• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

josua98x

you guys are killing me, i dont want to watch it, but i would like to know what your opinions are about the overall story ;)

Tommy040698

So I've been cool with gameplay spoilers and I'm trying to stay away from story spoilers. This is the only site I really trust since we tag the big spoilers. I just have one question. I remember the original leaker saying there is only 9 or 10 save spots. Does anyone know if this has been proven true or false?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

palizinhas

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
There's no body so I don't buy it, but yeah that was my reaction, as well. I think it's a bait and switch and we're just supposed to believe the heroes are gullible enough to go for it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
With regards to the communication issues, there's a scene earlier where Aqua goes to wake up Ven and keeps asking where his heart is. Sora, Donald and Goofy had all previously been told directly by Vanitas that Ven's heart is inside Sora, and none of them say anything to assuage her fears lol. They literally just stand there and let her freak out. *shrug*

So the SoDs are fought in triads from what I can tell, after the GoL escape using the path Yen Sid provided. Larxene, Marluxia and Luxord (with Xemnas as a spectator for part of the fight) all fight together, with Mickey as your ally. Mickey getting trapped by Luxord's cards was a red herring, he's fine at the end of the battle. All three of them die but seem to be slightly "redeemed," like Sora straight up asks Luxord to play cards with him again some time, he tries to comfort Larxene by telling her she's going to be recompleted, and Marluxia implies that he had lost his memories of who he was (he says, "it's all coming back to me now") and actually [I]thanks[/I] Sora for helping to put him back together. It's interesting I guess, but also, retconning the baddies pretty hard now, ha.

Ansem SoD, Xigbar and bad!Riku fight together. Ansem ditches partway through the fight, bad!Riku is revealed to be a replica in the weirdest possible fashion (see Twilight Lumiair's post) and Xigbar jumps off a ledge after whining that he definitely deserves a Keyblade. We see his laser guns fading away but nothing of his actual fate afterwards.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Lol, same. You really can't make this shit up. The spirit of Riku Replica flies away with another Riku Replica in his arms, basically telling Real Riku to take care of Namine. KH3.

What a clusterdiddly.
It really is.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
They just wont wrap up some of the little story details so easily
But i should have know that in kh3 everything comes in 3 and they were a duo

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's no body so I don't buy it, but yeah that was my reaction, as well. I think it's a bait and switch and we're just supposed to believe the heroes are gullible enough to go for it.

With regards to the communication issues, there's a scene earlier where Aqua goes to wake up Ven and keeps asking where his heart is. Sora, Donald and Goofy had all previously been told directly by Vanitas that Ven's heart is inside Sora, and none of them say anything to assuage her fears lol. They literally just stand there and let her freak out. *shrug*

So the SoDs are fought in triads from what I can tell, after the GoL escape using the path Yen Sid provided. Larxene, Marluxia and Luxord (with Xemnas as a spectator for part of the fight) all fight together, with Mickey as your ally. Mickey getting trapped by Luxord's cards was a red herring, he's fine at the end of the battle. All three of them die but seem to be slightly "redeemed," like Sora straight up asks Luxord to play cards with him again some time, he tries to comfort Larxene by telling her she's going to be recompleted, and Marluxia implies that he had lost his memories of who he was (he says, "it's all coming back to me now") and actually [I]thanks[/I] Sora for helping to put him back together. It's interesting I guess, but also, retconning the baddies pretty hard now, ha.

Ansem SoD, Xigbar and bad!Riku fight together. Ansem ditches partway through the fight, bad!Riku is revealed to be a replica in the weirdest possible fashion (see Twilight Lumiair's post) and Xigbar jumps off a ledge after whining that he definitely deserves a Keyblade. We see his laser guns fading away but nothing of his actual fate afterwards.

Lol, same. You really can't make this shit up. The spirit of Riku Replica flies away with another Riku Replica in his arms, basically telling Real Riku to take care of Namine. KH3.

It really is.

I see...

...so these are the scenes taking place in the ruins shown in the trailer where Riku and Riku SoD face off with Ansem SoD doing his usual folded arms floating thingy, Mickey gets trapped in cards, Sora & Ven in the dark chains etc.

Oh man, this is a lot to unpack, especially with the multiple dying part and repeating the same shit over again.

As for SDG not telling Aqua about Ven's heart.
Even more *facepalm*.
How stupid can one write a scene? And Ven himself isn't acting up either to signal Aqua "hey I'm right here"?

ImVentus

Awards
It's as if the story is going through mood swings. So random, yet entertaining.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I see...

...so these are the scenes taking place in the ruins shown in the trailer where Riku and Riku SoD face off with Ansem SoD doing his usual folded arms floating thingy, Mickey gets trapped in cards, Sora & Ven in the dark chains etc.

Oh man, this is a lot to unpack, especially with the multiple dying part and repeating the same shit over again.

As for SDG not telling Aqua about Ven's heart.
Even more *facepalm*.
How stupid can one write a scene? And Ven himself isn't acting up either to signal Aqua "hey I'm right here"?

Yeah, the scene with the chains is during the face off against Terranort and Vanitas, with Aqua and Ven as party members. I do have to say, I like that we are at least getting a gauntlet where we get to fight with the other GoL, even if the implication is that they can't win without Sora, at least we get to spend some time with them ending their respective arcs. But, OK, here's the thing. Vanitas's ending is fine, he basically decides he's going to be Ven's darkness because it's what he wants, but they don't recomplete or anything. Ven just accepts that Vanitas has chosen his path, Sora protests, but then Vanitas disappears so it's not clear if he's dead or what. Also Sora did see his face and Vanitas just explains it away as him being "Sora's shadow," which, I guess?

But the real problem is Terra's stuff. A lot of fan theories are validated, so that's nice: the Guardian for Terranort is in fact Terra's heart or something, but the execution is...really bad. Like unintentionally hilarious cheese-whiz bad. Terranort summons the dark chains which capture Aqua, Ven and Sora, and then he just laughs maniacally while waving his arms through the air, which causes the chains to swing around and shit, lol. Then he threatens to kill Aqua and Ven and the Guardian shoots out and rescues them. Then it tears the wraps off its mouth and speaks with Terra's voice, repeating the phrase, "I will set this right." Sora shoots a beam of light at Terranort, and Terra's heart is "released" from the Guardian and shoots into Terra, and I guess that's how Terra gets his body back. No mention of Eraqus, no clarity on what happens to the Xehanort part of Terranort. There is a really sweet scene where the BBS trio reunites, but it's not earned at all. The sequence of events leading up to it hardly make any sense, and it's Sora who ultimately frees Terra, not Ven and Aqua, although Terra pays lips service to them by saying they guided him through the dark blah blah. Sooo yeah.

Oh, and Kairi gets kidnapped [I]again[/I] and this time she gets killed by MX from the look of things. That's what causes edge Sora to come out for the second time this game. aljfs;lfajhiowhtueihr

Anyway onto the Days trio.

palizinhas

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back