• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New renders for KINGDOM HEARTS 3 show off its main cast

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS 3 has officially released in Japan! To catch fans up to speed, Famitsu has published an overview of the heroes and villains featured in the game, showing off some new renders and explaining the roles they play in the story. 

View the new renders below:

For more Kingdom Hearts 3 renders, please visit our image gallery.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: New KINGDOM HEARTS 3 renders from Famitsu

I'm surprised Mickey isnt holding his new keyblade. I would think it was meant to be a surprise that it was his but they showed him with in on the Box cover

Love Ansem's render

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: New KINGDOM HEARTS 3 renders from Famitsu

I'm surprised Mickey isnt holding his new keyblade. I would think it was meant to be a surprise that it was his but they showed him with in on the Box cover

Love Ansem's render

This Mickey render was actually released last February! It was used in a promotional medal for D23 Japan in KHUX.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
!! New rende-oh, it's just the ones from the magazine. Got excited there for a moment.

Ansem's render is great. Riku's Braveheart looks too heavy to be held that way. lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This Mickey render was actually released last February! It was used in a promotional medal for D23 Japan in KHUX.
Weird, the only render for Mickey I remember from last Febuary was the one in Mamba's signature

!! New rende-oh, it's just the ones from the magazine. Got excited there for a moment.

Ansem's render is great. Riku's Braveheart looks too heavy to be held that way. lol
Yeah I just cant see Braveheart being used in his traditional High Ward stance. Way to Dawn seems much lighter in comparison

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, technically only Ansem's is "new". But I needed a title that was flexible enough in the event that we get better quality images elsewhere.

Weird, the only render for Mickey I remember from last Febuary was the one in Mamba's signature

Paying attention to UX comes in handy.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ansem is looking especially grizzly with these HD wrinkles. I also love this stance for Riku. His carblade is growing on me too. The design is meh, but it's still pretty classy.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Square: We've been watching your posts Recon
Recon: Oh?
Square: We've noticed you wanted new renders of Organization XIII..
Recon: Yes!...
Square: So here are some new renders....
Square: Of characters that aren't in the Organization
Recon: ....$%*

(at least we got ATW)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
How about replicating the cover art with new renders you cowards at SE, lol?

Ansem the Wise looks dope though and yes, I too think that for his usual battle stance Riku's Braveheart looks somewhat too heavy, but maybe that is a misconception and many only think it is heavy due to its form.

And on another note, Sephiroth uses the stance too with his giant Nodachi (although he tends to use both hands).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Is that all of the new renders? Releasing a new Ansem the Wise render seems somewhat random to me, but I'm not complaining.

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for new Seekers of Darkness renders.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah I just cant see Braveheart being used in his traditional High Ward stance. Way to Dawn seems much lighter in comparison
Ansem the Wise looks dope though and yes, I too think that for his usual battle stance Riku's Braveheart looks somewhat too heavy, but maybe that is a misconception and many only think it is heavy due to its form.
I'm now waiting for Braveheart to break and Riku discovers it's just styrofoam.

Not completely towards KH and just more in general, but, probably especially as someone who loves animation, I hate when something that looks heavy has no feel of weight. Now I get wanting to have a huge weapon but be used with ease under the sense it's supposed to look impressive and in video games where you'd probably want an immediate response, but when you remove the feel of weight, you remove the feel of power. I don't care how much strength or magic or heart is used. You cannot just have the character move it around like it doesn't exist if showing power is something you care about.

And on another note, Sephiroth uses the stance too with his giant Nodachi (although he tends to use both hands).
Reminds me of the old joke about Sephiroth being Riku's father.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Guys, keyblades aren't heavy because they're made of...LIGHT? :D

I'll go....
PHP:

Not completely towards KH and just more in general, but, probably especially as someone who loves animation, I hate when something that looks heavy has no feel of weight. Now I get wanting to have a huge weapon but be used with ease under the sense it's supposed to look impressive and in video games where you'd probably want an immediate response, but when you remove the feel of weight, you remove the feel of power. I don't care how much strength or magic or heart is used. You cannot just have the character move it around like it doesn't exist if showing power is something you care about.

Sephiroth was a super soldier, so strength was nothing to him. Cloud absorbed a ton of mako and had "mako" eyes so I think he had the same thing with Sephiroth. But you're right, without decent explanation it does suck when weapons have no weight to them in anime/video games.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Totally agree. Doesn't seem to fit Riku's fight still at all. Would fit Sora's perfectly tho.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
We're going to validate Sephiroth and Cloud (as it even applies in the KH universe), but let's forget that Riku is stacked, a proper Keyblade Master and has conquered the darkness? But that key weight tho

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The only thing I can think of would be Braveheart just not being as heavy as it looks. I was wondering the same thing actually, but I guess that's likely the reason. I can't imagine it being great on the wrist, though.

Makes me wonder, are Keyblades even heavy, since they're magical weapons? Or maybe their form is manifested in a shape and design with the wielder and their physical strength in mind?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Terra's Keyblades do generally look and are also somewhat depicted as heavier than others though.

Same goes for Ventus' blades as they are all shorter than usual and depicted as being lighter than default Keyblades.

So the idea that since Keyblades are magical in nature and thus morph to be the ideal weight for each wielder certainly is highly probable.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Woah, Sora's gonna be in this game?
Sweet! I like that kid. He's cool. Not too bright, but a good egg as far as chickens go.

Back