in order to speed-up the process, seeing as how he was getting old enough to make him worry and get a newer, younger body/vessel.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To my understanding, Master Xehanort always knew that he required Seven Guardians of Light, and Thirteen Seekers of Darkness, just that he used the Pure Heart of Light and the Pure Heart of Darkness in order to speed-up the process, seeing as how he was getting old enough to make him worry and get a newer, younger body/vessel.

Basically.

Xehanort is a curious guy who likes to experiment and see what happens.
He thought he might be able to use a shortcut with Ventus and Vanitas but admits in DDD that he acted rashly and didn't use the correct method.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Basically.

Xehanort is a curious guy who likes to experiment and see what happens.
He thought he might be able to use a shortcut with Ventus and Vanitas but admits in DDD that he acted rashly and didn't use the correct method.

Precisely this. He's so arrogant that he dispatches the matter like a small thing, even though he treated everyone like a bug.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I see it as one of two ways to view the χ-blade.

While it's true the χ-blade was shattered into 20 pieces, 7 of light and 13 of darkness, those 7 and 13 create equal halves.

Therefore, it could be that in BbS, Xehanort's plan was the re​forge the χ-blade with the same components of the original, while in DDD and KHIII his plan is to repair the χ-blade by combining its broken pieces.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com

While it's true the χ-blade was shattered into 20 pieces, 7 of light and 13 of darkness, those 7 and 13 create equal halves.

Therefore, it could be that in BbS, Xehanort's plan was the re​forge the χ-blade with the same components of the original, while in DDD and KHIII his plan is to repair the χ-blade by combining its broken pieces.

That's an interesting perspective, especially since this might add to how the χ-blade was broken when it first came into being in BbS. It needed to be fixed and whole, not simply brought back out.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

That's an interesting perspective, especially since this might add to how the χ-blade was broken when it first came into being in BbS. It needed to be fixed and whole, not simply brought back out.

Speaking of which, we still don't know how, when, where, and why, the Blade broke.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Speaking of which, we still don't know how, when, where, and why, the Blade broke.

Yeah, I really hope that Kingdom Hearts 3 covers a bit more of the specifics. Though, I thought it was told (or perhaps presumed by himself) by Xehanort the when/where was relative to the Keyblade War/Keyblade Graveyard?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
According to the glossary in DDD the X-blade can be forged by a high-dimensional clash between equal forces of light and dark.
There is no specification made about the required number of hearts so it is possible that there isn't one true method but that several might work.

The X-blade in BBS being unstable and brittle can also be interpreted as being like that due to Ventus resisting the process with every fiber of his being.
Even if Vanitas did manage to force an union/fusion it is made clear within BBS itself that it was never finished and Ven was determined to destroy both the X-blade and Vanitas even if that meant shattering his own heart as a consequence as well.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
According to the glossary in DDD the X-blade can be forged by a high-dimensional clash between equal forces of light and dark.
There is no specification made about the required number of hearts so it is possible that there isn't one true method but that several might work.

The X-blade in BBS being unstable and brittle can also be interpreted as being like that due to Ventus resisting the process with every fiber of his being.
Even if Vanitas did manage to force an union/fusion it is made clear within BBS itself that it was never finished and Ven was determined to destroy both the X-blade and Vanitas even if that meant shattering his own heart as a consequence as well.
Vanitas mentions its incomplete state and urges Ventus to allow the fusion to complete.

Back