• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokie

I regret joining these forums. The leaks have made the worst of you worse and the best of you cringy.

It's a Kingdom Hearts forum.... where we speak about Donald Duck, Goofy and Mickey follow around anime boy with giant key.....and wins with the Power Of Friendship......

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lolwut?

This is approaching parody territory.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey, mods? If you don't want to read spoilers yet again, ignore my spoilers posts :) I've been pretty good about not including links or anything, and I won't here. You guys are great; my spoilers are only for people who want to be spoiled :)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Other related Spoilers...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

One last question for the audience...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wanna read the rest but I am already way overdue and have work today, so I have to log off for bed.

Looking forward to how many pages this thread marches forward during my absence.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So it seems people are now liking what is happening. Seems like KH3 fooled some people cause outright bashing it turned to praising it not even an hour later.
That's because
The Days trio and Xemnas are the best characters in the series, true fact.

So the main problem is pace and setup all over again. Most things are "good" but could be vastly better, just like it was in BBS and DDD.
Do I get it right in this vein?
The ideas and concepts are solid but the delivery/execution is rather abysmal. It's worse than KH2 in this regards, maybe a little better than DDD. Everything carries more weight due to the lengthy buildup for this game, though, so that both helps and hurts it: it's easier to write an "emotional" reunion scene when people are so pent up and anxious to see it happen that they'll ignore everything else to be in the moment, because they so badly [I]want[/I] it to succeed at earning their emotions. But also, when the context surrounding that moment comes under critical analysis, it has a lot more to answer for. This game does not seem to be tight or well-planned enough to cap off the series in a satisfying fashion: it leans a lot into the collective sense of anticipation people carry for it, so that fans will do the heavy lifting and make the scenes work for them even when they're sloppy and/or shallow. That's the impression I get.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I actually felt that TAV got the better scene, even though RAX is my preferred trio. But I think that had a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't feeling the lingering irritation surrounding Kairi's situation.

Also your theory makes a lot of sense and might help with some of the confusion with Roxas.

Does anyone know who the new 7 princesses are? I really want to know.
Based on everything we've seen so far
It really doesn't matter.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I didn't mind Xemnas's because it wasn't really redemptive, it just explained some of his personal motivations. I thought when he referred to his "companions" he was talking about lingering feelings from when he was Terra/Terranort which he actively wanted to cast away but that part wasn't very clear to me. If he was talking about the Org. members then yeah, that's not remotely believable, haha. Ansem SoD's was just limp, he's completely overstayed his welcome as is, Riku has no reason to miss him and neither do we. But Nomura likes his villains so I think this was his attempt to give them some sort of poetic send-off.

That said CAN I JUST SAY
I laughed my ass off when Mickey asked Riku and Aqua to come help him take down MX, and Sora steps out RIGHT IN FRONT OF AQUA and insists that he'll do it. Nomura should never be allowed near a female character ever again, please just write gay male fiction from now on Nomura, you're better at that anyway.

Also

I didn't really get the X-Blade stuff. How did MX forge the X-Blade? Didn't he need to combine a bunch of hearts together? Or was it just the fact that everyone fought that did it? And why can only SDG go into Xehanort's heart or whatever? If three people can do it, can't they all? Why can't the writers ever think up a reason for people to stay out of fights/scenarios that isn't "just stay behind and let me do it because I asked".

Neo_

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That's because

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I didn't mind Xemnas's because it wasn't really redemptive, it just explained some of his personal motivations. I thought when he referred to his "companions" he was talking about lingering feelings from when he was Terra/Terranort which he actively wanted to cast away but that part wasn't very clear to me. If he was talking about the Org. members then yeah, that's not remotely believable, haha. Ansem SoD's was just limp, he's completely overstayed his welcome as is, Riku has no reason to miss him and neither do we. But Nomura likes his villains so I think this was his attempt to give them some sort of poetic send-off.

Okay,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pokie

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think it's because
Spoiler Spoiler Show

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I'm a bit confused at the dramatic reactions to the leaks.

I've watched the scenes, and it doesn't look like it's any difference in writing quality or cutscene direction post KH2? (in that its bad, but we all know this).

If anything, I'm quite pleased the Disney characters get into the action more (though I'm primarily in the series for the Disney of it).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
While characters don't really die in the KH-universe they can get stuck in decades-long limbo states and that's kind of scary/threatening in its own way?

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

furusatoe

I’m looking forward to coming back to this thread after finishing the game and reading all of these spicy takes I’m missing out on.

Neo_

Awards
Like everyone says the Disney worlds are filler, but the entire game is filler; you already know the ending before you even see it.

If anything, I'm quite pleased the Disney characters get into the action more (though I'm primarily in the series for the Disney of it).
Me too! It's a breath of fresh air to see characters like Yen Sid and even Sully having a significant impact on the story.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I have the link; if anyone wants it, PM me.

Edit: Just check his Twitter.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I wonder what Maleficent and Pete will end up doing and if we'll even be able to fight them. Maybe their story is going to be side-lined in favor of resolving all of these Xehanort loose ends and then will be picked up again in KHIV. I just miss when Maleficent was... important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back