• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Ladies, the only Star Wars reference I want to see in this thread is confirmation that Ahsoka arrives dual wielding and shows this cast of bantha fodder how to get a job done.

mriku90

Awards
Yeah, I'll be interested to see if the franchise survives after this. I do not see KH3 pulling in a lot of new fans. I think people may play it for the novelty of it, but after this? The series doesn't really have any mandate to go on, the X stuff is divisive at best and moving it from a resource-light mobile game that makes its money on super competitive whales who don't care about the plot or characters to a full console title is not a guaranteed success. I know Square is gonna try, and godspeed. But based on what we've seen, I have a feeling that KH3 is not going to make the case a lot of people think it's making to a general audience, or even to longtime fans.

That's a silly question, of course it will survive. It's got the beloved Disney properties which is a big selling point for the series and will still have the same beloved characters. That to me is enough. Again story has never been a big selling point for KH series and furthermore lets not pretend the FF series has not had it's big ups and downs.

I mean FF 13 (all 3 parts) is just awful. FF XV was a game that wasn't even done when it was released and even the completed product leaves a lot to be desired. FF 8 was a whole lot of meh including the combat system where LEVELING UP is a mistake. FF 9 till this day ends up being my favorite of the series.

IDK I think suggesting KH series is doomed from this point on is a very naive thing to say personally.

I also have a feeling the epilogue and the secret movie will get people amped and excited for what is to come. Why else would Nomura hide it till post release which is a very smart move on his part.

Last edited:

mriku90

Awards
FF9 is great though I just slightly prefer FF6 and FFTactic's over it.

I mean I seriously questioned how the FF series could survive after how awful 13-1 was but then they did 13-2 and 13-3 and both were not received well and all and people downright hated them. And low and behold they're still kicking so suggesting KH is doomed is just silly to me.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
All of this. They are seriously rushing all the emotional scenes.

"Everybody died". But I'm not emotionally invested. With these scenes, you got to lay down the basis and build from there until things are bleak and this is where you start losing characters. Things happened too quick for it to process properly. And then there's this simple emptiness to it all despite Ventus' and Sora's reactions.

It may have helped if they didn't emphasize this scene in the trailers. We saw it coming. And I felt that they chose this scene to present as material before or during the scene being created. Like, "this is what we're showing in trailers!" And since the audience would be aware and therefore spoiled, they flew right through it. That's the way it came off.

I have the feeling things get interesting when Roxas comes into the picture.

Since Aqua's actions, dialogue, and role have been divisive in this thread, and Kairi was already told to "take care of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy" (when she has a keyblade and has trained for this, getting sidelined to be swarmed away to give Sora "manpain") by the only other female there, I don't expect anything, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No wonder.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wat?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
So I just watched the newest video and I have to admit the game did a total 180 and redeemed itself. Nomura had us all fooled!

Awards
Wat?
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

palizinhas

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

furusatoe

Kills me that a week from now I still won't know what the hell anyone is talking about. Argh, this wait.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back