• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN's Review of the Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Knowing IGNs history with the KH series as a whole this score is actually pretty good.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
8.7 is a pretty high score all things considered. The game getting a perfect 10 out of 10 wasn't all that likely given the story it has to tell, lol

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Seeing at IGN gave it an 8.7 I'm sure other reviewers would go higher. Definitely a few 9s at least. It's a pretty good score though. Had a sigh of relief lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Polygon have a pretty scathing review, but the rest I’ve seen have been positive. GameInformer gave it a 9.5.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The game could be heralded as a hot pile of trash, and, still, these review sites would have no sway in me formulating my own opinion. I typically retroactively see what they have to say, but it's not important for me to approach the game with anything other than my own bias of the series.

Awards
I read the extended review, and it says what I hoped this game would do: it makes it so playing the other games enrich this game's story, but aren't required to understand it. (Of course it won't work for everyone, but we're not automatons built to universally share each other's opinions.)

mriku90

Awards
I'm glad that all reviews are unanimously praising the game and am so happy with the scores. I'm not paying attention to Polygon because they're notoriously controversial so I don't care.

Enturax

Awards
I've (only) heard that the game is the easiest one yet in the franchise... dear lord, I thought they'd never make something easier than CoM and KH2... (though KH2 is still my favourite)

Let's just hope it isn't TOO repetitive seeing all those QTE's and mini cutscenes mid-fights...

I'm glad that all reviews are unanimously praising the game and am so happy with the scores. I'm not paying attention to Polygon because they're notoriously controversial so I don't care.

Keep in mind there's this thing called "paid reviews". Also, fans of some franchises often had a considerably different views than the "professional" reviewers.

mriku90

Awards
I've (only) heard that the game is the easiest one yet in the franchise... dear lord, I thought they'd never make something easier than CoM and KH2... (though KH2 is still my favourite)

Let's just hope it isn't TOO repetitive seeing all those QTE's and mini cutscenes mid-fights...

Keep in mind there's this thing called "paid reviews". Also, fans of some franchises often had a considerably different views than the "professional" reviewers.

So all the good scores for KH3 are paid ones and the only trustworthy one is from the controversial site Polygon, interesting logic there.

Awards
8.7 is a pretty high score all things considered. The game getting a perfect 10 out of 10 wasn't all that likely given the story it has to tell, lol

Well lbr, IGN only gives perfect scores to Mario, Zelda, and Metal Gear games.

Enturax

Awards
So all the good scores for KH3 are paid ones and the only trustworthy one is from the controversial site Polygon, interesting logic there.

My logic is good, it's just you who twisted it because there can be no in-betweens, right? My answer can be only white or black, right? So I can only hate on or defend Polygon by YOUR logic :3 I never said they're all definitely paid, I just said there's a possibility of it, so don't let your guard down.

mriku90

Awards
My logic is good, it's just you who twisted it because there can be no in-betweens, right? My answer can be only white or black, right? So I can only hate on or defend Polygon by YOUR logic :3 I never said they're all definitely paid, I just said there's a possibility of it, so don't let your guard down.

Dude they could have declared KH3 the biggest turn of all time and I would still play it. I don't let reviewers influence what I want to play. It is just a nice thing to know that so many people are praising the game.

Enturax

Awards
[...] with a flat story, repetitive gameplay, and very few surprises.

[...]team attacks with his party members, and new attacks based on Disney theme park attractions.These each do additional damage, but at the serious cost of my time and desire to continue playing the game.

Pressing the highlighted action button initiates an automated attack, sending me through a lengthy scene that sets up Sora and his companions performing a move together, one that requires minimal interaction from me. It’s all lights and colors, flashy for the sake of being flashy. Seeing an attack like this pulled off a small handful of times in an important fight sounds like a neat idea. But the amount of times that the game prompts me to unleash these event-sized special moves renders them not so special. It makes me resentful of the extra time I’m spending killing off the weakest, tiniest enemies.

Polygon probably has a point tho, this is what I was prediciting this game would be like...

GrumpyRoxy

Well, if even Red Dead Redemption 2 got a 60 review, I can't see why KH3 wouldn't have a negative one as well.
Fact is, the game is great and the reviews make it clear. But it isn't perfect by any means.

With that being said, I can't wait to jump into KH3. I'm already in love with it

EDIT: Also I'm quite happy that KH3 is now the game with the highest score of the whole franchise.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m more concerned about the reviews from the outlets that haven’t received review copies yet. They all seem pretty salty, rightfully so. Some are even telling their readers they probably shouldn’t buy the game yet because it may mean SE doesn’t have confidence in the game. :/

Sorry SE, but withholding review copies after the game has already leaked in full is ridiculous and more self-destructive than anything.

Spoilers from the cutscenes shown in the IGN review:

Flynn and Sora are the new best ship. There, I said it. Did you see how annoyed Flynn was when Donald and Goofy joined them on the back of Maximus? Lmao. Also, that poor horse...

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Well lbr, IGN only gives perfect scores to Mario, Zelda, and Metal Gear games.

Don't forget God of War 3 got a perfect 10.

I'm glad KH3 got a reasonably high score, and the Polygon score was low because the reviewer had not played any of the games besides 1 and 2. I daresay the plot was instantly unintelligible to him because of that.

Back