• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So why was the Monsters leak being advertised on the front page but this is all taboo now?
Because that wasn’t 100% clear that it was a proper, full on leak until well after the fact, especially since it came from years before the game launched.

Do you honestly want us to make news articles, “hey come see the fucking final boss of the game!” And let you guys run around, spoiling EVERYTHING for users who don’t want to be spoiled?

Why is it so fucking hard for some of you to do something so basic and spoiler tag your discussion? It doesn’t harm you in any way but myself and others have been spoiled when we don’t want to because of people’s carelessness here.

If you really have such a problem with how we want to protect the majority of users over a select handful who have the ability to ruin a long anticipated game, then all I can say is leave.

mriku90

Awards
Because that wasn’t 100% clear that it was a proper, full on leak until well after the fact, especially since it came from years before the game launched.

Do you honestly want us to make news articles, “hey come see the diddlying final boss of the game!” And let you guys run around, spoiling EVERYTHING for users who don’t want to be spoiled?

Why is it so diddlying hard for some of you to do something so basic and spoiler tag your discussion? It doesn’t harm you in any way but myself and others have been spoiled when we don’t want to because of people’s carelessness here.

If you really have such a problem with how we want to protect the majority of users over a select handful who have the ability to ruin a long anticipated game, then all I can say is leave.

Thanks for everything Chaser even being in this thread I've managed to remain spoil free on everything but the one detail I caved in or stuff I just know common sense would happen based on the epilogue.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm just guessing that anybody that dies in the final battle(good guy wise) gets revived by "Kingdom Hearts" or plot device, post final battle.
Most likely, yes. That doesn't mean it's a good use of a character to remove them from the plot using a "fake death."

Nomura already said Sora would still be the lead of the franchise going forward correct? Nobody imagined that, he said so in convos multiple times. So Sora will be the main protagonist of IV?
Nomura has said that KH will always be "Sora's story," that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the main protagonist in every game. BBS was part of "Sora's story" as was Days. Everything will always tie back to Sora, it seems, so we can expect him to be present and influential during the key portions of of the plot. It's probably safe to assume that he'll be the main playable character in KHIV.

furusatoe

The leaker said he's not going to post the ending until Wednesday, out of "respect" for Disney. It seems pretty silly at this point, but he went out of his way to get this content out there, moving from site to site and delivering on the big stuff. Today has been a wild ride, and I'm just glad we got a leaker who is both willing and competent.

edit:

I think he was fair, but I don't think this analysis will be very useful to most people. He doesn't really seem to understand how to talk about the game in a way that people can really understand, but in terms of his grading, I would say 7.3/10 is pretty generous. It's a pretty game to look at, the gameplay seems decent to good, but there's really not much else to it. My guess is that it's going to be pretty intensely divisive on release and most of the content won't really hold up to scrutiny, so it will depend largely on whether fans choose to embrace it despite its flaws.

Thanks for your input. Based on your comments in this thread, I’m going to assume your take will be on the lower band of the opinion spectrum (i.e., more representative of those that didn’t like the game). Which is fine - can’t expect everyone to love the game. For me, I am curious to see how they wrap (or fail to wrap) things up with the story, but I am most interested in fun gameplay. Hope it delivers there.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I swear I remember something from way back when when a small portion of y'all were triggered that Sora was the protagonist of KHIII. Like, really far back.

I love Sora personally, plus there was no conceivable universe in where the final boss would be taken care of by anyone else but Sora. Immediately when I heard Mickey saying that Aqua and Riku should take care of it I KNEW that Sora would pipe up and do it instead. Like, I love those two too, but I didn't believe it for that fraction of a second when he said it since Sora has always been and will always be the center of the universe in these games.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
No problem! Just let me know what you need from me (which I'm assuming is just editing to keep spoilers in the tags/deleting spoilery posts and threads).
Yep, that’s all great! We are also trying to keep spoiler discussion in the spoilers section. We have taken on the same rules you guys had back in the day as well, spoiler tags for three months minimum, so people who can’t get the game right now aren’t fully spoiled if they don’t wish to be.

Thanks for everything Chaser even being in this thread I've managed to remain spoil free on everything but the one detail I caved in or stuff I just know common sense would happen based on the epilogue.
You’re welcome. And I’m sorry for snapping but the attitudes people are displaying in this thread are just insane. We are shorthanded, we just want people to cooperate with us during this stressful time.

mriku90

Awards
And we all know Nomura did not include the epilogue or secret movie for this exact reason and he was incredibly smart to do just that. No spoilers for the set up of the future of the Kingdom Hearts story. Makes me so excited.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nothing important, just my thoughts:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

sorawild

So about that final boss again

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Neo_

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

shady543

Awards
Ahhh so it seems that a lot of the game has been leaked. Since adult life gets the better of me and I'm a slow gamer, I didn't know if any of these questions could be answered before I actually stay true to my word and leave xD
No actually telling me what happens, I just want a yes or no
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also it was hilarious that I saw negative reactions to very positive. It looks like this game may be an amazing one and godammit why is this week suddenly really slow

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Late to the party on not posting this sooner but I'm quite surprised to see Beckett and the East Indian Trading Company in The Caribbean world. I honestly assumed that it was just ONLY Luxord and Davy Jones being the antagonists of this world, as I find Beckett to be a very one-dimensional villain in the Pirates movies and wouldn't fit the KH narrative. But from a story perspective it makes in the plot narrative of At Worlds End as not only does he control the Heart of Davy Jones but also wants to annihilate the Brethren Court (which is where the Pirate Lords reside).

Frankly, I don't think we will be fighting him and especially his soldiers cause the game is rated E10+ and wouldn't be wise for SDG to battle British soldiers with muskets compared to the numerous powerful Heartless and Nobodies they fought as they would simply wipe them out in a matter of seconds

Secondly:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also the deaths of the Seekers of Darkness (except Young Xehanort who was a jerk for all the bad stuff he did in DDD and in Toy Box) were very emotional. I even got sentimental on Saïx, Luxord, Larxene, Marluxia, Xemnas and Ansem's death as they all fade away.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Ahhh so it seems that a lot of the game has been leaked. Since adult life gets the better of me and I'm a slow gamer, I didn't know if any of these questions could be answered before I actually stay true to my word and leave xD
No actually telling me what happens, I just want a yes or no
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also it was hilarious that I saw negative reactions to very positive. It looks like this game may be an amazing one and godammit why is this week suddenly really slow

I think I can help answer those.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back